Turbo Flow Rates

Measure the inducer and exducer of both wheels and one of us should be able to guess it into the list.

bnraodn.

T46 is old turbo and it was replace by HT3B , so the size is same.

This T46 is made for Cummins NT(NH)855 maximum hp 360, and turbo housing is 'single entry' style.

S510 Extended Tip Technology together with a Map Width Enhancement Groove allows this turbocharger to support one of the highest pressure ratios available today.
This has the 132mm inducer compressor wheel which is rated at 160 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 1000-1600whp.

S475 This has the 75mm inducer compressor wheel which is rated at 110 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 800-1100whp.

S471 This has the 71mm inducer compressor wheel which is rated at 100 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 700-1000whp.

S465 Extended Tip Technology together with a Map Width Enhancement Groove allows this turbocharger to support one of the highest pressure ratios available today.
This has the 65mm inducer Titanium compressor wheel which is rated at 90 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 650-900whp.

S400 it is also referred to as a B2 turbocharger. This turbo is commonly used as the bottom turbo in staged turbo setup for a cummins turbo diesel. It is capable of moving more air than an ht3b and spools as quick if not quicker than an ht3b 26. The B2 rotates the opposite direction as an HT3b so if your thinking about replaceing your ht3b with this your going to have to replumb your twin setup. In properly setup twins this turbo is capable of supporing 650-700hp.

BHT3B This turbo is commonly used as the bottom turbo in staged turbo setup for a cummins turbo diesel. This turbo is a very popular choice due to its low cost and ability to support big horsepower. This turbo comes with a variety of different turbine housing choices. We recommend the 26cm housing for daily driving and towing power due to its quick throttle response and low end torque The 32 housing is better suited for sled pulling or competition, due to its better top-end and better egt control. In properly setup twins this turbo is capable of supporing 600-650hp

Ball Bearing Garrett GT5533R (aka GT55R) . Capable of close to 1600HP! Compressor wheel diameter is 133mm exd. / 91.2mm ind. (47trim) Compressor housing is .69 A/R has a 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet slip on connection. Turbine housing uses a T6 undivided inlet and 5" V-band outlet.
Turbine
-Wheel: 111.4mm w/ 84 trim
-Housing: 1.0, 1.12, 1.24, 1.40 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 133.0mm exd./91.2mm ind w/ 47 trim
-Housing: .69 A/R

Turbo, Journal Bearing Garrett GT4718 . Capable of close to 1400HP! Compressor wheel diameter is 118mm exd. / 88mm ind. (56trim) Compressor housing is .69 A/R has a 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet slip on connection. Turbine housing uses a T6 undivided inlet and 5" V-band outlet.

Turbine
-Wheel: 92.7mm w/ 82 trim
-Housing: 0.96, 1.08, 1.23, 1.39 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 117.6mm exd./88.0mm ind w/ 56 trim
-Housing: 0.69 A/R

Ball Bearing Garrett GT4508R (aka GT45R) . Capable of close to 1200HP! Compressor wheel diameter is 108mm exd. / 80.8mm ind. (56trim) Compressor housing is .69 A/R has a 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet slip on connection. Turbine housing uses a T4 divided inlet and 5" V-band outlet.

Turbine
-Wheel: 87.0mm w/ 85 trim
-Housing: 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, 1.44 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 108.0mm exd./80.8mm ind w/ 56 trim

Garrett's latest Dual Ball Bearing GT4094R Turbo assembly. T4 style inlet flange with 3.00" V-BAND exit. Large style compressor housing with 4.00" inlet and 2.50"outlet. Great upgrade path (direct fit) for a GT4088R application or any new high HP application that desires the compact package. Good for up 850HP with great top end power and best spoolup for the power range.

Turbine
-Wheel: 77mm w/ 78trim
-Housing: .85, .95, or 1.06 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 94mm w/ 52 trim
-Housing: .72 ar

Of course these are all pretty much bottom for twins.$.02
I am looking at a S500/510 to replace my HT4B IF I ever upgrade.:blahblah1: if the tranny can hold it?:kick: :hehe:
Any smaller buy a motorcycle!:rockwoot:

Hc5a - hx 82

Heya guys how is it over in the states i am a guy from Australia just letting you know that i can obtain fully recondition hx-82's and various other EXTREMELY large turbos for about $1000au dollars now i know that is kinda on the cheap side but as expected there would also be shipping not sure on how much that is

anyhows just letting my first post fly maybe it will help someone Dunno

Catch ya's up....

Procharge

So according to DART505's post, I should get the S465 and still have a decently streetable truck with my 64/14 on top?

Thanks RacinDuallie

hope to learn lots from people in the diesel world as i am finding out the tech is a lot more reliable

1 quick thing tho can anyone help me out with a flow map for the hx80 or bigger ?

have spoken with cummings in the UK via phone and they wont release and info to me about FLOW CFM's RPM of compressor wheel or the compressor map

I really am after anything i can get the more the better... many thanks

procharge

DART505 said:
S510 Extended Tip Technology together with a Map Width Enhancement Groove allows this turbocharger to support one of the highest pressure ratios available today.
This has the 132mm inducer compressor wheel which is rated at 160 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 1000-1600whp.

S475 This has the 75mm inducer compressor wheel which is rated at 110 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 800-1100whp.

S471 This has the 71mm inducer compressor wheel which is rated at 100 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 700-1000whp.

S465 Extended Tip Technology together with a Map Width Enhancement Groove allows this turbocharger to support one of the highest pressure ratios available today.
This has the 65mm inducer Titanium compressor wheel which is rated at 90 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 650-900whp.

S400 it is also referred to as a B2 turbocharger. This turbo is commonly used as the bottom turbo in staged turbo setup for a cummins turbo diesel. It is capable of moving more air than an ht3b and spools as quick if not quicker than an ht3b 26. The B2 rotates the opposite direction as an HT3b so if your thinking about replaceing your ht3b with this your going to have to replumb your twin setup. In properly setup twins this turbo is capable of supporing 650-700hp.

BHT3B This turbo is commonly used as the bottom turbo in staged turbo setup for a cummins turbo diesel. This turbo is a very popular choice due to its low cost and ability to support big horsepower. This turbo comes with a variety of different turbine housing choices. We recommend the 26cm housing for daily driving and towing power due to its quick throttle response and low end torque The 32 housing is better suited for sled pulling or competition, due to its better top-end and better egt control. In properly setup twins this turbo is capable of supporing 600-650hp

Ball Bearing Garrett GT5533R (aka GT55R) . Capable of close to 1600HP! Compressor wheel diameter is 133mm exd. / 91.2mm ind. (47trim) Compressor housing is .69 A/R has a 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet slip on connection. Turbine housing uses a T6 undivided inlet and 5" V-band outlet.
Turbine
-Wheel: 111.4mm w/ 84 trim
-Housing: 1.0, 1.12, 1.24, 1.40 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 133.0mm exd./91.2mm ind w/ 47 trim

Turbo, Journal Bearing Garrett GT4718 . Capable of close to 1400HP! Compressor wheel diameter is 118mm exd. / 88mm ind. (56trim) Compressor housing is .69 A/R has a 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet slip on connection. Turbine housing uses a T6 undivided inlet and 5" V-band outlet.

Turbine
-Wheel: 92.7mm w/ 82 trim
-Housing: 0.96, 1.08, 1.23, 1.39 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 117.6mm exd./88.0mm ind w/ 56 trim
-Housing: 0.69 A/R

Ball Bearing Garrett GT4508R (aka GT45R) . Capable of close to 1200HP! Compressor wheel diameter is 108mm exd. / 80.8mm ind. (56trim) Compressor housing is .69 A/R has a 6" inlet and 3.5" outlet slip on connection. Turbine housing uses a T4 divided inlet and 5" V-band outlet.

Turbine
-Wheel: 87.0mm w/ 85 trim
-Housing: 1.01, 1.15, 1.28, 1.44 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 108.0mm exd./80.8mm ind w/ 56 trim

Garrett's latest Dual Ball Bearing GT4094R Turbo assembly. T4 style inlet flange with 3.00" V-BAND exit. Large style compressor housing with 4.00" inlet and 2.50"outlet. Great upgrade path (direct fit) for a GT4088R application or any new high HP application that desires the compact package. Good for up 850HP with great top end power and best spoolup for the power range.

Turbine
-Wheel: 77mm w/ 78trim
-Housing: .85, .95, or 1.06 A/R
Compressor
-Wheel: 94mm w/ 52 trim
-Housing: .72 ar

Of course these are all pretty much bottom for twins.$.02
I am looking at a S500/510 to replace my HT4B IF I ever upgrade.:blahblah1: if the tranny can hold it?:kick: :hehe:
Any smaller buy a motorcycle!:rockwoot:

GREAT POST Chris!!:bow:

Life does'nt start untill your turbo weighs 50 + lbs.!!:what: :rockwoot:
I think I want the S595 now.:snoop: :badidea:

Industrial Injection can do wonders with a K31. This meets the 2.8 DHRA Street rule and 3.0 ex FPP Street rule. 45lbs drive and 45lbs boost.

K31_Turbo_006.jpg

K31_Turbo_008.jpg

This has been a great read, there is just loads of info here !

Turbo's

First off I want to say that this is one of THE BEST turbo threads I've ever seen, nice job Guys! :bow:

Now I'm wondering if I could get an opinion from one of the resident experts on what turbo would be good for my application.

Truck is a 97 12 valve, 5 speed. PDR pump work, not a stupid pump but it is flowing some fuel. The head has been ported and O-ringed with PDR camshaft. DDP stage 4 injectors. Current turbo is a B-1 with a clipped turbine wheel no wastegate. With this current turbo I've seen the boost as high as 53 psi at sea level. I live in the Rocky Mtns and at 8000 feet I see about 43 psi. Last dyno was with 370 injectors and the results were 542hp & 1200+ torque (dyno only went up to 1200 on torque). My SOP meter is telling me the DDP4's have added about 30-40 HP.

My goal is to get to 600hp on the dyno single turbo with no drugs or methanol but still be able to tow in valet mode. Due to towing I cannot have any surging issues. I don't tow heavy, about 8000 lbs, but I am at altitude. Prior to the B-1 I'm running now, I killed two HX-40's and I'm sure the altitude played a role in the HX-40's demise.

I have no real complaints with my current B-1, but have been reading about the new design "low drive pressure" turbine wheels and would also like to be wastgated. With 100,000 miles on the B-1 I'm sure it could stand to have the bearings freshend up.

I've been looking at getting something along the lines of an HTT Super stock 62 or the HTT Quick Diesel 64?

What about the SPS series of turbo's?

Thanks for any and all input :Cheer:

Rebel

It took me about 30 minutes to dig that in my archives!:blahblah1:
Ok I'll add some smaller ones.
S300 Performance Cummins Turbo - The S300 turbo series features a strong, large shaft, extended tip compressor turbos for aftercooled Dodge Cummins engines. With a 4" exhaust system, free-flowing air box and fuel enough to burn, 350-625 HP is the comfort range for these turbos. The Borg-Warner Turbo Series features extremely durable and responsive chargers. After the initial quick spool-up, the S300 turbos build boost even quicker than other hybrid turbos so that there is plenty of boost at low-end, for towing and, well, for sheer fun. The result is minimal smoke as well as even lower EGT's.

These turbos feature ported shroud compressor housings, well as dual ported wastegates with adjustable actuators set by our shop at about 40 lbs psi. Keep in mind that boost equates to turbine speed and once you exceed "safe" boost levels of a turbo, any turbo will become a candidate for failure. Engine head gaskets and other components are at risk as boost levels approach 50 lbs.
At or around 500 horsepower usually max EGT's under 1400 degrees with this turbo (excluding customers at high altitudes).

Dodgezilla Hybrid the best of both worlds. The Dodgezilla Hybrid Turbo features the largest HX-40 compressor side avaliable allowing your turbo to flow more air. The Dodgezilla uses an upgraded HX-35 turbine housing, allowing you flow more air while avoiding the cost of a expensive downpipe and the weaker shaft of the HX40. You will notice the dodgezilla turbo spools up quicker and stays in its effective range much longer. The increased air flow will increase your low end throttle response, reduce your EGT and reduce the amount of smoke at low throttle.

Schwitzer/Borg Warner S258 turbocharger, with its Extended Tip Technology. This Extended Tip Technology together with a Map Width Enhancement Groove allows this turbocharger to support one of the highest pressure ratios available today.
This has the 58mm inducer which is rated at 58 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 400-580whp.
Compressor Wheel:
Inducer: 58mm
Exducer: 79mm
Extended Tips: 85mm
Turbine Wheel:
Inducer: 74mm
Exducer: 65mm

Schwitzer/Borg Warner S362 turbocharger
This has the 62mm inducer which is rated at 65 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 500-650whp.
Compressor Wheel:
Inducer: 62mm
Exducer: 83mm
Extended Tips: 88mm
Turbine Wheel:
Inducer: 80mm
Exducer: 71mm

Schwitzer/Borg Warner S364 turbocharger
This has the 64mm inducer which is rated at 75 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 600-750whp.
Compressor Wheel:
Inducer: 64mm
Exducer: 86mm
Extended Tips: 91mm
Turbine Wheel:

Schwitzer/Borg Warner S364
This has the 66mm inducer which is rated at 80 lbs/min, this turbo is designed to work efficiently between 650-800whp.
Compressor Wheel:
Inducer: 66mm
Exducer: 91mm
Extended Tips: 96mm
Turbine Wheel:

Did I mention the
Borg Warner S510 Turbocharger?:hehe:

Garrett GT6041 Turbo
COMPRESSOR TURBINE
Wh Dia Trim A/R
Ind Exd
105.7mm 141mm 56 1.05
Wh Dia Trim A/R Type
130.0mm 84 1.47 Free Float
TURBINE HOUSING OPTION
Part Number
441319-97
Wh Dia Trim A/R Type
130.0mm 84 1.25 Free Float
:pop:

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Smokem. So you think the low drive wheel would be slower to spool than my "old school B-1"? I was hoping for a little quicker spool up than what I have now.

I talked with HTT the other day and they were saying their new ex housing is supposed to be out the beginging of Feb. They are supposed to call me back with some numbers, but the way it sounds the internal WG will be around 80% bigger then the b2 series. That is huge. It should pretty much eliminat the need for and external WG on twins. It should also help out big time with the singles crowd.