Turbos for 1300 Hp ?

I have never made a comment about anyone not providing a compressor MAP, nor would I care if they did or did not.

Yes you have Weston.

I don't care either way.

I'd be more annoyed if I had a fan boy bashing a competitors product with a fake smear.

Last edited:
Yes you have Weston.

I don't care either way.

I'd be more annoyed if I had a fan boy bashing a competitors product with a fake smear.

I’m not a fan boy, nor am I smearing someone.

I simply stated some FACTS, that you apparently don’t like.

I've been told the 83mm turbines have durability issues when compared to the 87. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

I've been told the 83mm turbines have durability issues when compared to the 87. Has anyone else experienced this?

there is a video that firepunk put out somewhat recently about them imploding an 83 turbine in a compound setup on the dyno, and then swapping it out for an 87 lol

It depends on the level that it’s run at. An 83 turbine would be fine at the hp level the OP is talking about. Take an 87mm turbine and try running it as a secondary on a 2,000hp setup you’ll most likely have issues with it too. You can’t really blame the part for the failure when it’s run above and beyond capacity.

No, I have not. Compressor maps mean very little in my world, which is actual horsepower numbers from actual testing, not beating up a keyboard.

Weston, while I respect your back pedaling on your prior posts(over a year ago), like we have discussed on prior occasions your "real world" data is based on very limited metrics and controls.

You're not on Jose and FI's level.... at least not yet that is.

Fueling for dinosaurs definitely seems to be your wheelhouse which I wouldn't debate you on as that's a pretty cut and dry scenario.

I’m not a fan boy, nor am I smearing someone.

I simply stated some FACTS, that you apparently don’t like.

You have no facts my dude lol. You're playing the telephone game passing along another fan boys bad data. It's all good though, as the many many many of us that have ran FI turbos know build quality. . Word to the wise... don't smear a company with baseless claims or no first hand evidence unless you're prepared for the full potential of ramifications.

For what it's worth I'd run FI instead of a brand like Bullseye any day of the week. Why may you ask.... first hand failure experience.

The thrust on the secondary is the known cause of failure along with the ease of overspeeding and cooking the bearing resulting in housing contacts and catastrophic failure. When on the turbine side it's a blessing compared to upstream obviously.

Again? That's why he keyboards so much. He can't actually speak because of his disposition.

You've already proved to know very little about very little. Stick to your talking points kiddo.

there is a video that firepunk put out somewhat recently about them imploding an 83 turbine in a compound setup on the dyno, and then swapping it out for an 87 lol

Just as said above, of course the 87 will be more durable ESPECIALLY for high HP as they move at slower rate of speed as well as handle thrust and surge better.

Never.... just calling out others dumba$$ statements current and past. You know this already.

Someone's gotta do it!:stab:

Look in the mirror, fool. You’re the idiot in this thread, and nearly every other thread on here.

Reply however you wish to, it’ll only be more of your stupid, name calling, totally irrelevant garbage, and I for one won’t bother to reply to whatever you post on this thread again.

Look in the mirror, fool. You’re the idiot in this thread, and nearly every other thread on here.

Reply however you wish to, it’ll only be more of your stupid, name calling, totally irrelevant garbage, and I for one won’t bother to reply to whatever you post on this thread again.

Name calling? Bro, you have those millenia kinda feelings. I tell you what, back your baseless statement up.... or stfu. Your a$$ was called to the table for making a false statement to what you've already acknowledged having no clue on and you don't like that. Other than that, your fan boy post wasn't much of substance. Next thing you know you're gonna be pimping "tater-built" bumper stickers. LOL

I make statements that are supported by real experience lol.... you offer pom poms and insults on what you have no clue on.:clap:

Last edited:
I setup a 467.7 and SXE 588 combo for a customer. It dyno'd 1200hp to the wheels. Street manners were super impressize. Truck was an 05 5.9 with HP tuners by the owner. In my opinion the 96mm turbine on the S400 chassis is too small for any compressor wheel bigger then an 80mm.

I setup a 467.7 and SXE 588 combo for a customer. It dyno'd 1200hp to the wheels. Street manners were super impressize. Truck was an 05 5.9 with HP tuners by the owner. In my opinion the 96mm turbine on the S400 chassis is too small for any compressor wheel bigger then an 80mm.

For my primary FI ETR 488/96/1.32 with the V2 cover I have seen 25-30ish on the intra-stage with around 80ish overall. For a single I can see your point on too small of a turbine as this one with my 150% over in the primary position is boost on control at 2100iah rpm. I did notice a very tiny bit more lag when switched the intra pipe from 3.5-4" pipe.

Jose does crazy amount of volume and is well known on both the has and diesel world.

There's a reason the x275 changed their turbo rules, and many of those heavy hitters ran his units.

Love.my 488 ETR V2 primary from him. It's done 1500hp on setups as a single for multiple racers.

I can see the 72/88 compound benefit, I personally hated every single 72 I ever ran and avoided them.

I still like the smallish secondary for street manners.

Who is Jose ?

OP.... define what you consider streetable. Running RPM upto 2400+ to control smog and lag isn't my definition of street friendly. That's the kinda ballpark rpm you can expect with the 87 on the manifold.