Turbos for 1300 Hp ?

I run a 467.7 fmw 1.10 housing 83 turbine, over a 485. Spools very easy, I can street drive it no problem with a 13mm 12v at 36* timing.

A snappy setup is loads more fun on the street than a laggy setup that makes 500 more hp for me.

I agree with this 100%.

Are you after a number, or something you can live with and enjoy driving? That's the big question.

My opinion is that your gut feeling vs. the guys that you have talked to with decades of experience holds little weight.

$0.02

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not really the site to ask this on but I am curious: what do you need more horsepower to achieve on the street? You may find going to a larger setup will feel much slower. We see it a lot where a guy swaps his single S300 frame for an S400 frame and regrets every second of it. A snappy setup is loads more fun on the street than a laggy setup that makes 500 more hp for me.

I have had 2 other 1k horsepower trucks and understand lag . One was responsive and one not so responsive . This is my third truck and is 1025/1750Tq according to Firepunks dyno . It responds great. Im simply looking to maximize the motors potential . I suppose I do NOT need the 1025hp for the street. But if I can get more , why not ? My inquiry has been simply about changing my air to increase HP and not to sacrifice responsiveness . I don't mind sacrificing a little. I do like to race , pull and do dirt drags . OP says "primarily street driven" I am looking for the "sweet spot" of the truck , power and responsiveness . I think my current air setup is lacking .

I agree with this 100%.

Are you after a number, or something you can live with and enjoy driving? That's the big question.

My opinion is that your gut feeling vs. the guys that you have talked to with decades of experience holds little weight.

$0.02

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Good for you and your desires . :doh:

My gut feeling was posted to be challenged and it has not up to this post . I believe I have previously stated my lack of knowledge in this area . Thats why I posted the questions. I also believe there may be decades of experience as "keyboard cowboys " and not real world knowledge. This is based on the broad range of varying opinions. Many of the people I have spoke with "slam" each others views . I experience "non-reworld knowledge" in my profession and surely its not "bound" there .

Thats my $.02 . I probably can find $.02 if you want it .

Good for you and your desires . :doh:

My gut feeling was posted to be challenged and it has not up to this post . I believe I have previously stated my lack of knowledge in this area . Thats why I posted the questions. I also believe there may be decades of experience as "keyboard cowboys " and not real world knowledge. This is based on the broad range of varying opinions. Many of the people I have spoke with "slam" each others views . I experience "non-reworld knowledge" in my profession and surely its not "bound" there .

Thats my $.02 . I probably can find $.02 if you want it .

I did my setup to essentially move my truck out of it's own way with being so heavy. Power wise don't know or care where I'm at, but I personally went through 4 different setups prior to my current. With the 64.5sxe/80/.90 T4 fed by the FI 488 ETR with V2 cover.... I love this setup. I only have a 188/220 changing flow compared to your fully modded head, and my fueling is only 135% with a single 12mm pump compared to your heavier fueled setup. I like being able to have boost on demand no higher than 1800-2100rpm and this is why I settled where I did.

One thing nobody has asked you is what kinda pressure numbers do you have for the primary, total boost, and drive?

I did my setup to essentially move my truck out of it's own way with being so heavy. Power wise don't know or care where I'm at, but I personally went through 4 different setups prior to my current. With the 64.5sxe/80/.90 T4 fed by the FI 488 ETR with V2 cover.... I love this setup. I only have a 188/220 changing flow compared to your fully modded head, and my fueling is only 135% with a single 12mm pump compared to your heavier fueled setup. I like being able to have boost on demand no higher than 1800-2100rpm and this is why I settled where I did.

One thing nobody has asked you is what kinda pressure numbers do you have for the primary, total boost, and drive?

Thanks for the information. I have 2 boost gauges . Only one is hooked up . I really can’t remember what boost # it hits at the highest setting . I am thinking around 60. I have not driven it for a couple months. How is drive pressure measured ?

I have decided to give Westons recommendations a shot .

366/73SXE .83AR T4 and 488/96 1.32AR T6

This is replacing my Industrial injection setup : 66/74/14 silver bullet and S480/96/1.32 which is currently 1025/1750 on Firepunks dyno.

I have decided to give Westons recommendations a shot .

366/73SXE .83AR T4 and 488/96 1.32AR T6

This is replacing my Industrial injection setup : 66/74/14 silver bullet and S480/96/1.32 which is currently 1025/1750 on Firepunks dyno.

And considering this piping as I will be installing myself .

Wehrli Custom Fab s Super Store

What manifold should I purchase and why ? Steed , stainless , Other ?

I pick my manifolds the same as I pick my shoes, straight from China. I've cracked a couple cheap t4 manifolds but never was an issue.

I pick my manifolds the same as I pick my shoes, straight from China. I've cracked a couple cheap t4 manifolds but never was an issue.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:
I’d totally agree on a tow/low mileage application, but on a primarily street driven truck I like better quality.

I second this. I could easily make a nice manifold or header but the china castings are so cheap and work with no problems. I've had the cheap china cast 3 piece manifolds withstand 50+ 1/4 mile drag race runs with 1950-2150egt and no issues. You are more likely to crack the turbine housing on the manifold turbo than the manifold imo.

Also would like to add that on my racetruck setup running a cheap china cast T4 3 piece manifold egt temps are within 75*F between cylinders, and that's with a stock intake plenum....So I'd say they flow pretty evenly.

Back