Turbos for 1300 Hp ?

OP.... define what you consider streetable. Running RPM upto 2400+ to control smog and lag isn't my definition of street friendly. That's the kinda ballpark rpm you can expect with the 87 on the manifold.

My current setup is (industrial injection 66/74 and 480/96) . I consider this very streetable at 1025 HP . It hazes at Idle pretty good but cleans up at normal driving at does not roll an enormous amount of black smoke when I get into it.

Weston seems to think his s300 66/73 SXE T3 or T4 with internal waste gate and s400 74/83 will be in the 1300 HP range .

This is based on the 1025HP at fire punks dyno and having it dynoed there again. It may not technically be 1025/1300 but looking for a 30% increase.

No i do not want to run at 2400rpm to control smog and lag. If that were the only way to reach that goal , I would stay where I am at .

My current setup is (industrial injection 66/74 and 480/96) . I consider this very streetable at 1025 HP . It hazes at Idle pretty good but cleans up at normal driving at does not roll an enormous amount of black smoke when I get into it.

Weston seems to think his s300 66/73 SXE T3 or T4 with internal waste gate and s400 74/83 will be in the 1300 HP range .

This is based on the 1025HP at fire punks dyno and having it dynoed there again. It may not technically be 1025/1300 but looking for a 30% increase.

No i do not want to run at 2400rpm to control smog and lag. If that were the only way to reach that goal , I would stay where I am at .

So your secondary is gated already? Assuming a silver 66 or ....?

The 66sxe with the T4 was a great secondary when I ran it with a 480/96....

66sxe 1.0 T4 with a well built 488/96 would be an enjoyable strip/street and not be working the dog piss outta the primary.

Lots of people forget to calculate their PRs when doing compounds.

The math on the 69sxe 1.0 T4 with a 6 blade 480 was showing the 69 barely doing $hit and the 480 wanting to do everything.

I'm still a slut for the 64.5sxe as a primary for a daily.

66sxe 1.0 T4 with a well built 488/96 would be an enjoyable strip/street and not be working the dog piss outta the primary.

The math on the 69sxe 1.0 T4 with a 6 blade 480 was showing the 69 barely doing $hit and the 480 wanting to do everything.

I don't think its gated .

I have this kit

66/74/14 Silver Bullet Turbo

- S480/96/1.32 Borg Warner Turbo

- Race 3, 180hp, 78% over or larger injectors recommended

- Fast Spooling Racing Compound Turbo Setup

- Good for over 800 Horsepower

Secondary?

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

If Garrett turbos or triples would be a better route to achieve my goals , I am in for that as well .

Goals : 30% more HP than what I have(want to hit 1300 + on fire punks dyno) , primary street use , will deal with a little more lag than what I have but would rather not .

If I am expecting to much swapping out my existing turbos , let me know why .

If Garrett turbos or triples would be a better route to achieve my goals , I am in for that as well .

Goals : 30% more HP than what I have(want to hit 1300 + on fire punks dyno) , primary street use , will deal with a little more lag than what I have but would rather not .

If I am expecting to much swapping out my existing turbos , let me know why .

I’d recommend NOT doing triples for the fact that a good compound setup will accomplish what you want to, with little or no changes need to your piping.

Box Garrett turbos will cost more than good aftermarket Borgs, and aren’t going be “better” in the flow department.

Keep your secondary the same size that it currently is, just with better wheels in it, and a better, slightly larger primary, and I think your power goals, and drivability goals are doable.

Did you ask the Firepunk guys? You could try the big turbine s488 in you current setup right now, a test I would love to see.

A smaller S400 secondary is so much more durable, but loose the internal gate. Best case, most cost effective would be a 68mm S400 secondary, with a external gate.
Along with a 88mm S400. And a T4 manifold

And for 1300hp range, I'd just vent the external gate to atmosphere.

A smaller S400 secondary is so much more durable, but loose the internal gate. Best case, most cost effective would be a 68mm S400 secondary, with a external gate.

With his fuel the T4 1.0/83mm he should be able to street itessily without a gate and hit his goal.

I am a fan of Khaos 63/s500 setup thats laid down some hate on the rollers and strip.

Thought he was running a 67.7 fmy?

Any way haven't looked in the S500's much, seems not many run them. How would a S500 compare to a 485/96 that's ran at high drive pressure? As in the limiting factor I believe.

Thought he was running a 67.7 fmy?

Any way haven't looked in the S500's much, seems not many run them. How would a S500 compare to a 485/96 that's ran at high drive pressure? As in the limiting factor I believe.

I don't remember which truck he had it on. Just remember the #s.

It'd do good. The v2 cover is a must. This is one of the things that helps the sxe s488.

Have not asked Firepunk yet , but will . When I initially talked to them Larson suggested what Lavon has on his quad cab: 472/87/1.0 T4 paired with a 488/96/1.32 T6 on a steed speed or stainless manifold .

I would like to give Weston a Kudos. He talked to me for over 1 hour answering my questions. This is what customers service is all about !

Thanks for everyone’s input!

I agree that the small S400 is more durable, but he’ll end up with a somewhat laggier setup with an S4 on the manifold.

I don’t like the idea of an external gate vented to atmosphere on a fuel only street truck because you take drive away from the primary and the secondary ends up doing a lot more of the work.

I agree that the small S400 is more durable, but he’ll end up with a somewhat laggier setup with an S4 on the manifold.

I don’t like the idea of an external gate vented to atmosphere on a fuel only street truck because you take drive away from the primary and the secondary ends up doing a lot more of the work.

I disagree running "small" turbos to 1300hp.

I used to run an external gate into the hot pipe on my old set. Was constantly changing I blamed on heat soak of the gate spring.
Then just slowed the secondary down. A 800hp street truck that tows, yes plumb back into the hotpipe, an extreme use app, vent that chit out.

I would like to give Weston a Kudos. He talked to me for over 1 hour answering my questions. This is what customers service is all about !

I enjoyed the conversation Chris, hopefully you find the information I emailed useful in making your decision.

Back