TX - Little River Diesel Throwdown | July 27th 2013

No updates other than trying to find another dyno. The one listed backed out. The classes you listed will be heads up. The powder puff will be bracket.

Might try west Texas diesel in San Angelo they might bring there dyno. And on the classes will we be able to run in both classes 2x2 and 4x4 if we kick it in two wheel drive for the 2x2 class?

Little Update

There will be a dyno present. The guys from 361motorsports and my hometown backyard stepped in to help.

Anything is welcome to dyno. Of course all the diesels that are showing up, gassers, AWD vehicles and even motorcycles. The six wheelers will need to remove the outers. Bring whatever you want to run on the rollers.

Cost will be $75 for three pulls. You can run your own truck as long as you know how to. If you feel uncomfortable in doing so, then one of the guys will do it for you.

No tire rules for the classes. You heavy, decently fast guys be aware that there is short room to slow your roll. If you feel uncomfortable trying to slow down speak up. We may try and incorporate something into the 1/8 mile.

Thanks!

Might try west Texas diesel in San Angelo they might bring there dyno. And on the classes will we be able to run in both classes 2x2 and 4x4 if we kick it in two wheel drive for the 2x2 class?

Sorry, missed your question. At this point, I don't think we will allow the 4wd's to run in the 2wd class. Having to put in the extra work making sure 4wd is disengaged doesn't seem to be in anybody's interest.

Thanks Brandon

I would be down for 1/8th mile. If I can make it and I find an FCA before Friday. Maybe I'll overnight one for Thursday and call in sick Saturday.

Get it son! I really need to see how fast "fast"is before we shorten it up to 1/8

Hope to make it. Cutting it close again.

You ever ran at little river?

If not, you're one that will need to be on the ball with the shut down. $.02

Also, I heard they've done some work but mid track had a "bump" that can give the faster cars traction problems. Watch out for it, especially in the right lane.

Last edited:
Ill be there with the mustang but I will probably leave my pile at the house. Thank for the heads up on lanes Brandon, better go pack the chute tight for this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ever ran at little river?

If not, you're one that will need to be on the ball with the shut down. $.02

Also, I heard they've done some work but mid track had a "bump" that can give the faster cars traction problems. Watch out for it, especially in the right lane.

No I have not. Thanks for the heads up. Truck is not ready it seems. Two crucial parts have not made it yet and doubt they will.

Track has been milled through the 1/8th two years ago. I haven't heard or know of any complaints since then about a bump. You should be fine.

Work on your shutdown though. If any issues arise speak up and we will come up with something.

Getting closer.

Shooting for Friday delivery of my FCA. Hope to see y'all there. Haven't been to an event or get together in a LONG time.

what are facilities like? I have a pregnant wife and son that are coming. I'm going to bring the popup canopy and hopefully a fan, but I don't know how long we will be able to stay if it gets HOT!

what are facilities like? I have a pregnant wife and son that are coming. I'm going to bring the popup canopy and hopefully a fan, but I don't know how long we will be able to stay if it gets HOT!

Used to be pretty basic. Concession stand and restrooms. Nothing fancy.

Brett, I will have a camper with A/C for my wife and kids. You're free to use it for your family as well.