U D C

Just got my new clutch installed today I got a few small things to do & I'll be ready to see what this can do. I never got to push it as far as it could go on just ssr tuning before I had to turn it down to keep the clutch from slipping.

Started making a tune last night and have a few questions.

First is there a way to highlight an area in the middle of the map like the cruising range?

Is there a smoothing feature or something similar?

What is the most effective way to change cell values? 2d, 3d or spreadsheet?

You can highlight from the spreadsheet. click on a cell, hold shift and move to the opposite corner of the area you want to highlight and click on that cell.

There is kinda a smoothing feature, its the button with the slope and two arrows on it.

It all depends on why you are changing it.

ha, whatya know... my truck was mad at me for taking its pilot event away, had some screwy goings on of late and last I recall was shutting the event off with a host of other changes., Well just adjusted the tune like crazy, to more closely match the ssr 10 sample tune and the truck was still pissed, went out and turned the pilot back on and truck is much happier. Now I should get to my regularly scheduled shoot to kill tune.

Something I have been wondering is if you turn off the pilot with UDC does it do anything for the timing? If not you cannot run the same timing without a pilot.

I don't think the software is smart enough to shift the tables over for you when pilot is disabled. i wold like to see the tab key enabled to move from one cell tothe next, adjusting the maps you click on one cell, adjust with the arrows all the way to the right, then mouse back to select next cell...... just hit tab, leave curser on up down arrows area.

after programming the tuner, plug it into the truck, and when you go through setting speed limiter, rpm limiter... there is an option for pilot injection on or off.. at least that is how it is in UDC.

Something I have been wondering is if you turn off the pilot with UDC does it do anything for the timing? If not you cannot run the same timing without a pilot.

Disable pilot...BUT add timing to your table.

I have a single tune built with EFI, and my minimum timing in the main timing is 10*BTDC. Then adjust your map accordingly.

That's what I figured. On the standard SSR tune it does it for you, so I wasn't 100% sure with UDC.

I am not sure, the UG finds all the gauges you have available and only lets you select them.

EDIT: I just got to thinking that there was some issues with rail pressure on the 03-04's with the Scan Gauges. I was pretty sure that the Insight shows rail pressure thou, so I figured the UG would work. Your the first I have heard say it doesn't, but I am not sure if I have seen anyone say it does work thou.

It's labeled FR PSI.

Last edited:
I don't think UG does rail on 2004.5 trucks. It does work with mine. I can't even get Eng load to work.

No rail pressure! Has RPM LOAD and TPS and current MPG bunch of other stuff! You should have a quality stand alone rail guage

Back