U D C

Time to install it.. I have a Rail Press guage that I had not installed was hoping Ultra Guage would take care of it.. Looks like the Dash POD is going in..
Will move Boost and Drive guage and install Rail pressure on the Dash.
Put Fuel pressure, EGT and Tran Temp in console.
Ultra Guage on the Pillar.

For towing I really like EGT, Boost, Fuel on the dash pod.. They are right in the line of sight. Drive is down by the trailer brake controller, and oil psi on the A-Pillar next to the UG.

I am going to try and go back to stock. Maybe this will update my ecm version?
Think this might have a chance of helping ultra guage?

That shouldn't make a difference. Smarty uses the latest software in its tunes and the stock tune.

I finally got my truck back together, should be good after breakin period . replaced all the bearings & ring & pinion gear set in rear 1 U joint, transmission & installed a sdd3250 clutch. I started my udc tuning on the low side and looks good so far. I have got rid of my timing rattle on take off under no boost & the smoke. It puffs some grey smoke If I floor it with no boost and goes.I have gained some more torque on take off & it pulls out from a stop so much smoother. It is less work to drive now. People who try to drive without smoking know what Im talking about. this is so much better than pick a # 1-50. I'm going to the shop in the morning to get my modis & do some data logging to see if it is doing as comanded. Very happy so far.

Anybody interested in either having remote tuning done or helping guys with remote tuning, Brian is working on an detailed instruction sheet for it and should have it ready for you guys pretty quick. It helps simplify a lot of the questions you guys have had about having someone else write tunes for your truck.

Ok quick question to verify..... Smoke and high temps at full throttle mean?
A: to much timing
B: Not enough timing
C: To much duration
D: Not enough duration
E: All of the above

I'm at 28 timing on the top end already! I've been looking at the duration maps and was wondering why duration raises in the higher rpm? I would think that a faster cycle "RPM" would need to make the duration faster shorter? But the map raises the duration?? WHY? Am I reading it wrong?!

I'm at 28 timing on the top end already! I've been looking at the duration maps and was wondering why duration raises in the higher rpm? I would think that a faster cycle "RPM" would need to make the duration faster shorter? But the map raises the duration?? WHY? Am I reading it wrong?!

More fuel, more timing, more pressure and moar hp!

To a certain extent.

Ok quick question to verify..... Smoke and high temps at full throttle mean?
A: to much timing
B: Not enough timing
C: To much duration
D: Not enough duration
E: All of the above

Often a sign of too much duration and your Cp3 can't maintain enough rail pressure.

Lavon

Look at the labels I have posted, duration is NOT related to rpms. On a stock peak pressure truck the 2nd row from the bottom is the one that is used when WOT, at nearly any rpm (there are some tq management/TPS limits.. as well as boost), but for arguments sake that is WOT.

So for example lets get to 23,206 psi at 2000 rpms. So the duration at WOT is the same from 2000-3500. The reason the timing must advance is piston speed. Lets assume a 2500us setting in the 87.6/93.8 row at 3600 rpms.

If I inject 50% of the fuel BTDC at 2000 rpms the timing is going to be 15.0°, but the same duration takes 22.5° of timing to be 50% BTDC at 3000 rpms.

So 28°, what rpm, pressure and duration?

I'll get that info tomorrow been a long day! But a rough memory is 28 at 3500rpm
23000psi and duration is the same as sample 30!

Back