UNOH Pulling Truck

:bang I'd rather be kicked in the nuts! :kick:

Look we dont need stuff like that. I did not post this thread to get bashed this is the types of commments that I did not want to see on here, if you have something pertanent to my orginal post than thats fine. But if you are going to be a wise a$$ about the stuff I am throwing around dont bother posting anything on this thread.

And to answer your question JFlagg we are going to try and get in the NADM circuit.

Haha a bit touchy!! I was just giving you a little friendly grief. Calm down buddy

The Diesel Club at UNOH is in the process of building a pulling truck. I am trying to get all the information straight of what they want to run and what class they are trying to get into. This far I know it will have a 24V in it I believe. Any body have any suggestions on a good setup to run on it and we are also trying to get some sponsors for this thing. All help is greatly appreciated. :thankyou2:

Talk to Mike (mclunas) on this site, I think he has an awesome setup. He runs about 590hp with his, and I believe its on a stock VP

Bad news guys I just found out last night that the motor is a 53 block... I guess thats why it got donated. LOL

Bad news guys I just found out last night that the motor is a 53 block... I guess thats why it got donated. LOL

Oh boy!! I split a block this year. Not fun. Makes the year alot harder. I ran it all year with an 18" crack and cylinders cracked on the inside and did just fine. Just be sure to carry a BIG water jug once it does bust!

truck

I think you are all creating yourself a heck of a bunch of work that won't pan out to the good by using the half ton to get started. I would not be a bit scared of the 53 block. If it cracks, weld it or just keep putting stop leak and antifreeze in it. I pulled with a blown head gasket that leaked antifreeze everytime I pulled for a long time. Anyway, to the real point, I have a 1996 dodge ext cab long bed truck. The body is kinda rough need rocker panels and cab corners, fenders, the doors need a little work, the fender wells on the bed are starting to rust, frame needs blasted and painted but is def useable. It is a rolling chassis with a 60 front and a 70 rear. Truck was an auto. Interior is complete. Needs a radiator and intercooler I think. Ill make you a hell of a deal........ come and get it. Im in West Virginia 15 miles from morgantown. I own a Serious Diesel Performance, a small performance and repair shop. Ive got plenty of equipment to get it loaded. Im pretty sure that I have the title. Call the shop and ask for Nathan if you want it. 304-864-4600

Hey guys sorry i haven't been on in a while. Logan I have talked to Trammell numerous times and I am still trying to get things figured out for him to get sponsors for this truck and I am not really getting anywhere. They want it be a pulling truck but they are more worried about getting it running now. I dont really see the point they still have all winter to get it going good and running before the next pulling season. He said he wants it so that way other people can slowly work on it and get it where they want it. I feel like they will have plenty of time to get it there now and after every season they will be busy enough stripping it down and checking everything over.

this is every project......they have been wanting to build a pulling truck for almost 2 years and you know what.........it aint done.........its the same typical UNOH bull.......they say they dont have the money or sponsors.......but they can have open track day and can afford to destroy 5 or 6 dirt cars just to impress a couple people.........heck they would spend 10's of thousands of dollars to advertise in Lima when everyone in Lima knows we were there........but they wouldnt pay 1000 to send us to offroad races with the dually and trailer.......it is pathetic......if we could get 1 kid to go 1 session then that trip was paid for........but NO.......you might as well forget it.......this thing was doomed before it was even started..........Logan.

dpending on what turbo size you decide on I have a 62 that I could let go cheap since I'll be up there in august, and I'll deffinently be interested in getting involved with this.

My start date is also set in august, and id also be interested in becoming a part of this.

dpending on what turbo size you decide on I have a 62 that I could let go cheap since I'll be up there in august, and I'll deffinently be interested in getting involved with this.

My start date is also set in august, and id also be interested in becoming a part of this.

too bad it will never happen....it will die like every other student project....if it isnt drag racing or circle track they will kill it....god you should of seen us pulling teeth about the offroad course....that took forever just to be able to start building it........

Really? well that's awsome, I guess I'll see ya up there then man! You going to the open house/ scholarship testing next friday?