upgraded ecm for the vp's!

the problem is the price to build such a ecm and the demand. ya it would be cool, but you still are limited at the pump for making big hp at those rpms. rotary pump just cant do it

the problem is the price to build such a ecm and the demand. ya it would be cool, but you still are limited at the pump for making big hp at those rpms. rotary pump just cant do it

Bigger pumps excist and make big power i think the programing at least to 4k should be possible.

Im somehow a believer in the vp...idk why but someone please give the few of us something to look forward to

I just don't see enough of a market for someone to spend a ton of $ on these trucks. Need 4k? Quad, redline and soon possibly Smarty already have that covered. The ecm doesn't have enough control to gain much HP so the only thing you'd really get is slightly better tuneability. Id like to be able to fine tune my truck better but the money that a standalone ecm will cost won't really be worth it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I just don't see enough of a market for someone to spend a ton of $ on these trucks. Need 4k? Quad, redline and soon possibly Smarty already have that covered. The ecm doesn't have enough control to gain much HP so the only thing you'd really get is slightly better tuneability. Id like to be able to fine tune my truck better but the money that a standalone ecm will cost won't really be worth it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

A stand alone in my opinion no it would probaly cost way to much to be worth it. More tuneability from someone say like Smarty would do a great deal. As for Redline and Adr. I have seen many ups and downs with them. Not saying they are junk cause they get the job done most times but, who wants to run this stack for street then put this stack in for race oh wait convert to drive home. Dedicated puller won't have this issue I understand. I'm not even asking for anything like 5k etc just fuel to 4k no defueling. Hell just to have something turn off the defuel period would be a good step.

Bigger pumps excist and make big power i think the programing at least to 4k should be possible.

it is:bang quad 4k box been out for like a year and a half. get that play with your apps, and hard wire your lift pump to the battery. should be able to get 4200rpms. max i have hit is 4260

redline box is also avalable and will do 4k

next problem, im running the pumps rotor dry with 7x12s you guys are wanting 5 or 6k good luck with that.

so you say they can build better pump, ya but that will have a cost to it. what moster mike charges $3,000 for his pump set up already? so the kinda pump your gonna need for those rpms is gonna cost more than that...

then you have the cost of this "ecm" cost of that wont be cheap....

so you have a $hit tun of money in all this and it will be like anyother high performance VPs on the market now, not reliable.

if you read the first couple pages of these threads, the guys who had big hopes for this when it was brought up in 2010, have LEARNED and gone to a p-pump.

im sure its very possible to be done, but there are better things out for way less money

it is:bang quad 4k box been out for like a year and a half. get that play with your apps, and hard wire your lift pump to the battery. should be able to get 4200rpms. max i have hit is 4260

redline box is also avalable and will do 4k

next problem, im running the pumps rotor dry with 7x12s you guys are wanting 5 or 6k good luck with that.

so you say they can build better pump, ya but that will have a cost to it. what moster mike charges $3,000 for his pump set up already? so the kinda pump your gonna need for those rpms is gonna cost more than that...

then you have the cost of this "ecm" cost of that wont be cheap....

If your draining the So why not go for a bigger vp? Like a Hotrod or something.
so you have a $hit tun of money in all this and it will be like anyother high performance VPs on the market now, not reliable.

if you read the first couple pages of these threads, the guys who had big hopes for this when it was brought up in 2010, have LEARNED and gone to a p-pump.

im sure its very possible to be done, but there are better things out for way less money

I'm not ruling out a ppump in the future but, the "What if" can be done it is an interesting thought. Nothing will ever come of it becuase the companies who do this stuff have moved on to the newer stuff and don't care about the Vp anymore. Though kinda like the ole 7.3 it was left in the dust but now things are being made for it that make it a real contender again.

Last edited:
im sure the electrical part could be done, but for the price not worth it at all. you could have a p pump with all the fuel you ever want and spend less then you would trying to get 5k out of a vp.

and then you go back to how reliable that "extreme" vp will be

im sure the electrical part could be done, but for the price not worth it at all. you could have a p pump with all the fuel you ever want and spend less then you would trying to get 5k out of a vp.

and then you go back to how reliable that "extreme" vp will be

True the extreme would probaly idle like a pro stock gasser or not at all. You say you drain your "So'? I don't think I ever drained mine course I never pulled with it either. Least not yet.

Ya, after a wide open run if i dont tap the throttle a few times it will "air lock" and die. Then you have to roll to a stop and bleed out the injector lines to get it to start.

The higher the pump strech on quadzilla the worse it is.

PITA!, ohwell there is a p pump and all the conversion parts sitting in my shop:rockwoot:

Oh and the new Smarty UDC. Do they make those for a vp truck? I guess they are suppossed to be about like EFI Live for the 3rd gens?

Ya, after a wide open run if i dont tap the throttle a few times it will "air lock" and die. Then you have to roll to a stop and bleed out the injector lines to get it to start.

The higher the pump strech on quadzilla the worse it is.

PITA!, ohwell there is a p pump and all the conversion parts sitting in my shop:rockwoot:

Oh and the new Smarty UDC. Do they make those for a vp truck? I guess they are suppossed to be about like EFI Live for the 3rd gens?

They "Say" efi llive "may" work on a Vp and that Smarty was "Supposed" to have something for the Vp soon. Seems they are busy with the "SSR" right now. Pretty damn nice for the Cr crowd for sure.

I think this is all the tuning you need.

180136_10150135114630850_777585849_7963017_1583865_n.jpg

ya but if they come out with it i dont see how it will help. the programers out now have the vp MAXED out already. they need a vp to be able to run more timming and be able to flow 3x the fuel they can now and be reliable at those power levels

if you want to keep your vp, have it be streetable, and make big power. spray the $hit out of it.

Back