Valve face depth in head.

Randy has done all my machining and did a top notch job for sure. I sent two engines out to him all the way from Indiana and was worth every penny in shipping with savings on machine work. My head alone is a piece of art done by Randy himself. Sending my 6.7 head now for the full treatment again. Good luck Ron Im sure Randy will do you right if it can be fixed.

Are the intakes at least the same per bore? or all all of them different. I got a head like this once when i first started out with engine building myself, ran it anyway and made lots of power, you i dont think will have much to worry about, unless you want to spend more money.
cheaper way if you must would be to re lap the valves, there is plenty of margine, espesially the exhaust valve...

You seem to be overly concerned with my ability to pay for stuff Wade? Price seems to come up alot in your posts concerning me. Do i owe you money?

Just a FYI they respond to email much better since they are always busy in the shop he will call you back just takes a little time. Randy is good for going into details once he know what you want. Good luck hope you can fix it.

You seem to be overly concerned with my ability to pay for stuff Wade? Price seems to come up alot in your posts concerning me. Do i owe you money?

When you pimp yourself out to the cheapest bidder all the time, you must get used to half assing things??

Chris

When you pimp yourself out to the cheapest bidder all the time, you must get used to half assing things??

Chris

I guess I didn't realize i was doing that. Maybe they could post a list of the good shops so i could get my moneys worth.

I guess I didn't realize i was doing that. Maybe they could post a list of the good shops so i could get my moneys worth.

Not you Ron...I meant Wade! Seems like he's always giving advice on products and then trying to offer the "best" price...

Sorry about that mix up....you is good people Ron!

Speaking of which, did you still want me to send that turbo in for you?
Chris

Very sorry Chris. My skin is a little thin lately and the last two or 3 days at the shop have been unpleasant.
I still can't find out any iformation on the turbo. GT4294's seem to be the common rail conversion of the turbo world. Turbo shops say they are great, but when you ask specific questions, they turn into Sargent Schultz from Hogans Heroes.. When they think about the check they go, "Apple Struesel". When you ask them a specific question they go,"I know nothing".

Very sorry Chris. My skin is a little thin lately and the last two or 3 days at the shop have been unpleasant.
I still can't find out any iformation on the turbo. GT4294's seem to be the common rail conversion of the turbo world. Turbo shops say they are great, but when you ask specific questions, they turn into Sargent Schultz from Hogans Heroes.. When they think about the check they go, "Apple Struesel". When you ask them a specific question they go,"I know nothing".

Ron, your good nature is showing. I had issues with a head last year, and was told "it is a racing engine" so many times it got to be a standing joke with friends. Hopefully your situation turns out for you! Sadly you about have to sit back and laugh about it, if you let it get to you it will only make your mad!

I guess that before this goes any further I should say a couple of things.
Greg at ZZFab ported this head himself, but does not do the valve jobs. I have been in contact with him from the start and he is one of the nicest and most helpfull people i have encountered. He also did a beautifull job on the porting of the head. He is helping me get this taken care of, and has even offered to buy the head back from me. I would not have a problem sending him another one to port, especially after seeing how he has handled this. it's just bloody annoying that it happened to me. I'd rather sit back and offer sarcastic remarks(like i usually do). Which leads me to the conclusion that i probably deserve this.

Last edited:
I guess that before this goes any further I should say a couple of things.
Greg at ZZFab ported this head himself, but does not do the valve jobs. I have been in contact with him from the start and he is one of the nicest and most helpfull people i have encountered. He also did a beautifull job on the porting of the head. He is helping me get this taken care of, and has even offered to buy the head back from me. I would not have a problem sending him another one to port, especially after seeing how he has handled this. it's just bloody annoying that it happened to me. I'd rather sit back and offer sarcastic remarks(like i usually do). Which leads me to the conclusion that i probably deserve this.

Your sarcasm is classic, as I said in the end it is just a head. Not only is it time, and it is money. Good that Greg stepped up to help. I see so many times that a shop just tells the customer too bad, or it is what it is, and moves on. I wish I could tell you in the end it is worth it though. Well I guess I could tell ya it is worth it, but I am not sure if it would be truthful to say that.

No, why would you?

i was just trying to lend helpful advise as i've been there before, if you want it perfect thats fine, it's yours to build perfect.

But i was saying that it will haul but as is , i proved that to myself in the past, but however in a race only engine it would not fly out of my shop that way...You have a DD build here, see my point.:Cheer:

No, why would you?

i was just trying to lend helpful advise as i've been there before, if you want it perfect thats fine, it's yours to build perfect.

But i was saying that it will haul but as is , i proved that to myself in the past, but however in a race only engine it would not fly out of my shop that way...You have a DD build here, see my point.:Cheer:

Actually, I don't see your point. i think it's harder to build a performance daily driver than a race truck. My motor has to make more power than your race truck, be streetable, and hold together.

Actually, I don't see your point. i think it's harder to build a performance daily driver than a race truck. My motor has to make more power than your race truck, be streetable, and hold together.

That will never happen!

How so wade? I bet money it will...

Mine has been for years and a hundred thousand miles or so...

Stay out of a really good thread. Carry on Ron....your a great guy.

How so wade? I bet money it will...

Mine has been for years and a hundred thousand miles or so...

Stay out of a really good thread. Carry on Ron....your a great guy.

Look i've allready had what he wants, way back in 2007 and i won almost every time i raced it, BUT the problem is drivability,Smoke, reliability with certain parts and milage. Judging by how he complains about every imperfection he comes across im positive he'll find a problem with his perfect build too.

Daily driver, BIG power 1000+HP(all the time) and reliability for 100K+ ---Read it.......Will never happen!

Read it...

There are a bunch of us doing that allready...my truck has 200k.

Do everything on the same settings...no mystery.

You hit a nerve sometimes Wade...

You have never had:

Opie Phat Ultimate Trans
Flux 5.x
Helix 2
Dual CP3's
625'd origned 20 thou Marine Gasket Ported Head
Opie Bypass
MPI 64/488 Twins
Smarty SSR (or TNTR for that matter)
and a few other crucial mods on a 2event common rail dodge...

Or you would still be enjoying it now.

Last edited: