Vegas race May 5/6...who's in ?

RockinJW said:
I'll be there...that'll definatly be a godd weekend for the boys. Drag racing the diesels and spending the Washingtons at the Gentlemens Club ;-)

Will they let anyone race at DHRA events? I've just got a little 350hp Stroker. Low 15's are my best times thus far
We can do the Spearment Rhino:rockwoot:

I'll have to see what I can get together and slip under the hood... then try to get a "work pass" to go.

Where is everybody staying? on the strip or closer to the track.

Don't know where I will be staying at yet but I know I can get rooms at the Teribble Hurberst for about $50 a night. Its an OK place I just don't know how far it's from the track?

RILES said:
Where is everybody staying? on the strip or closer to the track.

Where is a good place? Wife to be is allowing this to be part of our honeymoon:rockwoot:We are going to the strip also so would it be better to just stay there or is it to far from the track?

woodsrat said:
Where is a good place? Wife to be is allowing this to be part of our honeymoon:rockwoot:We are going to the strip also so would it be better to just stay there or is it to far from the track?

I think is about 1/2 hr from the strip to the strip. If it is part of your honeymoon that is where I would stay :woohoo:

Depending on what end of the strip you are at, it can range from 30 minutes to 15 minutes and lovely Vegas traffic can affect it also.

Is there going to be a desinated meeting place for all of us? And where is everybody staying? We are in vegas every year at this time for supercross. So this works out great for us, 2 events in one weekend..

railguy1 said:
Is there going to be a desinated meeting place for all of us? And where is everybody staying? We are in vegas every year at this time for supercross. So this works out great for us, 2 events in one weekend..
I don't know where eveyone is going to meet but we should all try to get together and have a great time:poke:

LVMS is not too far from the vegas strip. If you get caught in traffic though, it will take a lot longer to get there. If you want to stay on the strip, just remember, you get what you pay for with the hotels. Check out some of the travel sites like vegas.com, expedia, travelworm, etc. and read the ratings on the hotels. That will tell you a lot about if you think your wife and the kids will enjoy their stay. Also, food prices in hotels that are directly on the strip can be a little on the high side. There is a place called South Point that is very nice, the rates are good, and their food prices are good also. It is the farthest hotel out on the strip. Its actually a few miles from the main part of the strip, but that allows for the cheaper prices. We just got back from a vacation out there so that is why I know all of this. We stayed at South Point and if we get a chance, will stay there again.