Very small 12 valve tow twins

Thats another reason I'm flirting with a bigger housing on the 67, and maybe larger turbine. I'd love to do 700 with it in a twin set. It's not 800, but it'd still be cool. But who knows, maybe the 13mm p&b would get me there LOL

Big plungers and a quick-rate cam should help for sure. I talked to a common-rail dude who said he busted 800 on similar sized twins, at like 3000 pulsewidth and 38 deg timing.....I do know that the turbos aren't out of air yet...made 57psi at 540rwhp, then 65psi, then 68psi at 600, so they still have life in em. It's basically just spinning the A5K harder.

Big plungers and a quick-rate cam should help for sure. I talked to a common-rail dude who said he busted 800 on similar sized twins, at like 3000 pulsewidth and 38 deg timing.....I do know that the turbos aren't out of air yet...made 57psi at 540rwhp, then 65psi, then 68psi at 600, so they still have life in em. It's basically just spinning the A5K harder.

I was debating the cam for towing until I knew more about its effect on fueling.

38* is a little more than I'll be running LOL

EDIT: Also, I'm looking for a 351cw and piping for s400 now, if anyones selling.

Last edited:
I was debating the cam for towing until I knew more about its effect on fueling.

38* is a little more than I'll be running LOL

EDIT: Also, I'm looking for a 351cw and piping for s400 now, if anyones selling.

I think Crazy Carl sells a twin kit and downpipe for like $1200...cheapest I've heard.

I think Crazy Carl sells a twin kit and downpipe for like $1200...cheapest I've heard.

I'll look again.

My issue is I'm using a straight flange. But for 1200 I think I'll make my own. I was just curious what was out there used.

So I'm still twin retarded here, but it sounds like what you're saying is that the added spool up from a tighter primary isn't worth the lost of top end from a bigger housing? Because I'm still in the air about the t4 or t6 1.1, and trying to find a 1.32.

Correct, I feel that with a moderate sized atmosphere charger like my HT60, the larger housing is better because it allows for faster initial spool-up of the small manifold charger and freer topend flow for more total power.

With the S475, it could be argued that the 1.32 housing is too large for a 600 HP setup and while it still works fine, the truck would spool better in the mid-range 400-550 hp area with a smaller 1.25 housing or similar.

If you wanna go bigger than 1.1, try 1.25 t4. That way you can salvage your exhaust flange and your downpipe won't start out 5+ inches just to get reduced anyways

You could start with a 341, if it's to small a 351 bolts right in place. The wastegate is smaller on them but can be drilled out to 1 inch like the 351. I have a few, might drill one and put a spring gate on it if you are interested?

Last edited:
If you wanna go bigger than 1.1, try 1.25 t4. That way you can salvage your exhaust flange and your downpipe won't start out 5+ inches just to get reduced anyways

Thats what I'm waiting for now. Taylor is like the pope when you're trying to get a hold of him LOL

I did get 2 351's also. One is good, one needs rebuilt. I'll keep that one as as spare, and maybe look into upgrades if there are any worth it. Or throw it on the beetle someday LOL

You could start with a 341, if it's to small a 351 bolts right in place. The wastegate is smaller on them but can be drilled out to 1 inch like the 351. I have a few, might drill one and put a spring gate on it if you are interested?

Already found some 351's, thanks though! I'll hit you up when it comes time for spring gate though.

You would be amazed how quick a he351 over a gt4202 1.15wg is. Tows great with good air flow to support a decent amount of power. just sayin.....

You would be amazed how quick a he351 over a gt4202 1.15wg is. Tows great with good air flow to support a decent amount of power. just sayin.....

Anything with "garrett" on it is outside my budget LOL

Curious though, what are the wheels on a 4202?

Anything with "garrett" on it is outside my budget LOL

Curious though, what are the wheels on a 4202?

The GT4202s can be picked up pretty cheap. I paid $350 for mine I think. It's a GTA style though. They are a 75/102 comp wheel and a 82/75 turbine wheel roughly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
very interested as well, i picked up an hx52 with 22 housing on it earlier this year and haven't made mind up

Correct, I feel that with a moderate sized atmosphere charger like my HT60, the larger housing is better because it allows for faster initial spool-up of the small manifold charger and freer topend flow for more total power.

With the S475, it could be argued that the 1.32 housing is too large for a 600 HP setup and while it still works fine, the truck would spool better in the mid-range 400-550 hp area with a smaller 1.25 housing or similar.

with the hx40 and s475 was a 1.32 housing and spooled super quick. Made around 600rwhp.