Wanted: 8ft bed to fit 2009 Dodge.

I'm working on house plans. Ain't no body time time fer dat!
How far away is the mud racer from Oklahoma that hasn't posted for a while? He did his own carbon fiber.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Well, the saga continues. I've had new ideas lately and yesterday talked dad into doing the fender swap for me. ;)

*'09 mega fenders to the '06 long bed on the truck and patch existing large fender mounting holes
*Cutting and splicing the '09 shortbed fuel door into the new bed where it fits in the fender cutout and the fill necks are back to stock where I can actually pump fuel into it.
*'06 long bed forward mounted fuel door will become...wait for it....a coupler door for my onboard air tank. Open the door and plug in the hose.

I thought it was genius myself. I'm sure the comments will chastise me and my prerogative so have at it. :D

I really like this idea.

The mega fenders are so much better if you actually work out of your truck.

What year tailgates started the little flat spot on top with the plastic cap? 2011-????

Thinking about making dad form the rear corners of the bed for a tailgate upgrade as well.

No, Sir. Hadn't thought about it.

Thank you! Someone's on the same page. :rockwoot:

I'm in full agreement. I mentioned the same thing on RockinRam's thread. I can definitely see it from a functionality standpoint, but I prefer the look of the small fenders as well.

Another advantage to the small fenders is that you'll not need tow mirrors unless actually towing. God knows how hard it is to see around those huge dually fenders otherwise.

What year tailgates started the little flat spot on top with the plastic cap? 2011-????

Thinking about making dad form the rear corners of the bed for a tailgate upgrade as well.

You're referring to the 4th gen tailgate?? 2009 for 1500s, 2010 for HDs.
2019+ tailgate is where its at...

You're referring to the 4th gen tailgate?? 2009 for 1500s, 2010 for HDs.
2019+ tailgate is where its at...

Will the 2019+ tailgates fit an 06 bed as far as the hinges and latches or is it way different? I'm wanting a newer one and just have dad add the body lines at the top corners.

dad has that much talent and ya cant talk him into fabbing a metal spacer for that hood stretch..make it rat roddish

dad has that much talent and ya cant talk him into fabbing a metal spacer for that hood stretch..make it rat roddish

Dad's 82 now. He doesn't have the body strength to wrestle that big shit. We've talked about it...a lot. He used to do fiberglass when I was a kid.

Dad's 82 now. He doesn't have the body strength to wrestle that big shit. We've talked about it...a lot. He used to do fiberglass when I was a kid.
Shit I've got a great idea! If you're not necessarily concerned with cosmetic perfection, how about you have the kids do it, while being supervised by grandpa?! I think that'd be something they'd all treasure the memory of, and have cool reminder to see. It's basically been an "in house" project so far, so why change it up now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Shit I've got a great idea! If you're not necessarily concerned with cosmetic perfection, how about you have the kids do it, while being supervised by grandpa?! I think that'd be something they'd all treasure the memory of, and have cool reminder to see. It's basically been an "in house" project so far, so why change it up now.

Oh yeah, nothing like the smell of fiberglass resin to bring a family together. LOL

If kids and grandpa were in the same place it would be easier. He's an hour north of here. That makes life no as easy.

If kids and grandpa were in the same place it would be easier. He's an hour north of here. That makes life no as easy.

now yer making excuses..you go get him..wife cooks for him..he supervises and yall git r dun...

how hard can it be..cut the hood into qtrs..mount em up..fill in the gaps with some cheap board and cover with glass..comon man

Last edited:
Oh yeah, nothing like the smell of fiberglass resin to bring a family together. LOL

Every time I smell resin it takes me back to when I'd go to camp when I was a kid. We used it in the craft shop.

now yer making excuses..you go get him..wife cooks for him..he supervises and yall git r dun...

how hard can it be..cut the hood into qtrs..mount em up..fill in the gaps with some cheap board and cover with glass..comon man

I think the best solution is to find another hood and use pieces of it to span the 12" gap. Add extra glass on the back for strength and glass the top back smooth. I need a donor hood.

Every time I smell resin it takes me back to when I'd go to camp when I was a kid. We used it in the craft shop.

That, and body putty, are the reason I believe 99% of body guys (shit, I mean people) are strange in the head.