Wanting some opinions

It's not the cam nor injectors.

I dont think so either. Maybe it is just as simple as adding the ice box to improve these protrusion chargers. I just know i need to figure something out so i quit wasting pulls. So i need to get on a dyno but most of them are gonna want to sell me thier stuff. Salenbiens might be a good option since they dont make and sell parts.lol

turbo, go get ya a good hx60 from harts

id like too but i cant afford it right now. I will have to wait and see what this winter brings. That turbo will do me no good without the air to water so i need to get that stuff going first.

Small compressor, not what I consider an ideal compressor cover, with the larger turbine on an S400 frame and 200-300* IAT are why it snuffs @ the big end. Call three different places and you'll get three different answers, just have your credit card ready.

Like I said before, a better cover and even a decent air/water should make it run substantially better.

Turbine is too large for the comrpessor wheel/cover combo. Truck should easily stay on the turbo if you would grow a pair and run 2nd high and gain 10ft on the big end if you dont want to spend money. You could prolly spin a hx60 with a t4 22cm with your current air to air but would need a t6 25cm if you went to a good a2w. Also i wouldnt waste your money on a a2w setup unless your going to get a good quality setup.

Turbine is too large for the comrpessor wheel/cover combo. Truck should easily stay on the turbo if you would grow a pair and run 2nd high and gain 10ft on the big end if you dont want to spend money. You could prolly spin a hx60 with a t4 22cm with your current air to air but would need a t6 25cm if you went to a good a2w. Also i wouldnt waste your money on a a2w setup unless your going to get a good quality setup.

theres a good idea then he will need a tranny and a turbo...

Seems silly doesn't it but I had the same problem as you. Only way to really cure it is to buy a 4500 dollar turbo. Protrusion chargers just lined turbo manufactures pockets. I'm thinking about ditching the crap and just going back to pulling the local pulls with NADM rules with a stepped cover.

here i switched back to my box stock 475sx and here is the video from saturday night pull.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIILyIgbskA&feature=player_detailpage"]Tim Burton Chrisman IL - YouTube[/ame]

We snuffed bad with a 475 and 2.6 cover then put an A/W on it and got intake temp to 90-100 deg and it hasnt snuffed again. Not sayin thats your issue, but could be...

We snuffed bad with a 475 and 2.6 cover then put an A/W on it and got intake temp to 90-100 deg and it hasnt snuffed again. Not sayin thats your issue, but could be...

ive heard that numerous times and am working on it. The cover seems to be where just about everybody thinks i got shafted on. A2W is in the works and so is a solution for the turbo. But for now this lousy 900$ turbo will do the job. LOL

This should be the right one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7EB2Rg_2I&list=UUicJl_tw751Vev5onf9I7GQ&feature=player_detailpage"]Tim Burton Chrisman IL in-cab - YouTube[/ame]

I'm glad to see this thread! I'm set up pretty close to what you have and have nearly the same problems. I get up to 5k on the line and as soon as the clutch grabs it's down to 4300 or so then it will only carry 3800 or so down the track. The only difference is, I dig holes at the end and never snuff out. But the intake side of my charger gets so hot that it's melting my rubber hose that holds my air shutoff onto the turbo. I had my timing at 32,30,28, 24 and all just like you but couldn't tell a difference. My max fuel is 520cc maybe I'll try sliding the plate a little and see what happens. I sure do have to cut the heat a little on the intake side though, not sure what's causing it. It's a scheid lightning 272/66. Hope you get things straightened out!

Who did your 110 housing for your 96/88. I had one from E.D and the weld broke on the exhaust housing where it clamps on to the center section. That caused the air to go around the wheel. And run like crap. Look at the exhaust wheel in side of the housing and see if you have the same gap all the way around the exaust wheel.