Water/meth questions

snowbound

With a water/meth system such as a Snow stage 2 , is it run "on" all the time or just when towing and givn 'er ? Don't tow heavy , but with my ID tow file , if I try to run over 60mph , I'll see 1200+ easy. I have a VGT-ss , tuned ficm, DDP 90's , fass95, Airraid , Banks bonnet and tubes , exhaust , fluidampr , studs and converter. Tunes by ID and DJ.

I have snow's stage II and it is boost activated from a boost controller. There are two stages on the controller. One for start injection and one for full injection. I have mine coming on at like 8psi and full around 20psi.

the stage 3 controller can be set to come on with egt or boost.
If you have a stage 2 kit yhou can get just the controller off of ebay.

How long does a full reservoir last daily driving ?

I have the stage II. And have it set to come on at 13psi and full at 23psi. Snow recommends a 10 psi diffrence. And no lower than 8psi to come on. I have the upgaded 7qt tank that will last me months because I rarely hit 13psi when daily driving. But when I tow my 7k camper I can easly go thru 7qts with in 150-200 miles, but this depends on hills. So I've learned to turn it on before getting to any hills.

Great info , thanks. What are you running for a blend ? I have easy access to winter washer fluid , i've heard it works , but is it recommended ?

Great info , thanks. What are you running for a blend ? I have easy access to winter washer fluid , i've heard it works , but is it recommended ?

Usually during the summer when I tow the camper I blend 30/70 water/meth,which is the average of washer fluid.During the winter or when I know that I won't be taking the camper out for the rest of the season I mix 50/50 water/meth.
Yes you can use washer fluid,washer fluid is 70/30 water/meth, (edited to change error), and that is what most people use, DO NOT USE the de-icer stuff. I buy 5 gallons of methanol from the local speed shop and mix my own. If you mix your own use distilled water from the food store. City water and well water contain minerals and chemicals that can clog the injectors of the water/meth system, DO NOT use more than 50% methanol.
If your looking to just help lower the egt's then you can run straight distilled water.

Last edited by a moderator:
do not use the winter washer fluid. Just run the cheap blue stuff...this is all that i run all the time.

You have it backwards.

That high a methanol ratio will cause detonation.

OOOPPSS!! Yes I do! Good save!:clap:
For any one who reads this thier is a typo: Washer fluid, a.k.a, water/meth is 70% distilled water and 30% methanol.

Explain cheap blue stuff ? In Canada , blue stuff IS winter , pink is summer , or oil ,which is no fun to get off your windshield !

If you buy the stuff from WalMart, just buy the -35*C stuff. Canadian Tire also has some -35*C stuff. Just don't get anything lower then -40*C, as it contains too much methanol, and will cause a bunch of problems.

I bought a stage 3 system with the 7 gallon jug. Never installed it yet. (Cold enough outside right now...)
I bought it for the simple reason of added cooling when pulling my holiday trailer, and the mileage gains.
I may not even need it with twins, but who knows...

Theres a stage 2 on Ebay , another part that was purchased with good intentions and never used. Just need to pay for a bunch of other stuff first. Haven't even driven the truck since early December , but had to order new tires. 325/60r18 cepeks to replace the x-terrains I dislike so much ! Still need to fix a tranny leak , do the rear crossover line and build traction bars , but running cooler with more power sounds good to me. Saw the stage 2 advertised in Edmonton for $498 canadian.

Thats not too bad of a price...who makes it, what boost pressure is it good for? (Some only go to 35 psi.)
What size of pump, nozzles, etc.

Just look into it a little bit before dropping the cash.

Both the Ebay one and Edmonton one are Snow stage 2. Both are diesel specific. If JB's can offer it for that I'm sure Mopac would do better.

There is no such thing as a "stage".

Why not call up Snow Performance and tell them they are full of Chit then?

THAT's what THEY call their kits, so that's what we call their kits.

And really....if I have 2 different solenoids that energize at different times, to different sized nozzles, it's not a different "Stage"? What is it then?