What can you do in under 8 seconds?

Congrats Darren! That truck has come a long ways since the shakedown passes at Indy last year. Does anyone have video of the run posted yet?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

No nitrous have never used any on this truck. we do have water because we don't run a intercooler to keep egt's under control just like the schied dragster. Nitrous is an addiction that needs to go away this is a quote by dan schied in diesel power magazine.

I can't wait to see your truck lined up against the Banks truck! Smoke vs. Smokeless! #2 vs. Nitrous! East vs. West! Tastes Great vs. Less Filling!

I have one of them on vid. I think it was like an 8.2? or something. His first pass of the day. I think the 7.99 was his second. Im trying to get them up right now.

I saw no smoke during that pass....

IMG_1729_21.jpg

IMG_1733_31.jpg

While far from the smokiest passes I have seen, there seems to be a bit of a haze showing ;) At least more than Gale would tolerate.

What trans is Darren running, anyway?

Looks like I wont get them up til tomorrow. I have to take off for a while.

IMG_1729_21.jpg

IMG_1733_31.jpg

While far from the smokiest passes I have seen, there seems to be a bit of a haze showing ;) At least more than Gale would tolerate.

What trans is Darren running, anyway?

i run a chrysler 47rh with suncoast parts and there manual valve body bulit by suncoast's very own ernie with trans brake but i built the tranny myself. ron at suncoast has been working with me to find a stall for the converter that would work i think we are very close.

Nice numbers Darren! Glad to hear you are getting the bugs worked through and making head way!

Congrats. What were the incrementals on the run Darren? I'd love to see a timeslip when time allows.

Congrats. What were the incrementals on the run Darren? I'd love to see a timeslip when time allows.

As would I, curious what kind of 1/8th mile that is. Even more impressive that your not using nitrous, wow, i was refering to the first pic. where the smoke was real white[ish] grey, but i suppose you were really pouring the water to it. Very nice motor only pass! My little water system dont even think about greying the smoke OR cooling a damn thing either for that matter. Again great job!

Congrats! :rockwoot:

I can do a few things in under 8 seconds, but that would be in another forum :hehe:

There is a video in the thread pics and vids from commerce in this forum this is the only video I know of 2tone12v has one with the burnout but hasn't posted it yet

No nitrous have never used any on this truck. we do have water because we don't run a intercooler to keep egt's under control just like the schied dragster. Nitrous is an addiction that needs to go away this is a quote by dan schied in diesel power magazine.

Congrats on the 7.xx run...

It's just starting to get exciting and you have to go and say something like that. I'm still not sure why nitrous has such a bad name in drag racing. People have been racing with it for years. The rules are open so why not use what you can to win. Inject crack if you like. The "#2 only" guys use 100+ pounds of boost to force as much oxygen rich air in the cylinder as possible. The other method is to use 30+ pounds of boost and nitrous for more oxygen. Both engines can make well over 1000hp. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Neither one is wrong and neither one should go away as you say.

Just my 2 cents, I haven't posted or annoyed anyone for a while...

Congrats on the killer pass! :Cheer:

I hope you can spank the Banks truck, what is their fastest time anyways?