What can you do in under 8 seconds?

Congrats on the killer pass! :Cheer:

I hope you can spank the Banks truck, what is their fastest time anyways?

The best time in testing 7.72, @ 179.xx mph

But their NADM record is 8.06 @ 162.66 mph

I am really looking forward to heads up racing with Darren , Banks, Dr.P and others.

Congrats on the 7.xx run...

It's just starting to get exciting and you have to go and say something like that. I'm still not sure why nitrous has such a bad name in drag racing. People have been racing with it for years. The rules are open so why not use what you can to win. Inject crack if you like. The "#2 only" guys use 100+ pounds of boost to force as much oxygen rich air in the cylinder as possible. The other method is to use 30+ pounds of boost and nitrous for more oxygen. Both engines can make well over 1000hp. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Neither one is wrong and neither one should go away as you say.

Just my 2 cents, I haven't posted or annoyed anyone for a while...

now diesel fan i know you are one of the banks team and i like all of you guys but you know the answer to this. this debate is probably as old as drag racing itself. you are not stupid and i'm sure you are somewhat of a chemist you know the chemical makeup of nitrous oxide as good as i do and for you to compare the two as the same suggest either your not as smart as i thought you were or your bored looking for an argument. but there really is no argument nitrous is an easier and cheaper way to produce hp versus fuel only. now we are not comparing apples to apples you know better. the comparison of 100psi of boost is equal to 30psi and nitorus is what i call a "swag" or sugessted wild ass guess and a wild comparably even for a person of your caliber. for you to make such a comment requires i make a statement.
when you compress air to the tune of 100psi or better you make intense heat which deteriorates the quality of the air and the effective oxygen level to burn fuel on the other hand when you spary cold oxygenated nitrous in the air stream with a much lower boost that doesn't super heat the air you have more and better air full of oxygen to burn fuel and more of it in the combustion cycle. so strap a bottle in it and run some lines and hocus pocus you make hp. match a set of turbos with a set of injectors and the correct injection timing and a host of other tuning issues to produce hp is a lot harder, all you have to do is spray more nitrous and a little more fueland walla you go faster.
makiing hp with nitrous is like skinning a cat after he is dead, making hp with fuel only is like skinning a bear while he is still alive. now i'm not stupid i have alot of friends that spray nitrous for hp and thats fine spray the hell out of it but don't compare them as if they are one in the same, you know better. NHRA outlawed it and made a seperate intity called IHRA.

now diesel fan i know you are one of the banks team and i like all of you guys but you know the answer to this. this debate is probably as old as drag racing itself. you are not stupid and i'm sure you are somewhat of a chemist you know the chemical makeup of nitrous oxide as good as i do and for you to compare the two as the same suggest either your not as smart as i thought you were or your bored looking for an argument. but there really is no argument nitrous is an easier and cheaper way to produce hp versus fuel only. now we are not comparing apples to apples you know better. the comparison of 100psi of boost is equal to 30psi and nitorus is what i call a "swag" or sugessted wild ass guess and a wild comparably even for a person of your caliber. for you to make such a comment requires i make a statement.
when you compress air to the tune of 100psi or better you make intense heat which deteriorates the quality of the air and the effective oxygen level to burn fuel on the other hand when you spary cold oxygenated nitrous in the air stream with a much lower boost that doesn't super heat the air you have more and better air full of oxygen to burn fuel and more of it in the combustion cycle. so strap a bottle in it and run some lines and hocus pocus you make hp. match a set of turbos with a set of injectors and the correct injection timing and a host of other tuning issues to produce hp is a lot harder, all you have to do is spray more nitrous and a little more fueland walla you go faster.
makiing hp with nitrous is like skinning a cat after he is dead, making hp with fuel only is like skinning a bear while he is still alive. now i'm not stupid i have alot of friends that spray nitrous for hp and thats fine spray the hell out of it but don't compare them as if they are one in the same, you know better. NHRA outlawed it and made a seperate intity called IHRA.

You are right, I am very aware of the differences. Still does not make one technique wrong or right. I could argue the advantages/disadvantages of both sides, but I’m not.

So running without nitrous is like skinning a bear alive. Huh? Therefore, this is some kind of manly thing to do. To prove you don’t pee sitting down. It is the 21st century; you do not need to prove you are an “Alfa Male” anymore. The last I checked, the first one to the finish line wins. Nitrous or bear skinned, it doesn’t matter.

Everyone thinks what they do is best. No arrogance there…

By the way, if you use nitrous, it's still fuel only. Nitrous is not a fuel, it's an oxidant.

You are right, I am very aware of the differences. Still does not make one technique wrong or right. I could argue the advantages/disadvantages of both sides, but I’m not.

So running without nitrous is like skinning a bear alive. Huh? Therefore, this is some kind of manly thing to do. To prove you don’t pee sitting down. It is the 21st century; you do not need to prove you are an “Alfa Male” anymore. The last I checked, the first one to the finish line wins. Nitrous or bear skinned, it doesn’t matter.

By the way, if you use nitrous, it's still fuel only. Nitrous is not a fuel, it's an oxidant.

Didn't say I was against it or that fuel only is better or worse or what I am doing is the best. You made a comparison as if they were the same. Tell ya what let's make an all fuel pass on the bank's ride without a bottle in the truck and you will understand. Nitrous is not a fuel I never said it was niether is water and air but oxygen is one of the key igredients to burn all fuels so saturting air with nitrous is a substitution for air that is not available or that can be forced in the engine via turbos or blower.so in effect you are spraying in combustibilty of the fuel.

LOL, your sitting here comparing a fuel only truck to a nitrous injected truck and your trying to call quarterman out. Are you kidding????

I mean really your sitting here saying that he doesnt need to prove that he is the "alfa male" you right he doesnt his truck hauls ass. To me it seems that he doesnt need to prove anything, he already has. Everyone knows that its easy to make a car haul a$$ with nitrous. Give the man credit where credit is due, plain and simple. If not, shut up and dont post.

LOL, your sitting here comparing a fuel only truck to a nitrous injected truck and your trying to call quarterman out. Are you kidding????

I mean really your sitting here saying that he doesnt need to prove that he is the "alfa male" you right he doesnt his truck hauls ass. To me it seems that he doesnt need to prove anything, he already has. Everyone knows that its easy to make a car haul a$$ with nitrous. Give the man credit where credit is due, plain and simple. If not, shut up and dont post.

Do you have a clue what truck dieselfan12 crews on ?

Do you have a clue what truck dieselfan12 crews on ?

yeah I know exactly what crew hes on, not sure how that has anything to do with my post though.

All I said was give quarterman credit for making his truck haul a$$ with no nitrous. Is that wrong to say?

I could care less if it was the president, I would tell him the same. Give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
Darren you always seem to bring some interesting threads to the forums haha! :poke:

So for arguements sake....what's the real difference between nitrous and no nitrous ?
They're both fuel only runs.....we all know nitrous isn't fuel.
So one man does it with nitrous and 2 small turbos and the other does it with just 2 large turbos.
At the end of the day....what's the difference? Where does the "fuel only" arguement come from ?

I'd love to see someone that thinks setting up a nitrous system on something as powerful as Darren's truck or the Banks truck or anything else similar give it a shot. It ain't as simple as bolting on a kit and making hits.

So for arguements sake....what's the real difference between nitrous and no nitrous ?
They're both fuel only runs.....we all know nitrous isn't fuel.im not really pickin up what your putting down.
So one man does it with nitrous and 2 small turbos and the other does it with just 2 large turbos.
At the end of the day....what's the difference? Where does the "fuel only" arguement come from ?

I'd love to see someone that thinks setting up a nitrous system on something as powerful as Darren's truck or the Banks truck or anything else similar give it a shot. It ain't as simple as bolting on a kit and making hits.

I agree with the fact that its not that easy to make a motor handle nitrous, especially a large amount of it. I've run nitrous with a few cars and I've also had a few pistons come through the hood. So i definately understand the diffaculties in making a motor handle nitrous injection.

The whole point of my argument is not who's truck has nitrous or not, Im saying to dieselfan12, give quarterman credit instead of trying to bash the guy. I dont know either of them, I read the posts and saw the response by dieselfan and though it was retarted. The thread was started to say "good job" to quarterman for cracking the 7 second barrier with no nitrous. Not to start a bunch of BS drama about whos truck is faster and is nitrous easier to make power.

Now on a side note and for arguements sake.....?

I personally think (and im sure most would agree) that its much easier to make power with a nitrous injected engine even with the diffaculties invloved. Wouldnt you agree?

Sorry one more side note....Unbroken your truck is pretty slick man.

Darren you always seem to bring some interesting threads to the forums haha! :poke:

Well I am the one who posted this thread. Of all the pictures taken at the Atlanta show that my photographer took these were my favorite. I am new here and didn't know it would ruffle so many feathers like it has. For that I give Darren my apologies.

However, the run was outstanding and deserves a :rockwoot:

Diane

Well I am the one who posted this thread. Of all the pictures taken at the Atlanta show that my photographer took these were my favorite. I am new here and didn't know it would ruffle so many feathers like it has. For that I give Darren my apologies.

However, the run was outstanding and deserves a :rockwoot:

Diane

Diane, this is about par for the course round here, this thread has only taken a slight detour and not the full out "Left turn for left field" that seems to be normal :bang

Besides, there has not been one single death, azz whoopin, or butt kicking threatened, pretty civil I think! LOL LOL

Diane, this is about par for the course round here, this thread has only taken a slight detour and not the full out "Left turn for left field" that seems to be normal :bang

Besides, there has not been one single death, azz whoopin, or butt kicking threatened, pretty civil I think! LOL LOL

Ok, thanks.

Carry on then....LOL

yeah I know exactly what crew hes on, not sure how that has anything to do with my post though.

All I said was give quarterman credit for making his truck haul a$$ with no nitrous. Is that wrong to say?

I could care less if it was the president, I would tell him the same. Give credit where credit is due.

First off dezlsac, learn to read. I said congrats to quarterman on his run. It is very impressive and not an easy accomplishment. I took offense to the nitrous should go away comment. I think that is wrong, yet easy to say when you do not use it. If nitrous is so easy to make power then try it. I love all the Monday night diesel experts on here. Just like to talk, yet few can walk. I've seen more talent with some of the low dollar rigs than some of the million dollar ones, so don't say it's just lack of money.

By the way, I no longer work for Banks. I took a job in the OEM world to continue the development of clean diesel performance. I still support Banks, especially their efforts to show you can run fast and you can run clean. You smoke boys are going to have an up hill battle in the very near future. Times are changing. Good luck to everyone involved in the sport.

well im gonna start hear, if you go back through the thread and read quartermans post you will see that his statement about nitrous going away was actually a quote out of a magazine.

I agree with the fact that its not that easy to make a motor handle nitrous, especially a large amount of it. I've run nitrous with a few cars and I've also had a few pistons come through the hood. So i definately understand the diffaculties in making a motor handle nitrous injection.

Apparently you are illiterate aswell. You should try reading the post before you blurt things out.

First off dezlsac,This is a pretty cute joke, or we can just blame it on you being illiterate again. learn to read. I said congrats to quarterman on his run. It is very impressive and not an easy accomplishment. I took offense to the nitrous should go away comment. I think that is wrong, yet easy to say when you do not use it. If nitrous is so easy to make power then try it. I love all the Monday night diesel experts on here. Just like to talk, yet few can walk. I've seen more talent with some of the low dollar rigs than some of the million dollar ones, so don't say it's just lack of money.

By the way, I no longer work for Banks. I took a job in the OEM world to continue the development of clean diesel performance. I still support Banks, especially their efforts to show you can run fast and you can run clean. You smoke boys are going to have an up hill battle in the very near future. Times are changing. Good luck to everyone involved in the sport.

Lastly, why would the smokey guys have an up hill battle? Or are you referring to a smokey daily driver?