what causes bounce

I'm gonna try more pressure. The traction bars are set at zero preload & they are 2" DOM [1/2"] wall.

I bet if you put a lift gauge of sort on them they still flex, that why i am not a fan and will only use a true ladder bar. Single bars still allow axle wrap.

I bet if you put a lift gauge of sort on them they still flex, that why i am not a fan and will only use a true ladder bar. Single bars still allow axle wrap.

In all honesty, I believe it is because of my rear springs [6 leafs for towing heavy] combined with low tire pressure. At 1" suspension travel, my springs are loaded to the point they become "springy".

Once the suspension stops hit the axle the springs are not a factor in up and down movement only forward and backwards until the bounce lifts the stop back off the axle.

Once the suspension stops hit the axle the springs are not a factor in up and down movement only forward and backwards until the bounce lifts the stop back off the axle.

HMMM. Good point. You run BFG A/T don't you?

Yea, when i ran a single i ran 285's at 43psi with 1200 pounds on the nose. Duals still 285 at 35psi in each with 2200 on the nose

Yea, when i ran a single i ran 285's at 43psi with 1200 pounds on the nose. Duals still 285 at 35psi in each with 2200 on the nose

I have no weights, but I'm thinking the 50psi [33"] is allowing the tire to bite hard. I'm gonna try 60-70psi.

are 2wd more prone to bouncing...also i put all the weight at the very back of the box it was around 1000lbs

I have no weights, but I'm thinking the 50psi [33"] is allowing the tire to bite hard. I'm gonna try 60-70psi.

We used to run 35 with no weights on the front of our street trucks with 305AT's as a single

are 2wd more prone to bouncing...also i put all the weight at the very back of the box it was around 1000lbs

2wd are a totally unknown setup to me i would think they would be less with the weight all piled on the tailgate,but im not sure

Everyone else is telling me to add air. You saying that you think I need less in the rear?

Well we ran 22 inch hitch height, but a flat tire cant bounce. I would go down before going up with pressure. Its your call you know your truck better then i do but i have never had good runs on high tire pressure. i would start at 40psi and see if it still bounces.

So DISTURBED how many times did you watch the video of the sled polvolting your truck before you figured out waht the problem was??? LOL LOL Sorry! But that was by far the coolest picture i had ever seen!