what kind of power do you guys think Im making

DMcpherson

COAL SLAYER
dying to go dyno, what would you guess on my setup?
24v, 200's. adrenaline, he351 over s465. straight pipe to 5"stack.

I would have to say around 525 or so. I dont think that setup has ever been on a dyno.

I made 484 with a hx35/40 over 68mm s400 and 150HP nozzles, but my injection pump was taking a crap (died two weeks later). I would guess between 500-550HP... It all depends how your truck responds to the adrenaline and how well your twins are tuned in.

Lavon

Also, what tranny is your truck? If it's a NV5600 and you have the HO pump then you should switch to a SO pump. The SO pump allows for fueling to 600hp.

How much air can that S465 push? I imagine in twin turbo configuration, it will be out of air right at 600 HP. In my opinion, those two turbos are too closely matched and you would make more HP with S475 on the bottom.

You can see my number, 499 with HE351, Jammer 5's, and Adrenaline.

trucks an auto so I have a so pump. The s465 is rated for 90 lb/min if I remember correctly. We were really going for a nice clean quick street set picking the turbos. But I think they should support 600
I may go to a 250+ stick bit I hear anything over that you really need a pump?

trucks an auto so I have a so pump. The s465 is rated for 90 lb/min if I remember correctly. We were really going for a nice clean quick street set picking the turbos. But I think they should support 600
I may go to a 250+ stick bit I hear anything over that you really need a pump?

I find it difficult to believe that a 65mm inducer can flow 90 lbs per minute when the S475 75mm inducer can only flow 96-98 lbs per minute.

I suppose the S465 could have steeper blade pitch and same size extended tip exducer and get close to 90 lbs per minute.

Your primary turbo is roughly the same size as the BD Towing Twins Primary. They max out right at 600 hp with a lot of fuel so I'd guess you'd have a difficult time hitting 600.

500-550 would be my best guess for your setup. Go dyno and then we won't have to guess any more.

as soon as I can it will be on the dyno. lookup airflow on the sticky here on turbo flows. I could see how it wouldbe hard to believe if the inducer on the compressor was the only thing that affected air flow.
P1020311.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

if these guys are making 4-500 on a he351 I cant see how it would be so hard to make 600 on this set.

you should be making atleast 550-575 hp. i made 505 hp with drag comp, 150 sticks and a little 62/65/14.

how does it feel driving?

as soon as I can it will be on the dyno. lookup airflow on the sticky here on turbo flows. I could see how it wouldbe hard to believe if the inducer on the compressor was the only thing that affected air flow.
P1020311.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

if these guys are making 4-500 on a he351 I cant see how it would be so hard to make 600 on this set.

When you add the restriction of a second turbo charger, your primary turbo charger loses some efficiency and produces lower airflow than it can when used as a single turbo.

An S465 used as a single turbo is going to be right at the edge of it's airflow at 600 hp. Like i stated earlier, just my opinion, the S465 is too close in size to the HE351. You'd end up with nearly identical flow using a HY35, and you'd get even faster spoolup.

Don't get me wrong, thats a sweet looking twin setup and I bet it runs great on the street. In fact, that's the same setup I want to build, I would just run a S475 for the bottom turbo but everything else identical.

I hear ya. Im ont really looking for a daily driven 600. I want a nice clean set, but i would like to break 6 on the dyno even if its not real clean

oh and Ill tell ya, if your thinking of something similar, they are amazing on the street. SUPER fast.

dude, i just started an hy35/s366 twin set up. Middletown is like 20 min from me id love to check yours out.

give me a call 203-441-2053

Ryan

well we should have a dyno day hopefully coming up pretty soon. so well actually find out.
Ryan, Im unemployed at the moment. if you want to check it out just hit me up 860-759-0227. Im pretty much around all the time
Dan