what power combo makes for the fastest 3rd gen

Wade,once again you are talking out the wrong hole.Do you have any idea what drive pressure is,have you seen what the artic airs produce?Any one that sells turbos will you tell something is wrong with anothers product,thats their job to sell products.Yes you havea good running truck,but its not the fastest,the silver truck from relentless ran in the 10's last year(it has artic airs).Youre right you do get what you pay for,with the artic airs you get a quality set that produce good useable power,last I heard you have 1600+ egt's,is that something someone wants to pay for?

RCCX said:
Wade,once again you are talking out the wrong hole.Do you have any idea what drive pressure is,have you seen what the artic airs produce?Any one that sells turbos will you tell something is wrong with anothers product,thats their job to sell products.Yes you havea good running truck,but its not the fastest,the silver truck from relentless ran in the 10's last year(it has artic airs).Youre right you do get what you pay for,with the artic airs you get a quality set that produce good useable power,last I heard you have 1600+ egt's,is that something someone wants to pay for?
RC, it's obvious that i know what drive pressures are, and i know you do to considering your compressor housing blew off at bowling green due to high drive pressures. there is a application for all turbo's , the artictwins are great for drivability, only because they are small, basically (2) stock turbos, and im saying that there good for the dyno or a daily driver, but when put on the track the truth comes out. period

now about relentless truck it sure did'nt impress any one in bowling green, what did it run? 12's. i too had a poorly running truck in KY, but i ran it anyway. i think i have put down more 11 sec passes in the last month than any one from down there has done in the last year, now let's compare apples to apples.
relentless truck 5-6000lbs
my truck 7400lbs---------put my motor in that truck and i would blow the doors off of that thing, there is no comparison there.
now for the record, my truck is the fastest 305 hp motor in the country and one of the fastest 4x4's, im not bragging im makeing you aware of this so we dont have to go on and on about irrelevant things.
EGT's well i know im a little overfueled for my SB , and egt's are hot, but RC this is a 1/4 mile--- who cares, if we were towing it would be very important, but thats not the case. i think that for a single 66 turbo we are doing very well, accually Bruce block has the exact same turbo as i do, and look what were doing with them. all im saying is that you and relentless should go back to the drawing boards and just aim at makeing a bigger set of twins with less DP, if you dont things will keep blowing up. this is just my oppinion, not a stab at you or relentless.

all im saying is that you and relentless should go back to the drawing boards and just aim at makeing a bigger set of twins with less DP, if you dont things will keep blowing up.

And the next sentence......
this is just my oppinion, not a stab at you or relentless.

Sometimes I wonder why I even get up in the morning:bang

First thing...how is an HT3B "basically" a stock turbo??

And Second...what does drive pressure have to do with blowing the compressor housing off an Super 40?? People with Holset top charger have been fighting this even since they started building twins sets. Big deal...stuff happens. Try and fix it better next time!

Regardless of what anyone making more power than me says, Relentless Twins can and do make power. And whatever excessive drive pressure they might make, they more than make up for it on the intake side...otherwise I'd think you'd see HG failure after HG failure with them, especially spraying!

But then again, I don't make much HP, and don't go too fast, so what do I know??
Chris

Signature600 said:
First thing...how is an HT3B "basically" a stock turbo??

And Second...what does drive pressure have to do with blowing the compressor housing off an Super 40?? People with Holset top charger have been fighting this even since they started building twins sets. Big deal...stuff happens. Try and fix it better next time!

Regardless of what anyone making more power than me says, Relentless Twins can and do make power. And whatever excessive drive pressure they might make, they more than make up for it on the intake side...otherwise I'd think you'd see HG failure after HG failure with them, especially spraying!

But then again, I don't make much HP, and don't go too fast, so what do I know??
Chris
one size up from stock is a basic ht3b, and drive psi is only excessive when your slamming a lot of fuel in the motor, creating drive psi, i would say around 700 hp they are way too high.

high drive psi leads to an overspun compressor side--which leads to only hot air and engine damaging cylinder psi or a blow turbo

Wade, bathe in the limelight while you can,even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.For now you have a faster timeslip than I do,I have congratulated you on it on a few occasions.I should have stayed at your power level and ran 11's like I did last year.But I decided to raise the bar and take my truck to a new hp level and I have had major carnage since.The silver truck wasnt runnig poorly it had problems with hitting a wall after a duramax oiled the track,while we dialing it in.For the record the silver truck regardless of weight is a 305 motor(since that matters now) and is still faster than you.In the future please refrain from slamming someones product when you dont have a clue about it.Its already been stated but the artic airs are one stock turbo and a bht3b(is this a stock turbo?) One more thing,how does drive pressure blow off a compressor housing?Well let me explain my failure Mr. wizard,everyone with some turbo knowlege knows the retention rings on hx40's have problems,I in a hurry didnt seat mine right and I had a problem,so hears your sign.:eek:wned:

DIESEL POWER said:
one size up from stock is a basic ht3b, and drive psi is only excessive when your slamming a lot of fuel in the motor, creating drive psi, i would say around 700 hp they are way too high.

high drive psi leads to an overspun compressor side--which leads to only hot air and engine damaging cylinder psi or a blow turbo

One size up from stock would be an HX40 on a 305 engine...same size compressor, but bigger turbine side. Bigger than that you have HX50's and HX55's, then you get to the HT3b's, which should be in the 70-73mm size (yes there are other sizes available, but I highly doubt RC is using one). A bit larger than stock...and larger than your Silver Bullett, BTW!

High boost is way more likely to blow a compressor side off than DP...but since either one actually could, and you are arguing that the drive pressure is high, naturally you will say that's what caused it, and we will say otherwise. At least we can agree to disagree on that!

RC...any idea where the boost was when she let go? Ever measured drive pressure on that setup?

Chris

Oh, and BTW Wade...I've run enough chargers on my old 12v to know which turbo is what size. Maybe you should call up II and get a lesson!

RCCX said:
Wade, bathe in the limelight while you can,even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.For now you have a faster timeslip than I do,I have congratulated you on it on a few occasions.I should have stayed at your power level and ran 11's like I did last year.But I decided to raise the bar and take my truck to a new hp level and I have had major carnage since.The silver truck wasnt runnig poorly it had problems with hitting a wall after a duramax oiled the track,while we dialing it in.For the record the silver truck regardless of weight is a 305 motor(since that matters now) and is still faster than you.In the future please refrain from slamming someones product when you dont have a clue about it.Its already been stated but the artic airs are one stock turbo and a bht3b(is this a stock turbo?) One more thing,how does drive pressure blow off a compressor housing?Well let me explain my failure Mr. wizard,everyone with some turbo knowlege knows the retention rings on hx40's have problems,I in a hurry didnt seat mine right and I had a problem,so hears your sign.:eek:wned:

i also congratulated you on your dyno #'s and yes thats a new level that i dont plan on pursuing, i like 1/4 mileing, not dynoing. and yes because im 1400+ pounds heavier than relentless im slower,but no matter how you look at it mine makes more power to the track. but that too will soon be over im building a "real" race truck as we speak. but as for the stock turbo--how much air can a stock turbo flow and for how long? you keep running what you have and i will run what i have, but i still think it's a dangerous addition to your engine along with many of the "top" turbo companies, but hey we all just might be jealous of the turbo sales your getting.................:hehe:
HP is only true HP when you can put it to the track--now here is YOUR sign:eek:wned:

Signature600 said:
One size up from stock would be an HX40 on a 305 engine...same size compressor, but bigger turbine side. Bigger than that you have HX50's and HX55's, then you get to the HT3b's, which should be in the 70-73mm size (yes there are other sizes available, but I highly doubt RC is using one). A bit larger than stock...and larger than your Silver Bullett, BTW!

High boost is way more likely to blow a compressor side off than DP...but since either one actually could, and you are arguing that the drive pressure is high, naturally you will say that's what caused it, and we will say otherwise. At least we can agree to disagree on that!

RC...any idea where the boost was when she let go? Ever measured drive pressure on that setup?

Chris

Oh, and BTW Wade...I've run enough chargers on my old 12v to know which turbo is what size. Maybe you should call up II and get a lesson!
your right i was confused for some reason i was thinking stock turbo, stock turbo but thats not the case. my issue is the top charger which is stock. and like you said there are many ways to blow up a charger..........

To answer sig600-I was running 55lbs. of boost.

As for you Wade, again you are mis informed,I do not run the stock turbo up top anymore.I have a super 40.I know these old dinosaur holsets are confusing with all these new "better technology" turbos,but thats what it is.
I know you like running at the track Wade,I have heard you have problems finding a dyno,I guess they dont have any out east.I dont discredit what your truck has done at all,but please dont be stupid enough to think that my truck wont put power down the track,I have had some setbacks,but who hasnt.I am a competitive person so if your so sure about what you have put up some money,I will match it,we can meet halfway between us and settle it or you can show up at the dhra Houston event,I will be there.

RCCX said:

As for you Wade, again you are mis informed,I do not run the stock turbo up top anymore.I have a super 40.I know these old dinosaur holsets are confusing with all these new "better technology" turbos,but thats what it is.
I know you like running at the track Wade,I have heard you have problems finding a dyno,I guess they dont have any out east.I dont discredit what your truck has done at all,but please dont be stupid enough to think that my truck wont put power down the track,I have had some setbacks,but who hasnt.I am a competitive person so if your so sure about what you have put up some money,I will match it,we can meet halfway between us and settle it or you can show up at the dhra Houston event,I will be there.
your right i was misinformed, on there site last i looked it was a stocker in the kit or to be used in the combo. your going to a hx 40 was a much better move, as for dyno's yea im scared of them, and have done all my tuneing by the sound, or at the track--thats it. im pursuing 10's in the next few weeks, so unless your going to change everything around just to race me, i would stick to dynoing and setting records doing just that.

Wow Wade you are truly the king of common rails,maybe you should change your user name to King Common Rail.I am very happy with my current record,which record do you hold?Your not the fastest,not the most horsepower,so what is it you accomplished?You have a good running truck and youre even better at running down other peoples parts that you have no clue about.So I will contact Guinness(the record book people) and see if they have a record for the most uninformed person in diesel performance.

Wade...in BG what was your best 1/8 mile time and mph
I'm curious about something......

RCCX said:

Wow...is that peak boost, or just what it was when it blew off??

I know you won't need big boost to make big power on a CR with the spray, but even at 800-ish on #2 (don't remember the exact number) I would think it would be more than 55psi!

If not, ROCK ON!!! That's moving some air!:rockwoot:

Chris