What timing to run at the strip?

ya im at sea level.

If you are only seeing 1400 peak egts either get rid of that plate (what i'd do) or move it way farther forward. Like I said you have pleanty more left in that setup. Some guys have gone really fast on that charger you just need to pour the fuel to get the better times!

i had full cuts and plate half way back and i had 60 psi and about 1700 to 1800 egts. ran a 13.3 at 103.

I 2nd what nick said 18* degrees is what I run and its pretty good, I haven't gone higher yet, but 18* is and thats was with Ii dragon flows which were a 5x.016 rated at 175hp over stock which is pretty big, and now im back on stock injectors for a little while.

Regardless of spray pattern and such, if you drop the timing it will run slower...I would bet anyway. Thats pretty impressive though.

it hazed with 191's. and with 20° i ran a 13.5 at 97. it had terrible top end.

With 20*, a non benched 215 pump, 145 degree injectors, same delivery valves, I went 12.07 at 110 and change. I had a bigger s468 and my truck was only around 6250lbs or so but limited by my 4.10 gears and 31.6" tires. Do you have extremely large heavy tires, a huge payload, or something else holding you back?

Brett has gotten bottom twelves with a heavier truck then mine with 3.54 gears with the same charger so I don't think air is your problem.

haha na not weighed down. tailgate was off. stock tires. only thing i can think of is a i have steel rims. but dont think thats it.

UM.....NO they aret even close to 370s. But you are right
theres a ton of people running them and making awesome power....

As far as the timing is concerned. As I said before with what you have I would go no more than 20. You will not only move the spray pattern but your peak power will move and on the track you dont want that. You will be happy with 17-18 MAX!

12 Valve guru's inside please! - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Check it out. You may understand that they are $900+ 370's.

I never said they are crappy but you gotta know what you are paying for. People just need to be informed especially when someone says they are far from 370's.

370's i made 352. ddp4's i made 456. so theres a bit of a difference i think.

Did you even read the link I posted? DDPs are just marine injectors, EDMd, Extrude honed and pop pressure set to 300bar.

Quote from Weston talking about DDP 4's

"Ditch the 370's, delivery valves won't cause a runaway."

How much more proof do you need?

Did you even read the link I posted? DDPs are just marine injectors, EDMd, Extrude honed and pop pressure set to 300bar.

Quote from Weston talking about DDP 4's

"Ditch the 370's, delivery valves won't cause a runaway."

How much more proof do you need?

A lot more than that! I just pop tested some DDP 3's. They are NOT set to 300 bar from DDP.

The subject about weston, or sdx or whoever vs ddp is getting run down and old. Like stated here, or the other ten threads that recently showed up theres alot of fast trucks running ddps of some sort and I bet not all have marine pistons in them. When I ran ddp4s for a few years, a full year of dragracing over 22* there were no indications it was outside the bowl when I took the head off. But hey thats just my truck. Alot of people are happy with sdx, same with ddp, twins or single, its all up to that persons wants and needs thats how I see it. There is no right or wrong.

Back