What timing to run at the strip?

A lot more than that! I just pop tested some DDP 3's. They are NOT set to 300 bar from DDP.

I just copied and pasted that from the other post. I know they are said to be 250 bar. I have not argued for SDX, or Westons, DDP or F1 injectors in this thread. I am just saying people are paying way too much for DDP4. or glorified 370's whatever you want to call them.

This **** is getting old. Every truck responds different than others with the same parts. If it works for a certain people then great. Eventully it will all go BOOM! Its just a matter of when. Nothing is perfect or bullet proof.

true. But to me, the annoyance of this thread started when someone said DDP injectors were "crappy" and when the buyer installed them, the truck idled bad/ran rough made no power. And again stated they were a crappy injector. Again, I will say theres probably another problem!

ya im tired of putting up any thread and people see ddp's and go oh you need different injecters there junk.

I'm more interested in seeing whitehoopty's truck run great and learning from what the issue holding him back is. Given results posted by others with that turbo his truck should be going faster by quite a bit.

Why don't we get this thread back on track?

White, what rpm and boost are you launching at? What stall speed do you run? When you locking 2nd? Do you have any video of your pass(es)?

The fact that you said you went slower with more fuel suggests to me maybe it was killing the turbo/putting out the fire. Have you played with the afc at all?

The more detail the better.

I know someone who just dyno tested his DDP4's vs SDX injectors. Same day, same dyno, injector swap only. Interesting results. I hope he shares his info with everybody.

It's too subjective, regardless of whom made what. I fully explained this to Brett in my last PM, but I received no response. I hear DDP is making a wise move on their part, so I commend them. I have seen people lose hp going from a 145° VCO to a 155° micro-blind, and the same vice versa. You however should be able to find out what nozzle is used on what you are buying, but when the designation DLLA 155 P570 is attempted to be removed, who are they fooling? I'm pretty sure Cole's truck runs quite well without DDP injectors.

i leave with around 22 lbs of boost. i run a stock stall and i am locking converter in 2nd. i have a couple videos of the runs with full cuts but there mostly at night. ill see if i can get some videos. i think next week were gonna build some traction bars to help me get off the line. im pulling mid 1.7 60 fts. but my mph isnt were it should be either.

Did you buy the pump used or did you receive it directly from CDS? What gov springs are in it, 4k, 5k?

The reason I ask is that I have had first hand experience with gov springs that were too loose and they caused the truck to run like crap. It would still smoke like crazy and the egt's were there, just not the power.

Also from the last time you were at the track were it ran 12.8, it looked really clean in the video, from there I would be adding fuel by sliding the plate and not change anything else and see what happens.

i had the work done by cds. it has 5k gov springs. i called them after the first time at the track and they said govs springs are where they should be. they told me to try 32° timing. but since then have 191's in it with the plate full forward. with 25°. i didnt get a video yet since ive been in the 12's.

It's too subjective, regardless of whom made what. I fully explained this to Brett in my last PM, but I received no response. I hear DDP is making a wise move on their part, so I commend them. I have seen people lose hp going from a 145° VCO to a 155° micro-blind, and the same vice versa. You however should be able to find out what nozzle is used on what you are buying, but when the designation DLLA 155 P570 is attempted to be removed, who are they fooling? I'm pretty sure Cole's truck runs quite well without DDP injectors.

It does run quite well without them. Plus I think it has more left in it yet.

I see you have Hammilton's cam. What springs? What kind of boost you seeing?

Given what you've tried i'm leaning toward valve float or something along those lines. Your mph is definitely not where it should be.

hamilton springs retainers pushrods. with the full cuts i was peggin my 60lb gauge. now im seeing 50 to 55. i think were gonna try a click on gov springs.

sounds like your in the right range (timing) all motors are different. Best suggestion would be to test and tune

hamilton springs retainers pushrods. with the full cuts i was peggin my 60lb gauge. now im seeing 50 to 55. i think were gonna try a click on gov springs.

Yeah I would definitely not think valve train is your problem then unless something went funny with the install which i'm assuming isn't the case here. Hopefully a few more clicks will help. If not I don't know do what CDS says with timing.

Back