Whats faster on just tune and basics

Thomas7.3psd

with your basics I.E. Intake,Exhaust, and Tune only what truck is faster in the 1/4 mile...lets go with year 05+/- year models(thats what i could afford),

whats faster, the 6.0, 5.9 or 6.6. Not trying to start a war just want some info. thx

with your basics I.E. Intake,Exhaust, and Tune only what truck is faster in the 1/4 mile...lets go with year 05+/- year models(thats what i could afford),

whats faster, the 6.0, 5.9 or 6.6. Not trying to start a war just want some info. thx

Who cares??:what:

becouse im thinking of looking for another truck but i want something fast on just tune..i dont want to deal with building engines and whatnot i just want to load and go but still have something with balls..thx

becouse im thinking of looking for another truck but i want something fast on just tune..i dont want to deal with building engines and whatnot i just want to load and go but still have something with balls..thx

Then you shouldn't be racing:bang

gonna most likely be a duramax because they are lighter... to get full potential of a tune-only dmax with supporting mods (exhaust, tierod sleeves, lift pump, etc.), the trans is gonna have to be built.

If the new 6.4 Fords are probably right there with them though as they make some of the most HP for tune-only #2 only trucks. They are too heavy to be take advantage of it though and therefore aren't as fast. My understanding is they trans. doesn't have to be built (for a while) on a tune-only 6.4 Ford.

I don't know of anything but a stock dmax going 12.1s-12.2s on tune only and #2 only. The normal or avg. fast time for a dmax is somewhere between 12.5-12.75 in the 1/4mi. with your occassionaly outlier going faster and some going slower with similar setups.

I think the Dodge is too heavy like the Ford AND they don't have the air to do it with tune only. I'm not totally sure on the air part but believe that to be the case. They need a charger (and transmission built) at least to do it.

Maybe I'm wrong?

man my spelling/grammar reads like a foreigner typed it... I've GOT to proof read better before posting. LOL

i would have to agree with smokeshow. I have seen some fast duramaxs with intake exhaust and tuner, but it all going to depend on what tuner and the driver. My friend has a duramax with these three mods, its an 07-08 though, with the ppe, and i beat him with the same mods. So it is hard to say which is faster with these mods, but i know for a fact that the 6.0 fords aren't as fast as dodges and chevys. The 6.4 is a different store, they are the fastest "to me" with those three mods.

if its a dyno queen i'd say 6.4 for sure with just simple mods (simple mods to me means intake, exhaust, tuner, and maybe nitrous)... in a drag though its between dmax and 6.4

03 Dodge Ram HPCR, HE351, Tune only 8.28@85 in the 1/8...... Stock Exhaust, Intake...
Dockboy has very good points!

03 Dodge Ram HPCR, HE351, Tune only 8.28@85 in the 1/8...... Stock Exhaust, Intake...
Dockboy has very good points!

my bone stock 6.4 CC/SB intake/exhaust/tuner 8.03 @ 84 (look at my avatar) dp mag called it the king of the bolt-ons and top 10 diesel of 2009.

and smokeshow is right, except the reg cab 6.4's are going 12.0-12.2 on just a tune. they weighh about as much as the cc/sb dmax.... weight is a mofo in the ford, but power is not an issue.

With the mods you describe I think it would be the 6.4, Dmax's need tranny help to go much above 100 hp tune from stock. The stock Dodge tranny is even worse, they eat shafts when the low end torque starts to build. Some of these guys are doing so really cool things with stock engines, most except the 6.4 have to have a tranny fix.

Get a reg cab 6.4L there won't be a tune only truck out there that could touch you with a 10' pole :rockwoot:

6.4 hands down just sold a duramax with around 13K worth of work done to it. My 6.4 is as fast as it was (excluding nitrous on the DMAX) with $2000 worth of bolt ons and stock tranny. Plus it weights 800lbs more.

I'd say a 6.4L Ford, but I'm sure it's up for debate. The reason I say the 6.4L is, it makes sick power and the stock parts hold up. I've tuned some fast 6.6L trucks with the bolt on's, it's just tough to keep the trans happy for long in stock form.

I run a 12.3 in my reg. cab 08 6.4L Fuel and 11.7 on spray. Only mods are intake, IDP Xtreme Race, and exhaust. The reg. cab Ford is still a heavy truck. Probably similar weight to much larger GM or Dodge trucks.

I personally think it's great that the Ford guys now have something to crow about. They have been the fat kid getting bullied around for a long time. All the brands can be made to run quick, some take more work than others. Shawn (redneck 6.0L) got his fat 6.0 crewcab to 10.6 and 131 in Phoenix.