Whats faster on just tune and basics

6.0&6.4 are solid trucks with just a tune. With the right tuning on either truck you looking at 12-14 second truck. 6.0 ccsb 4x4 will do low 14sec passes. A lb reg cab or excab sb 4x4 will do mid to low 13's. Some have run 12's with spray. 6.4 ccsb 4x4 will be low 13. Reg cab lb will be in the 12's. All with stock tranny. You can't do that in a dodge or a chevy for very long. Anyone calling the 6.0 a crappy engine should look at the 6.2 or the 6.5 chevy diesels.

Yes but the 6.0 and 6.4 are really not to be discussed in comparison truthfully there is not one category the 6.0 surpassed the 6.4 in any shape or form. Okay wait they have hella turbo whistle and the exhaust don't sound like a blown nitrous injected hair dryer :bang Minus those two small downfalls the 6.4 is the meanest truck on the right tuner intake and exhaust period.

DMAX will need tranny upgrades to get in the 550-600hp plus area where the 6.4 is..... So short answer the 6.4 will be on top..... Until the 6.7 comes out that is.
I was talking about the post before mine about the 6.7
Ford & GM have new/revised trannys so we will see

I thought 94-98 were 12 valves? What chip was it?

Hows that have a chip on it? 94 to 98.5 were 12 vavles

It was a MAX Chip, for the Chinese made 12v's.

IMG_0209.JPG

On the 6.0 talk Eric made over 800hp on the stock bottom end I think if the 6.0 had the 6.4 injection system it could see big numbers on stock parts.

If they werent still so new, I would have a 6.4. Ford got that one right for sure. Maybe in a few years when the prices come down.

I say 6.4 as well. I've seen lots of them spartan tuned and they make tons of power and very reliable.