Whats faster on just tune and basics

havnt read all the posts BUT, my 08 qc 4x4 6.7 cummins with 4.10s and 33s runs 13.2 @ 104. ALSO WITH A STOCK AIR BOX , STOCK LIFT PUMP, AND STOCK DOWNPIPE.

I'd say most were/are... there are some built ones making some power

Its ok, I'll let you be wrong. LOL Show me any other engine and TRANNY combo out there that in 03 could make 430+ on a tune and stock tranny and drive around a hundred thousand miles. Like I said the 6.0 was not the best engine ever built, but 99% of the 6.0 problems had to do with them being the first to become emissions compliant. Most of the problems were EGR cooler or EGR related.

I have enjoyed owning mine from day one. Best truck I have ever owned.

havnt read all the posts BUT, my 08 qc 4x4 6.7 cummins with 4.10s and 33s runs 13.2 @ 104. ALSO WITH A STOCK AIR BOX , STOCK LIFT PUMP, AND STOCK DOWNPIPE.

Not a bad time at all considering. No way was it a stock tranny unless it was trashed after (or shortly after) that pass. That is what kills me with the 6.4. I am at around 560hp on my stock tranny and it feels like it likes it. Time will tell how long it last but others say they take it well until you decide to add nitrous.

i ran a 13.14 with a 62/71/14, smarty revo, lift pump, boost fooler, hts trans, 3.73 and 35's and nothing else i was at 7460lbs with my toolbox and all. i got a little more done now and could easily cut about 500 lbs or more.

If that new ford 6.7l really puts out 390hp and 738ft lbs. stock they should be the fastest with a tune by a long run, no matter the weight.

Its ok, I'll let you be wrong. LOL Show me any other engine and TRANNY combo out there that in 03 could make 430+ on a tune and stock tranny and drive around a hundred thousand miles. Like I said the 6.0 was not the best engine ever built, but 99% of the 6.0 problems had to do with them being the first to become emissions compliant. Most of the problems were EGR cooler or EGR related.

fair enough... I was just never one to stop at 400rwhp, and getting a tranny built is much cheaper/easier than having a bottom end built

I also like being able to start my truck when it's cold outside :p

94-98 Dodge, I ran a 12.8 at 107mph w/ just a chip.

But Id say a 6.4 would be hard to beat especially since you can launch them hard without breaking stuff, stock vs. stock.

Wow it's sure a change to see so many people picking the 6.4. It wasn't long ago that they were being taunted for the flamethrower vid, etc.

Good healthy competition.

If that new ford 6.7l really puts out 390hp and 738ft lbs. stock they should be the fastest with a tune by a long run, no matter the weight.

The new Dmax has 397hp & 765ft lbs so we will see in a year with some tuning whos faster

The new Dmax has 397hp & 765ft lbs so we will see in a year with some tuning whos faster

DMAX will need tranny upgrades to get in the 550-600hp plus area where the 6.4 is..... So short answer the 6.4 will be on top..... Until the 6.7 comes out that is.

I agree about the trans, but I know a bunch of 03's that had issues with head gaskets when only running a programmer. I guess it all depends where you want to put your money. Built trans or EGR delete and replace the head gaskets.

Just my .02

Paul

I agree about the trans, but I know a bunch of 03's that had issues with head gaskets when only running a programmer. I guess it all depends where you want to put your money. Built trans or EGR delete and replace the head gaskets.

Just my .02

Paul

I have an 03, ran 75000 miles all but 4000 tuned, and on kill, and I had stock gaskets and bolts. When I put in the injectors, I did studs......the gaskets showed no signs of beginning to leak. My egr is still in the truck, along with the cooler. I spent .25 on a plug and another 1.00 worth of welding rod, and had an EGR delete. So I have $1.25 in EGR delete. Like I have said, the 6.0 will not go down in history as the best platform ever, but whether you guys like it or not, it was/is not a bad motor, and now its hitting 4 digit HP numbers.

fair enough... I was just never one to stop at 400rwhp, and getting a tranny built is much cheaper/easier than having a bottom end built

I also like being able to start my truck when it's cold outside :p

And you don't have to touch the bottom end on the 6.0l until WAY above the 400hp level.

IMO 5K+ for a tranny is more than a large VGT, 190 injectors and spray.

94-98 Dodge, I ran a 12.8 at 107mph w/ just a chip.

But Id say a 6.4 would be hard to beat especially since you can launch them hard without breaking stuff, stock vs. stock.

Hows that have a chip on it? 94 to 98.5 were 12 vavles

You 12 valve guys, I have a buddy at Frito Lay that can hook you up.

I have an 03, ran 75000 miles all but 4000 tuned, and on kill, and I had stock gaskets and bolts. When I put in the injectors, I did studs......the gaskets showed no signs of beginning to leak. My egr is still in the truck, along with the cooler. I spent .25 on a plug and another 1.00 worth of welding rod, and had an EGR delete. So I have $1.25 in EGR delete. Like I have said, the 6.0 will not go down in history as the best platform ever, but whether you guys like it or not, it was/is not a bad motor, and now its hitting 4 digit HP numbers.

I agree!
My 03 just turned 98K and has NEVER seen a dealership(Thanks Eric).
The 6.0 is far from a turd considering what some have run with nothing but injectors and a boat load of nitrous on a BONE STOCK trans:tree:.

6.0&6.4 are solid trucks with just a tune. With the right tuning on either truck you looking at 12-14 second truck. 6.0 ccsb 4x4 will do low 14sec passes. A lb reg cab or excab sb 4x4 will do mid to low 13's. Some have run 12's with spray. 6.4 ccsb 4x4 will be low 13. Reg cab lb will be in the 12's. All with stock tranny. You can't do that in a dodge or a chevy for very long. Anyone calling the 6.0 a crappy engine should look at the 6.2 or the 6.5 chevy diesels.