Where have they been?

Neither of those trucks have headers like Troys. Josh Oconners truck has a stock motor in it.... Good comparison! Why dont you man up and tell Troy you think he was running n20. I gaurantee he will whoop you on the pulling track, then tell you to put your money where your mouth is and he will tear his down at the end of the track... if you find n20 he will give you the truck, if not, you give him yours.... Seen him tell that Richardson guy, (drove the outlaw pulling truck) at sdx last year. If you think hes turning some crazy rpms... then you need to just not worry about duramaxes cause your clueless.

Rob im not gonna argue with you over the internet but just be damn sure you know what your talking about before sticking up for someone.

I think whathas thrown you off is they will run nitrous if it's legal. They don't hide that. Where it's not they don't. So I think since you know they have it they use it always. That's not the case. Troy and Josh are open to people looking over the truck. Everyone I know has came up empty handed. Guess the only thing left is for the guys that can't beat him to put up or shut up and protest the truck. I mean everyone KNOWS so you have nothing to lose right? What would hurt worse if you found nothing. The persons pride or wallet? LOL

Last edited:
And if it's nitrous and rpms making it sound like that. This industry is WAAAAYY behind Troy and Josh in dmax technology. Cause that truck has sounded like that for 4-5 years now. Can't tell me nobody else has ran nitrous on a dmax for 5 years or developed programs to keep up with there old technology.

Don't mean to turn this into a best sounding dmax thread but Wade Wrights truck sounds the best IMO

Rob, is exactly right I own Smokin Diesel Perf. and I helped Troy build that truck and the only reason it sounded different at the end of last year is the Hood stack that it has in it now..... Troy has never built any other trucks and Rob is also correct on the style of headers Troys has, no one has them, and all the other trucks that I have done have had different headers,turbos, and hood stacks..... My ole 263,000 mile shop truck that has full 5" exhaust has a long way to go before it can be compared..... the truck has always turned 4000-4200 down track.....It has had nitrous 1 time TS. 3 or 4 years ago when it was legal, I drove with it on the truck in the 3.0 class in the mud pit, and it just blew the tires off worse, so we shut it off in the 2.8 class, and has been disabled since.... So bring on the the protests we like the extra money.....*nx*

So bring on the the protests we like the extra money....

That's always been my motto. I told everyone it would be a great opportunity to get some new tires which would just make the truck go even further. Of course this was back when $500 would buy you two tires...

Never got protested. Dammit!

All this finger pointing and accusations of cheaters and I rarely ever see any protesting :poke: :nos: :Cheer:.

-Michael

Last time I talked to Calvin I thought he was gonna pop a vein referring to said shop.

Said shop just finished up an engine for a puller I do work for, took them 3 years to get it done....worst part was I recommended them.