• ORP

Votes: 68 66.0%
  • Muncie

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Gonna hit both

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters

MegaCabRam

Well dont know about everybody else but id really just like to get the bad taste out of my mouth that this weekend has left, so before i just give up on these big events i wanna try at least one more, even though everyone i have been to has just got worse year after year...

Iv read and read but where is everybody really gonna be, im tryin to decide where to book the rooms, so Muncie or back to ORP like last year, dont wanna show up at one and everybody be somewhere else, ORP was still fun last year even with all the cops, i can do witout all the burnouts and hell raisin i just like settin around in the hotel parking lots meetin new people and talkin trucks

My fiance's parents are an hour from each from event so I dont know which one to go to yet. /Subscribing.

The vast majority of the pullers and fans will be at Thunder in Muncie, no question.

Gene what do you think about the all the 3.0 level trucks that are going to be forced in with the mod trucks?

I would guess they are figuring there isn't enough "true" 3.0 trucks(that will travel) to warrant a separate class.

I think that TS this weekend proved that wrong with 25ish 3.0 trucks that the crowd loved compared to the 8 mod trucks.

Muncie is june 5-6 with orp being the same weekend plainfield/o'rielly raceway park

I would watch the weather. If you get the rain unless Gaston has changed, it will be about a repeat of TS. Also I don't think Muncie can handle a huge fan base just like TS. You can't put on a national level pull with the large turnout at a small county fair. You pretty much need asphalt parking lots and grandstands. I respect the guys going back to Muncie for memory lane, but think the even has outgrown the facility.

I am now in the air about this to. I finally found out my return to the states day and will be up for either. I would like to go to Muncie but after sitting 13,000 miles away and reading about the mud/fan problems this past weekend its looking more and more like I will be going to Indy. I don't havetimeto go buy a trailer to haul me anywhere so I will pick the closest one to me which is Indy. Still about 3 hours drive though.
After seeing some of the old pics posted from Muncie years back venue size does look like a real concern.

I would watch the weather. If you get the rain unless Gaston has changed, it will be about a repeat of TS. Also I don't think Muncie can handle a huge fan base just like TS. You can't put on a national level pull with the large turnout at a small county fair. You pretty much need asphalt parking lots and grandstands. I respect the guys going back to Muncie for memory lane, but think the even has outgrown the facility.

Indy parking is also in the grass, and if it rains, the pulling track is finished, been there done that. Muncie you can cut it down, and go again.

Muncie can handle 5-6000, crowded, yes, but it will fit. However, there won't be a huge fan base like TS with two events an hour apart.

Indy parking is also in the grass, and if it rains, the pulling track is finished, been there done that. Muncie you can cut it down, and go again.

Muncie can handle 5-6000, crowded, yes, but it will fit. However, there won't be a huge fan base like TS with two events an hour apart.

Do the trucks and trailers park in the grass?

All the trucks and traliers park on pavement. show n shine and spectator parking is on grass.

the main thing at Indy is the sled is not Lowrys or one even close to there caliper of a seld, and the pulling track is artificial, and if rain comes, or if hot out its not worth a crap

Well yes, that is a benefit, after it is canceled for rain, the vehicles in the pits can get out without getting stuck.:hehe:

If you want to race, go to Indy Saturday, then come race at Muncie on Sunday. Its a twofer for racers, they can't lose.

If you want a good track and pull, come to Muncie Saturday. This is from a guy who has pulled on both tracks, and worked both tracks. I know the crew that is working the dirt at Muncie, it will be A-1.

Come to think of it, has the Indy show even located dirt to build a track yet?

All the thieves and imature people cannot go to Muncie.
You will be caught and punished.
If you were at TS and did this crap you are low.
you are ruining the fun/family events.

Back