who needs a good laugh?

Johnboy, what did your oil pan report?

Gene I got the lower pan off it looks fine. No shavings, no chunks no grit, just oil. The oil looked good and so did the filter. As best I can see everything looks good. I need to pull the engine to look further. I am really thinking the crank is broke.

FWIW I have done work for the Bowling's and talked a good deal with them. I think there good guys with some good running trucks. I have nothing against them. The fact that they went and talked to Jon afterward shows they have class.[/QUOTE]

John you made the bushing for me so I could run at Scheid's last year. I've never met you but I was tickled you got me the bushing as quick as you did and it worked perfect. Maybe sometime we might meet up. Sorry to hear about the truck hope you get it fixed.
Mason

John Schwartzentruber, MarkBroviak, glad it was only an axle. Probably been running on that one a while too, huh?

Looking at the bright side, you've got one less weak link in your pursuit of a bulletproof machine.

Better luck next time. Looking forward to seeing you out there again running HARD.[/QUOTE]

Original axle shafts from 2003 and having sled pulled since truck was new! I am impressed considering the abuse and power going through them. Better luck next time.

Gene I got the lower pan off it looks fine. No shavings, no chunks no grit, just oil. The oil looked good and so did the filter. As best I can see everything looks good. I need to pull the engine to look further. I am really thinking the crank is broke.

Wow. Possible Broken Crank. :eek:

NOT good. :(

Good luck. I hope you are wrong and it's something simple like sheared off TC or flywheel bolts...

I'll be the odd ball... I like seeing things break! I've broken more than my share of parts and win or lose it's been fun for me. Remember, if it breaks, you didn't build it strong enough in the first place! Then once it's fixed, I quote my grandpa and say "better than new! 'cause when it was new, it broke."

Yea, I guess this is what happens when office workers infiltrate a sport that was started by farmers and construction workers- we turn into girly men that need to have group hugs when bad things happen!!!:bang:bang:bang:poke:

I think what should be more surprising is a Chevy FINALLY broke an axle!!!

Yea, I guess this is what happens when office workers infiltrate a sport that was started by farmers and construction workers- we turn into girly men that need to have group hugs when bad things happen!!!:bang:bang:bang:poke:

Same axle the Dodge that won uses AAM 11.5".

No office worker here.

:clap::clap:exactly, but I never get a hug when I break.

I work engine field service, about as far from an office as you can get.:shake:

Not to suprised Jon broke an axle, there was 1 more that broke in a GM also.

I don't think anybody needs a hug. We all now we are gonna break and expect it to happen, but we don't need somebody rubbing it in when it does happen. It's called sportsmanship.

I don't think anybody needs a hug. We all now we are gonna break and expect it to happen, but we don't need somebody rubbing it in when it does happen. It's called sportsmanship.
:clap:

I'll be the odd ball... I like seeing things break! I've broken more than my share of parts and win or lose it's been fun for me. Remember, if it breaks, you didn't build it strong enough in the first place! Then once it's fixed, I quote my grandpa and say "better than new! 'cause when it was new, it broke."

I will have to side with you on this one. I laugh when i break my chit, I laugh harder when someone else does. If it wasn't for the carnage and improving on things motorsports would be pretty damb boring and stale.

What? You want some cheese for your Whine?

Christ, it's a competition. If it would have been a Dodge breaking, that would have been funny to a whole different group of people.
As long as no one gets hurt, it's only money... (And maybe a little pride)

I can't remember how many times I have been one of just a couple of Dodge boys surrounded by a bunch of GM or Ford fans that go nuts laughing and carrying on when a Cummins powered truck breaks. I laugh when any truck breaks but it's not laughing as in "ha ha, you broke, ha ha your trucks sucks" It's not anything like that.

You guys need to take the politically correct tissues out of the pulling truck, and enjoy yourselves more,win or break.

:hehe: Good one Gene!!!! :hehe:

Most of you guys need to lighten up!!!:bang

I have broken more $hit than most of you can dream of!! It always tends to bother other people more than me also which is hilarious!! :hehe:

I have been the butt of many a joke (and mostly from the Dmax guys!!), and it's all fun to me anyway because the ones that bark the loudest, are the ones that don't do anything!!!:kick:

Johnboy, Iw as implying that the Chevy FINALLY made enough power to break an axle, not that the axle was weak.

My self, I'm long on broken parts, short on hugs. Don't worry men.. the cheers make up for the jeers, and the jeers only matter if you acknowledge them.

I think Jeremy Straley summed it up the best as his motor just overrevved from a broken drivetrain:

" It just turned 7000+??, cool, huh?"

Hi Greg!

Yea, these guys are lucky, I was heckled at a W VA pull for getting under a HX-35- No hugs, I just backed up and hit it again.

I guess I should have stopped and screamed "You guys quit pickin on me!!":poke:

Well, I'm not going to laugh at anyone breaking. I cringe when I see cluthes smoking and throwing sparks; when an ifs truck of any brand starts to toe in; when a truck takes a while to come out of a bounce. I hate to see it because I understand how much most things cost when they break, but I also realize most everyone knows what they are getting in to when they hook.

Signed, Shep. Former tobacco farmer, former drywall finisher, current employee of a steel factory.

tho a win is a win. i would rather win with #2 at my heels then having him DNF or loose do to mechanical failure.

IMo the crowd would be alot louder if he won by a foot then what actually happened

bob had as much to do with that guy winning as i did donating the sperm for my kids...

DOUCHE BAG! thats low...

tho a win is a win. i would rather win with #2 at my heels then having him DNF or loose do to mechanical failure.

IMo the crowd would be alot louder if he won by a foot then what actually happened

Good point. I pulled at Waynesburg last year & beat a guy by 6". I kinda felt bad though because he loaned me his hitch for the pulls. The worst part was that I got 3rd place & the pot payout ended with me. It did kinda feel better knowing that it was that close.:kick:

Johnboy, Iw as implying that the Chevy FINALLY made enough power to break an axle, not that the axle was weak.

My self, I'm long on broken parts, short on hugs. Don't worry men.. the cheers make up for the jeers, and the jeers only matter if you acknowledge them.

I think Jeremy Straley summed it up the best as his motor just overrevved from a broken drivetrain:

" It just turned 7000+??, cool, huh?"

Gene I follow you now.

I honestly am not that strung out over my engine. Yeah it sucks but I took the risk I can live with it. I feel worse for Jon then I do me. Ask the guys at the pull or call Cooper. I was not and still not all bent out of shape about my engine. I am far more jacked that I did not get it down the track. I would have much rather blown up past 300'

I want to win. Just like everyone else. A win is a win no matter what, but I and I am sure the most others would rather not win because someone else broke. But we take what we get.