Who says you can't tow with a 6x.018 injector? lol

If you can see snow falling you don't need to tell people its cold. Its implied LOL And those haze worse than my truck when it cranks at 23* in the morning.

I hear ya. PrickLOL atleast these stop hazing when it gets warm

My 12 valve truck with Marine 4 x .013's and a gallon of waste tranny fluid mixed in the tank hazes a touch more than that when my truck first starts up on a 32-40* morning. When the truck is warm, zero haze.

I guess what I am saying is that haze does not look bad at all for the size of the injector.

My 12 valve truck with Marine 4 x .013's and a gallon of waste tranny fluid mixed in the tank hazes a touch more than that when my truck first starts up on a 32-40* morning. When the truck is warm, zero haze.

I guess what I am saying is that haze does not look bad at all for the size of the injector.

Tyler just likes to be hard on me. ---- him!LOL

This is not a 5 hole standard injector having 62 degrees spray angle.
The one you uses must have 71,5 or 73 degrees because there are no 62 degree Nozzles with 6 holes.
The 2003 trucks had 72 degrees 2004/5 use 62 degrees.
Is your truck 2004-2007 or a 2003 year.
Its interesting me because I am also planing to use a different nozzle with 7 holes Qhyd 700 equal to 40% more flow than standard in my 2004/5 truck.
My concern is the different spray angle, not to melt down the pistons of my truck.

I think you are confusing the later CR nozzles/angles with the earlier mechanical 24v nozzles as are being discussed here. There are a few options as far as the cone angle on the mechanical sac type nozzle, also varying dependent to the manufacturer, 148° - 155° - 160°. The 7-hole nozzle you are describing would appear to be the QSB Marine micro-blind nozzle, if so it uses the 143° cone angle, and they have been used successfully in both 5.9L CR engines.

No I am meaning only CR nozzles, reason is I used and sold Injectors from a very reputable company with good results on performance but got some issues.
We examined a set of those special built injectors.
Conclusion was shocking, on one injector only 4 holes of 5 were machined.

I will add some pictures hoping they show up

The upper hole is round shaped aka left original only the other 4 EDM eroded
f:/DM6.jpg

Sprayangel up to 2,5degrees off
[IMG]f:/sl3w.jpg

Not one hole was what you would call round.
due the different holes it is a miracle the piston was not molten.
In the future I try using unmodified Bosch parts like the Cummins Pegasus (Qhyd 1000) with sprayangle 72,5° -->100% more volume 6 sprayholes
What I believe is that some of the molten pistons are coming from bad machined nozzles.
I will try it first with the original 2004-7 pistons knowing to have the wrong sprayangle but having an excellent spraypattern and plenty of volume.
We must test first if a sac type nozzle works on a standard injector who uses the micro-blind nozzles. But if it is possible there is a great range of nozzles we can use.

Now here are my pictures

Attachments

• DM6.jpg
    DM6.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 0
  • SL3W.jpg
    SL3W.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
No I am meaning only CR nozzles, reason is I used and sold Injectors from a very reputable company with good results on performance but got some issues.
We examined a set of those special built injectors.
Conclusion was shocking, on one injector only 4 holes of 5 were machined.

I will add some pictures hoping they show up

The upper hole is round shaped aka left original only the other 4 EDM eroded
f:/DM6.jpg

Sprayangel up to 2,5degrees off
[IMG]f:/sl3w.jpg

Not one hole was what you would call round.
due the different holes it is a miracle the piston was not molten.
In the future I try using unmodified Bosch parts like the Cummins Pegasus (Qhyd 1000) with sprayangle 72,5° -->100% more volume 6 sprayholes
What I believe is that some of the molten pistons are coming from bad machined nozzles.
I will try it first with the original 2004-7 pistons knowing to have the wrong sprayangle but having an excellent spraypattern and plenty of volume.
We must test first if a sac type nozzle works on a standard injector who uses the micro-blind nozzles. But if it is possible there is a great range of nozzles we can use.

I think you might want to start your own thread. This one is about injectors for 98.5-02 24-valves.

$.02

I personally would listen to anything smokem has to say about injectors if he says it thats the way it goes lol...

Back