Whos the King?

You can fit a 3116, 3126 and c7 too

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

3208 will fit, barely. As I said a guy here had one back in the early 80's in a ford one ton. The 555 cummins were gutless wonders. I ran a 25 ton truck crane with one. It weighed around 58,000 down the road and 60 was top end. If you hit a hill you might as well grab 3 or 4 gears at a time.

This was made to be simple... general... basic applications.... increased torque is increased torque... same with hp... the only difference is what you apply to the motor, ease of application and how long it will last

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

want simple? don't reinvent the wheel and just put a 12v with a 5 speed in it... I mean I like several other motors but when you need something simple, what's easier then only having to but a couple wires to it to run? And with simple pump mods you'll have enough power..... just my .02

I was going to say, if we are just throwing any med/hvy diesel engine in the ring, the Scania DC 16 at 740hp is pretty high on my list.

I see your Scania DC 16 and raise you the Mack E9. We used to run these twin turbo'd on log trucks back in the day and there wasn't anything on the road that could touch them.

bulldog1.jpg

Always' wanted to make it down and watch this truck make a run but could never manage it. Think they're calling it a 5800HP.....might be a bit exaggerated but considering its 1000 cubes its within the realm.

So the there's no good V8 argument....that buddy brought up, yeah that's moot.

Here, have a Deutz!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDk4RpxVDW8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDk4RpxVDW8[/ame]

I see your Scania DC 16 and raise you the Mack E9. We used to run these twin turbo'd on log trucks back in the day and there wasn't anything on the road that could touch them.

bulldog1.jpg

Always' wanted to make it down and watch this truck make a run but could never manage it. Think they're calling it a 5800HP.....might be a bit exaggerated but considering its 1000 cubes its within the realm.

So the there's no good V8 argument....that buddy brought up, yeah that's moot.

I'll give you a dollar to lick that header.

If you're going to limit it to 3/4 pickups, the 3208 is out and the only Detroit's are the 6.2 and 6.5 so the 5.9 is the clear winner. Simple

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

If you can fit an N14 Cummins in a Ford F150, I don't see why you would throw any of these out.

In a brigadier? Jeebus.

Pictures like that make me hate my job. I never get to see hotrods. Makes me wonder where they all are.

Where is the cooling pack on that truck.

3116 with maint ever 100k is not a bad idea.

Non acert 7.2 cats. They like to eat cylinder walls around 6000 hrs.

Perkipillar 6.6 anyone?

From My Not-So-Smart Phone

I heard this once so I'll quote and mostly agree. "The 5.9 cummins has become the small block chevy of the diesel world"

I'm amazed how much power can be obtained with any diesel application. Most amazing of all is the RPM's and related piston speeds. As the basic principal of the slow burn diesel fuel is expansion of the combustion cycle last throughout the entire stroke creating massive amounts of torque. Therefore, the L6 has been the better design matching piston speed to combustion expansion. However, today's multi-firing electronic injection principals has brought the V8 configuration to the front IMHO.

Then, like at the truck pulls at Antrim Diesel Days, you get the top three semi's running all mechanical V8 500 mack engines. This was against some very sweet KTA's. What gives with the basic principal now??????

Additionally, when you here those 5.9 cummins engines at the pulls revving to 5 or 6k just before the clutch is let loose, you have to wonder how much of the stroke is truly being used????

I know just enough to ask all these ridiculous questions!!