Why no big talk about IRP?

bgilbert

VE Guy
Is this just not a DHRA IRP favored site? Only 3 weeks away from the Diesel Nationals at IRP and I haven't seen any threads or hoopla about it.... I know the Scheid rail is gonna be there, but are there any other "big hitter's" gonna be there? Anyone going? I'm there, have had a room booked for about two months now.

well most of the hot street trucks from Indiana won't be there cause of the 2.8 no bushing rule. Which that is usually 6 of the top 15 trucks right there.

There are alot of people that REFUSE to go to Indy for the DHRA event. *bdh* I personally am going to hang out at the hotels. Weather I go to the actual event or not remains to be seen.

From what all ive gathered DHRA has done quite a few things that rub the competitors the wrong way, so they have chosen to pull with other organizations. I would go as I dont have any problem with DHRA, but with the price of fuel and what it costs for hotel rooms, im just gonna stay home. I will be going to Scheids event in Terre Haute, but thats not till august.

The event to go to is the Comp D event in Alabama, and the DHRA sucks pretty much, and Nobody is going except for maybe the party which by the sound of it, is going to be somewhat less because i've heard that some hotels are cracking down on the hanging out.

I'll be going and pulling in the 2.6 class but just for the fact that it's only 25 miles from me. Not a big fan of DHRA and their ways but it's seat time so what the heck I'm going.

I'm here, I'll go, get drunk and probably end up napping under my truck out in the parking area like I did last year........my buddy did the same and I woke him up with his air horn, the cool part is he was sleeping directly underneath of it. Talk about one pissed mofo!! LMAO

I'll definitely be at the hotels. I have 2 spares and I'm considering bringing them to roast off....

its only about 45 minutes from my house but me and terry coppess willl prolly go somewhere in kentucky and pull we just got home from the wide open pull in stanford.

the sport is for the spectator, I dont know the facts about DHRA and what they did exactly but it seems like people are just getting on the ban wagon to be in the "IN" crowd...

Personally I think that those refusing not to attend should do so for the fans... Im trucking 4 hrs for the event to see a sport that I love to watch and be involved with. Since its the only big event around Im going regardless. For those who REFUSE to go and DONT go because of someones brothers friends cousins son who was treated unfairly by DHRA (somehow) I hope you break you truck, and you get booed off the track (drag or 300'). C'mon do it for the kid in the stands that came to see some trucks pull/drag and not over the money:bang

$.02
Ian

the sport is for the spectator, I dont know the facts about DHRA and what they did exactly but it seems like people are just getting on the ban wagon to be in the "IN" crowd...

Personally I think that those refusing not to attend should do so for the fans... Im trucking 4 hrs for the event to see a sport that I love to watch and be involved with. Since its the only big event around Im going regardless. For those who REFUSE to go and DONT go because of someones brothers friends cousins son who was treated unfairly by DHRA (somehow) I hope you break you truck, and you get booed off the track (drag or 300'). C'mon do it for the kid in the stands that came to see some trucks pull/drag and not over the money:bang

$.02
Ian

:clap: Very well said

$.02
Ian

I don't think the prize money has all that much to do with it. As much as we have already traveled to event's this year, the money for fuel is just not there. It's $4.29 a gallon here where I am, and yes I did drag a race truck all the way to Indy last year. I just don't have the money to go. So you go, and have a great time, make that kid in the grandstand happy. And I hope NOBODY breaks anything whether they go or not, we do this because we like to, and broken parts just cost more money, and that means even less event's. Get off your soapbox and go enjoy yourself. Now thats my $.02 Gary

$.02
Ian

I don't know about you, but I don't see that many kids there, your talking like it is a monster truck fest, where there are 8 year olds all over the place. Just take the 8 year olds to Scheid this year. Scheid put on a killer pull last year(the best pull I had ever been to, even with all the rain). I guess this is the point of this thread is to get people to save the event they are going to to move to a different event. If you only have one event to go to, it shouldn't be IRP.

As far as the sport being for the spectator, I really don't think this will be so much the case this year. It is nice to put on a good show, but most of the sport is for the pullers. Without them no show! Most of the events that people go to, the pullers fork out tons of money to get to the pull and have a good running truck. Fuel prices are changing my pulling this year. The pullers would pull with or with out a crowd.

well I know a few that a big guys in the drag's that aren't going do to the payout problem that is posted on here from last year at the end of the year awards ect. Some guys are going do to there sponsor's want them there to run.

As for me I'm going not sure if I'm running bracket or quick diesel it depend on what my truck run's with the S300 on top know and if I get driveshaft loops on.
If there aren't many running quick diesel I may run even if my truck is only running mid 12's any way.

$.02
Ian

So all the pullers and drag racers should take a screwin to keep a kid in the crowd happy?I dont think so.You are right in a sense we are to some degree obligated to the spectators but I dont think anyone should take a screwing to keep someone else happy.Spectators are a big part of this sport.It is how the promoter makes his money,but it is the promoter screwing the spectators when they dont treat the racers with some respect.The racers need to stick together in #s so this does not happen again.I think what people need to remember is a racer cant race without a promoter and a promoter cant promote without a racer.And I personly dont want no one breaking.

So all the pullers and drag racers should take a screwin to keep a kid in the crowd happy?I dont think so.You are right in a sense we are to some degree obligated to the spectators but I dont think anyone should take a screwing to keep someone else happy.Spectators are a big part of this sport.It is how the promoter makes his money,but it is the promoter screwing the spectators when they dont treat the racers with some respect.The racers need to stick together in #s so this does not happen again.I think what people need to remember is a racer cant race without a promoter and a promoter cant promote without a racer.And I personly dont want no one breaking.

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Tom

I think there will be 4 or 5 trucks from around here going.

Lavon

For those who REFUSE to go and DONT go because of someones brothers friends cousins son who was treated unfairly by DHRA (somehow) I hope you break you truck, and you get booed off the track (drag or 300').

This logic is so backwards I don't know where to begin. A true fan of our sport will support the organizations that look after the guys and gals that put on the show. Everyone that I've met that raced DHRA last year are top notch people and didn't deserve what happened to them.

These guys don't have to be my best friends or family for me to throw my support behind their effort to race within an organization that delivers what's promised.

I hope no one breaks their truck, because breaking could cost someone something worth more than any truck part, their life!

To those that do race/pull in Indy, good luck.