Why no big talk about IRP?

We were thinking about going but now --- not so sure. Is there usually a good turnout? Don't want to drive 5-6 hours and just have a few trucks there.

there has historicaly been a good turn out

but this year imo there will be 50% less competitors 50% less diesel vendors and 70% less spectators

just a guess.

Well there will be alot more from us here in the midwest NE, MO, and IA so there will be a big group from my area so I think there will be a nice turnout. The hotels in Plainfield are booked solid since last fall so I think the people are there.

I don't know if I will go or not. I've been working on a new motor and I will be selling the current one so there is no need to beat on it since it is new.

The DHRA has had it's ups and downs but the fan base still needs to be kept in perspective. The fans want to see trucks and it's a balance as to who we are hurting by not going. Are we hurting DHRA or are we hurting the fans and therfore hurting the sport? I realize we are not NASCAR but there are families that come to see all of us pull and really don't care or know about our issues with DHRA or each other. I'm not sticking up for DHRA or any orginizaton but with the cost of fuel and parts, we need all the fans we can get.

Just my opinion.

People will be there, no question, the parties will be probably just as good, just the great running trucks to put on the great show wont.

I don't know if I will go or not. I've been working on a new motor and I will be selling the current one so there is no need to beat on it since it is new.

The DHRA has had it's ups and downs but the fan base still needs to be kept in perspective. The fans want to see trucks and it's a balance as to who we are hurting by not going. Are we hurting DHRA or are we hurting the fans and therfore hurting the sport? I realize we are not NASCAR but there are families that come to see all of us pull and really don't care or know about our issues with DHRA or each other. I'm not sticking up for DHRA or any orginizaton but with the cost of fuel and parts, we need all the fans we can get.

Just my opinion.

Ric and I don't agree on alot but on this one I agree. Just guessing but the entry fees don't account to much as far as paying for the event to happen. I'd have to say the spectator fee's are what pays the bills on an event this big, 10,15,20 dollars whatever it is to get in X 1000 adds up quite quickly. We need the fans to have the abilty to have this go on year after year.

If they're no good trucks there this year, the fans will not come next year just to see a halfassed pull. JMO though.

$20, yea right, wasn't it last year like $40 and you had to buy both days?

I think a lot of people enjoyed the bikini contest last year, but then there were a lot that did not due to the fine display of waist-up female anatomy. For the hotels/warehouse where many are drinking and carrying on I could care less, as it should be adults only with what is going on there.....but at the actual show itself I would agree that the ladies should keep the tops on.....no matter how bad I just wanna see 'em unleashed.:rockwoot:

I am with you on that. Ladies, if you have any of the following please stay off the pole:
Dents all over thighs
Muffin top
Back boobies
Fat, saggy boobies
No boobies
Areolas larger than the beer I'm holding
etc......
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

First off, sorry the originator of this thread asked. You're currently in the "land of the loyal".

Secondly, Pliska brings up an interesting point...The DHRA and their "Hot Bodies" contests in past years, etc. always kinda threw me. I've never been to Indy, and no I'm not a raging feminist, but diesel events have a MUCH different fan base than the truck show, etc. scene because our events are usually family friendly during daylight hours. Sure folks drink, get a little rowdy, but it's a safe bet that normally the only ho-lookin' female will be the weird girl with hip piercings... And it's safe to bring out the childrens, which is great considering the amount of people in this sport with families.

I see NO need for girls at a track in little skirts, bikini tops, half shirts, or other clothing possibly purchased from www.Idresslikeadirtyhooker.com. It's a truck race, not a peep show. I have boobs, I don't want to see yours, thanks. If the guys do, plenty of people can direct you to the old Dairy Queen strip club for after hours fun.

Off that rant, fans will follow the racers and pullers as time goes on and others make great points in regards to competitors needing promoters, but promoters needing competitors equally. I think it's with great respect for the promoter that we spend our money to travel, lodge, and compete...Thus competitors will show up to events where they feel respect is due. Obviously Indy isn't that spot this year.

i won't be there.

i actually get a weekend off :clap:

mike

Well there will be alot more from us here in the midwest NE, MO, and IA so there will be a big group from my area so I think there will be a nice turnout. The hotels in Plainfield are booked solid since last fall so I think the people are there.

I know of about 20 less people going this year from Missouri. Because of fuel and everyone seems to be broke these days. That includes me. Dont care bout all the bs with DHRA. When i travel for these events, its to see the drags mainly. We have dhra pull in our town so get to see them once a year anyways. The drag racing is the cats a$$ if you ask me.

First off, sorry the originator of this thread asked. You're currently in the "land of the loyal".

Secondly, Pliska brings up an interesting point...The DHRA and their "Hot Bodies" contests in past years, etc. always kinda threw me. I've never been to Indy, and no I'm not a raging feminist, but diesel events have a MUCH different fan base than the truck show, etc. scene because our events are usually family friendly during daylight hours. Sure folks drink, get a little rowdy, but it's a safe bet that normally the only ho-lookin' female will be the weird girl with hip piercings... And it's safe to bring out the childrens, which is great considering the amount of people in this sport with families.

I see NO need for girls at a track in little skirts, bikini tops, half shirts, or other clothing possibly purchased from www.Idresslikeadirtyhooker.com. It's a truck race, not a peep show. I have boobs, I don't want to see yours, thanks. If the guys do, plenty of people can direct you to the old Dairy Queen strip club for after hours fun.

Off that rant, fans will follow the racers and pullers as time goes on and others make great points in regards to competitors needing promoters, but promoters needing competitors equally. I think it's with great respect for the promoter that we spend our money to travel, lodge, and compete...Thus competitors will show up to events where they feel respect is due. Obviously Indy isn't that spot this year.

Oh!! So i guess you didnt like the stripper pole the guy had in the back of his truck on friday night last year either? Just curious?:Cheer:

:hehe: :clap: :clap:

$20, yea right, wasn't it last year like $40 and you had to buy both days?

Yeah the price went way up, but they had a special deal which was 30 bucks I think for about 5 hours the Thursday or Friday before..

Oh!! So i guess you didnt like the stripper pole the guy had in the back of his truck on friday night last year either? Just curious?:Cheer:

Like I said...I didn't see it...

If I had, however, I would have assumed that the girls partaking in any pole dancing in the back of a pick-up truck probably just decided to come out for a night away from the trailer compound. And hey, if you like to watch Shady Glen Mobile Home Park residents shake their mullet, that's your thing...Just don't do it near me, or I expect you to shut up when I set up a male stripper pit area for the ladies at a later date.

I just think there's a time and a place for women to do stuff like dance on poles, dress like a sex kitten, etc. and out of respect for the women out there actually competing, or spending time with their families to get a truck ready that it's completely inappropriate.

Like I said...I didn't see it...

If I had, however, I would have assumed that the girls partaking in any pole dancing in the back of a pick-up truck probably just decided to come out for a night away from the trailer compound. And hey, if you like to watch Shady Glen Mobile Home Park residents shake their mullet, that's your thing...Just don't do it near me, or I expect you to shut up when I set up a male stripper pit area for the ladies at a later date.

I just think there's a time and a place for women to do stuff like dance on poles, dress like a sex kitten, etc. and out of respect for the women out there actually competing, or spending time with their families to get a truck ready that it's completely inappropriate.

Send out the invite and I'm there.
I can't lie.... why the HELL did I just have this mental image of Howard trying to attempt this while drunk. I'd rather my last image of him be running with the cooler. I shall now go gouge my eyes out.

Thank you.

I also would like to my son to Indy, but like said before, it's not really a family event. Schieds on the other hand he'll be with me the whole time, the atmospere seem to be more faimily oriented there.

I won't be going...that's the one day a year I wash the truck

Chris

Hey Chris....
I am not working that weekend either,should I load up my detailing items and help you make that thing shine for once?........Andy

ill have to check it out this year... and would like to see the parties and all the crazy stuff at the hotels and warehouses...lol