Why no big talk about IRP?

Im not saying I wish harm to anyone, and I used the child in the stands as a example.

I've been informed of DHRA's actions.... Its not right... but if youre not going, dont go, the rest of us dont want to hear about it

Im not saying I wish harm to anyone, and I used the child in the stands as a example.

I've been informed of DHRA's actions.... Its not right... but if youre not going, dont go, the rest of us dont want to hear about it

Hmm, wasn't this the point of the thread to see why no big talk about IRP??

DHRA last year, had an "Unfortunate Issue" with paying folks. They claimed it was a communications mistake. Unfortunately that Communications error was not brought to light until Jim and Mike held DHRA's feet over the fire and demanded to be paid what they were promised. That "Scar" on DHRA will take a very long time to heal, if it ever does.

Our goal for the new puller was to be ready for Indy. Now we're torn between Indy and New Lexington, OH. I think the class in New Lex will be better but it is only one day and well, Indy has the hotel and warehouse for entertainment purposes. Another issue is we won't have our planned charger if we do Indy since it has a bushing.

And I hope NO ONE breaks. That's a BS statement.

And whoever had the red Dodge last year with the pole in it needs to set up weight classes so we know when get a refill or take a piss when one of the 250 pounders get up there and tests it limits.:hehe:

I have been at Indy the last 2 years (including running the infamous U-Haul racer). I really enjoyed myself both times, enjoyed hanging out with old friends, and made several new ones. However, I would not have been comfortable bringing my daughter (now 5½ years old) to either of those events. "Daddy, why is there a fireman's pole on the back of that truck? Why is that girl swinging around on it? Why is she taking off her clothes?" All are questions I don't want to have to answer. I know some people took their kids to Indy (including some friends of mine) and were able to keep them away from the really rowdy behavior. Not trying to bash the event, but I've definitely been to more "family friendly" diesel events. A good example was the Bakersfield NADM race (where I did bring my daughter). She had lots of fun, saw great competition, didn't see any strippers (at least none with their clothes off), and enjoyed playing with the other kids there.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I have been at Indy the last 2 years (including running the infamous U-Haul racer). I really enjoyed myself both times, enjoyed hanging out with old friends, and made several new ones. However, I would not have been comfortable bringing my daughter (now 5½ years old) to either of those events. "Daddy, why is there a fireman's pole on the back of that truck? Why is that girl swinging around on it? Why is she taking off her clothes?" All are questions I don't want to have to answer. I know some people took their kids to Indy (including some friends of mine) and were able to keep them away from the really rowdy behavior. Not trying to bash the event, but I've definitely been to more "family friendly" diesel events. A good example was the Bakersfield NADM race (where I did bring my daughter). She had lots of fun, saw great competition, didn't see any strippers (at least none with their clothes off), and enjoyed playing with the other kids there.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

We got a hotel outside of the action but still in town so my wife and 6 month old could sleep last year and not have to put up with the noise/idiots. I'll be thinking the same thing you are once he is old enough to start asking questions.

i know i am going (10+hr drive) to see some great friends and have a few cold ones and watch some racing .....for me it's more about hanging with friends and BS'n then anything else

ditto there buddy!

if you are going the majority of us here don't want to hear about that either.

they got in our pockets! we have a reason to be soar with them.

I think a lot of people enjoyed the bikini contest last year, but then there were a lot that did not due to the fine display of waist-up female anatomy. For the hotels/warehouse where many are drinking and carrying on I could care less, as it should be adults only with what is going on there.....but at the actual show itself I would agree that the ladies should keep the tops on.....no matter how bad I just wanna see 'em unleashed.:rockwoot:

And whoever had the red Dodge last year with the pole in it needs to set up weight classes so we know when get a refill or take a piss when one of the 250 pounders get up there and tests it limits.:hehe:

I am with you on that. Ladies, if you have any of the following please stay off the pole:
Dents all over thighs
Muffin top
Back boobies
Fat, saggy boobies
No boobies
Areolas larger than the beer I'm holding
etc......
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Not that it matters, but I spoke with the DHRA the other day. They are gonna let me pay the $50 entry fee to Race in ET Brackets but I am not going to be eligible for trophy, or the prize money. Now if I was a member and I would get to race for there trophy, prize money and points race! But instead, I get to pay $50 to try and break my truck for the fun of it. Hummmm...at TS i payed $35 and was eligible for every nickel and dime offerd and there trophy. But in the goodness of the sport, why pay the bug money for a membership, when in the end, whether I was champion or not, I wouldn't see a dime of the money!!!! my freaking $0.02!!!

Does anyone know if there is a pre-determined warehouse that everyone is going to this year or will it be the same one as last year? I would like to get there early this year because all the fun needs to take place before midnight. The 2nd shift officers that were there didn't care too much what went on, but when the 3rd shift gestapo showed up it ball bustin time. We are staying at the Homewwod Suites there in Plainfield, so we hope the hotel party's will be going strong again.

So all the pullers and drag racers should take a screwin to keep a kid in the crowd happy?I dont think so.You are right in a sense we are to some degree obligated to the spectators but I dont think anyone should take a screwing to keep someone else happy.Spectators are a big part of this sport.It is how the promoter makes his money,but it is the promoter screwing the spectators when they dont treat the racers with some respect.The racers need to stick together in #s so this does not happen again.I think what people need to remember is a racer cant race without a promoter and a promoter cant promote without a racer.And I personly dont want no one breaking.

great post. :rockwoot:

So all the pullers and drag racers should take a screwin to keep a kid in the crowd happy?I dont think so.You are right in a sense we are to some degree obligated to the spectators but I dont think anyone should take a screwing to keep someone else happy.Spectators are a big part of this sport.It is how the promoter makes his money,but it is the promoter screwing the spectators when they dont treat the racers with some respect.The racers need to stick together in #s so this does not happen again.I think what people need to remember is a racer cant race without a promoter and a promoter cant promote without a racer.And I personly dont want no one breaking.

Well said DHRA has no respect for us so we have no respect for them or there pulls

the sport is for the spectator, I dont know the facts about DHRA and what they did exactly but it seems like people are just getting on the ban wagon to be in the "IN" crowd...

I hope you break you truck, and you get booed off the track (drag or 300').
Ian

Thats pretty low class IMHO. Lets keep it above board. Some post were removed here to keep the discussion civil. I don't want to close this thread.

If your going have fun, if your not have fun. The dividing line seems to be those who got the shaft and those who did not.

We were thinking about going but now --- not so sure. Is there usually a good turnout? Don't want to drive 5-6 hours and just have a few trucks there.

Most of the hot 2.8 ITPA trucks will not be there. 5 or so of them are usually in the top 15, so that should give you a hint.