Why no "street" compounds with the primary out front?

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_0238_zpse0d64adb.jpg

IMG_1842_zpsb1e61f06.jpg

IMG_1841_zps9263824b.jpg

IMG_1840_zpsc47d56a9.jpg

IMG_1965_zps0682c590.jpg

How are you guys hanging that primary way out in on the fender? I would think it would need to be braced off the block for engine flex? Getting ready to pipe mine and only thing I'm trying to figure out is how I will hang that big primary way out past the shock tower

i built a set up with the turbo out front in 2004 on a brand new truck. didnt have the heart to cut the frame to fit the big turbo in the regular position at the time. i will have to see if i can find some photos.

I am using 0.25" wall thickness elbows TIG welded together.
The Turbonetics turbo is a lot smaller and lighter than almost all Borg Warner's, Garrett's, and Holset's. A 88mm that weighs 34 ish lbs is a little bit more simple to mount. A s400 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 lbs and the s500sx are somewhere around 70lbs(88mm on a Borg Warner).

Turbonetics Dimensions for Mid-Frame
Borg Warner Dimensions

How are you guys hanging that primary way out in on the fender? I would think it would need to be braced off the block for engine flex? Getting ready to pipe mine and only thing I'm trying to figure out is how I will hang that big primary way out past the shock tower

With flex joints on the hot pipe you could probably get away with a mount that bolts to the shock tower? Just a guess.

Also on the race truck that doesn't see street miles I don't think the brace would be as necessary

Give me a gt55 and I'll try it haha

I only got a S480 sitting on the shelf.. Sorry I can't be of help sir.

I did the measurements and it seems like the GT55 is slightly smaller than my BW 80. so that in it's self is a motivating factor..