winter new truck build

Been waiting on injection pump to come back or it would have been ready last week LOL. It's supposed to be here this afternoon I hope. Kinda cutting it close, we are planning on loading truck tomorrow

I wouldn't know how to act if we didn't cut it close. it seems like every time i think we are going to get done early more things get added to the list. LOL

id be interested to see how that front suspension holds up. If it gets bouncy, I've got a fix for you....

Nice.. I had to go to photobucket, and enter your name to find the video.. the link didn't work for me..

I would never have thought about starting it with out the front cover on... it didn't look like it was making mess at all...

A great job on the build.. and thanks for keeping is posted on the updates.. you made it look too easy.. we missed all the hard stuff.. and late nights and hrs you have in it..
Again.. Great job..
Bryan

player.swf

love coming in late and reading a thread from start to finish....too much suspense reading everyday...waiting for the ending!

how did the truck do tonite? Also how did Blair do? I know both you guys put in alot of late hours getting ready for tonite. I hope i can be happy with my truck this year to turn a app. in to pull this next year.
Also hope to see you at the ken-ten pulls order fire suite last nite. Think im gonna come back to the roots of where i started pulling in not travel so far to pull.

id be interested to see how that front suspension holds up. If it gets bouncy, I've got a fix for you....

Looks like he has some bounce issues. Nothing uncommon on a new build. Truck sounded good. I think he will be on his way once he gets the traction/bounce issue resolved.

Most definitely had some flexing issues but I kinda expected it. I think the front suspension is going to be just fine though. We're going to start this week on sorta a ladderbar/ sub frame. I was pleased with how engine ran and no major issues with truck all weekend besides the bounce. Changing the front shock setup and lots of frame work I think it'll be fine. Also getting a new set of shoes before next hook.

yeah, almost seems like a little bracing/boxing of the frame in the middle where the traction bars attach would prohibit the frame from bowing up like it did - could see the gap grow between the cab and bed at the top of the bed. Looked and sounded good though!

what year is the frame again? Reason I ask is I went out of my way when I built mine to find a 96+ frame (mine was a 99). The early crew cab frames were super light in the frame wall thickness (3/16" vs 5/16"+) and I never once had an issue with any flex in the frame like you experianced there. I also had a set of track bars that were just over 9 feet long which deffinatly helped out a bunch but doubt it made much of a difference on the frame flex like you experianced.

Great pull though and it makes me want to build another one!

Ryan

what year is the frame again? Reason I ask is I went out of my way when I built mine to find a 96+ frame (mine was a 99). The early crew cab frames were super light in the frame wall thickness (3/16" vs 5/16"+) and I never once had an issue with any flex in the frame like you experianced there. I also had a set of track bars that were just over 9 feet long which deffinatly helped out a bunch but doubt it made much of a difference on the frame flex like you experianced.

Great pull though and it makes me want to build another one!

Ryan

It was a pre-96 frame. Maybe some of the problem. I boxed it with 1/4 though. In the beginning I was scared truck was going to be heavy so I tried to keep light as possible with rear track bars and extra bracing. Well I actually need to add some weight because there's not enough room in my box and I was actually under weight this weekend. So I'm going to go back with lots of extra support every where to try to take care of problem. I'm going to bring rear lower bars all the way to meet front suspension mounts and ladder frame all the way back I think it'll take care of it. For the front I'm going to build something like shock hoops but stronger to go over week spot where springs go in frame. It's all learning experience and maybe it'll get there. No breakage this weekend I was proud of

i was excited to see your truck pull saturday night. truck looked awesome and seemed to run good except the bounce issue. done good for a new build though. hope ya get it all lined out and going good hope to see it pull again