winter new truck build

thanks for everybodys comments, and yes i am scared of the (chatter) myself which is why i put the dual shocks up front. But like anything else it can be changed if it dont work. I just wanted something simple. I'll be the first one to say i'll be gald to get the first hook out of the way so i can have a baseline to work off of. Last truck it took me change'n stuff almost everyweekend for two years before i was satisfied. This truck i hope will be a build it right one time and pull the fire out of it all yearLOL

You could just un bolt the upper arms from the lowers, swing them up to the frame and make mounting tabs on the frame. This way you can try the original plan first and if it does work, pull the bolts holding them to the lower arms and bolt them to the frame and make another run.

You could just un bolt the upper arms from the lowers, swing them up to the frame and make mounting tabs on the frame. This way you can try the original plan first and if it does work, pull the bolts holding them to the lower arms and bolt them to the frame and make another run.

I think the two lengths of top and bottom bars are WAY to different for that to ever work. Anything I've ever been told on fourlinks never get farther than 80% difference in bottom and top bar difference. I think this one is probably 40% LOL.wouldn't take long to change if I need to but the hook we're going to won't be abl make two passes. We'll hook it to something at the shop before we go bu t the hop will only most likely come on the track.

with the front shocks angled back does the suspension bind at all? it looks like it would, maybe just the way im looking at it.

with the front shocks angled back does the suspension bind at all? it looks like it would, maybe just the way im looking at it.

If I was building a trail truck and wanted 18 inches of travel might have done something different. I might be wrong but maybe it'll work. LOL

2011-12-21_20-51-50_521.jpg

2011-12-21_20-50-54_866.jpg

Got started in the motor mounts got plates cut and drilled and frame tapped. Got rear end apart to change gear out. Hopefully if everything keeps going good i'll have cab and bed sitting on it this weekend and it'll start coming together.

Well got a rolling chassis now. Got hubs back from machine shop and inside rear wheel done all I like on that is adapter for outside wheel. Plan is tomorrow having short block assembled and get cab and bed put on.
2011-12-23_16-01-09_257.jpg
2011-12-23_16-11-06_167.jpg
2011-12-23_16-26-37_464.jpg

Nice looking build. Just wanted to throw this out there, 3 inch is limited to 158" wheel base i believe. U may have already known this and I am playing captain obvious, just saying.

Awesome looking! I ve always liked this body style chevy. Looks good as a puller.

my crew-cab long box GMC in my aviator was 167" wheel base....when did the wheel base get changed in the 3.0 class? I was legal when I pulled in Indy a few years ago!

Nice looking build. Just wanted to throw this out there, 3 inch is limited to 158" wheel base i believe. U may have already known this and I am playing captain obvious, just saying.
since when? all thats required is factory wheelbase. cab and chassis trucks are limited to 172" in BOB. I have personally NEVER seen that be a problem. if the truck has obviously been lengthened, that would pose a problem.

this is verbatim from BOB rules, and most orgs basically have the same rules.

[FONT=Arial,Bold]
Wheelbase:​
[/FONT]
The vehicle must retain the original factory wheel base and track width. Cab and
chassis trucks may not exceed 172 inch center to center of axles. Front dualwheel
spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style​
wheels.

not rying to start anything or cause problems, look on scheid site under extravaganza and rules, also cotpc. Just seen that he has a 4 door and thought I would say something before he got to the pull, not trying to start sheet here. don't shoot the messenger.

not rying to start anything or cause problems, look on scheid site under extravaganza and rules, also cotpc. Just seen that he has a 4 door and thought I would say something before he got to the pull, not trying to start sheet here. don't shoot the messenger.

Yes I've seen the rules no hard feelings onthe post. We've never been able to make a national hook because we've always had a local points pull same day. This truck is being built for some old school local rules. Bushed 3.0, one ton drive line, except for open rear end. It's kinda odd yes I know next year we're hoping to have same as national 3.0 rules and I'll probably make truck a short bed.

Back