winter new truck build

Looks good. The only thing I don't like is the solid engine mounts. They will put a lot of stress on the side of the block if they are rigid. Other than that it looks sweet.

Looks good. The only thing I don't like is the solid engine mounts. They will put a lot of stress on the side of the block if they are rigid. Other than that it looks sweet.
Suggestions? Maybe I'm wrong I thought that's what everybody went to was a solid mount.

Yeah, they will tear it right in half if its solid like that. Deffinatly don't want solid if its tying into the sides of the block like that!

Look good...makes me miss my old truck that much more!!!

ok so i'm having second thoughts about the motor mounts. So i guess i'm going to change them while i'm not too far along. I have some poly bushings at the shop that fit 1.75" ID tube and have a .750" OD sleeve with a half inch bolt hole. Think that will be strong enough? I'm going to cut the 2" square tube off both my plates and put two tabs on the engine side with a pipe and bushings on frame side. Any other suggestions on how to do this?

Or what about adding a front engine plate to help keeep the engine from ripping it's sides off? Seen a few Light Limited SS tractors and Hot Farm Tractors do that around here. Looks like that's how Scott V. mounts were on the BBD.

Last edited:
Or what about adding a front engine plate to help keeep the engine from ripping it's sides off? Seen a few Light Limited SS tractors and Hot Farm Tractors do that around here. Looks like that's how Scott V. mounts were on the BBD.

well i thought about that too adding support in front and two bars tied into the trans plate. I've just been thinking

Moving on along. Going to change motor mounts tomorrow to poly mounts.
2012-01-06_21-45-13_966.jpg

New motor mounts
2012-01-07_19-09-41_130.jpg
2012-01-07_19-09-54_280.jpg
trans is in, new crossmember built. Transfer case and all that's in, rear drive shaft built. Got alot done today and hope to tomorrow too.

i like seeing the intake runner out of the hood :D. I love that body style. Looks sharp

Lot more done tonight. Still on schedule I hope. Engine is just about ready today fire, all it needs some fuel lines hook up battery and hand throttle. I plan on mounting weight box and get fuel and ice water cell mounted before that though so I only have to plumb and wire once. I'm still hoping to fire it sat I hope.
2012-01-09_21-19-40_329.jpg

Are you coming to the pull regardless? Come see me Friday I'll be working the Amsoil booth with my direct jobber. Be nice to finally put a face with the name! I'm hoping to see this thing on the track as well! Looking good!

Are you coming to the pull regardless? Come see me Friday I'll be working the Amsoil booth with my direct jobber. Be nice to finally put a face with the name! I'm hoping to see this thing on the track as well! Looking good!

We'll be coming with a truck regardless!:lolly: I'll come give you a shout for sure. We usually get there early Friday and take a look around at the venders. Will you be there all day? You'll have to come check the truck nut if you get a chance.

Back