Workstock 12 valve

FWIW guys, ACE is running a A5k if iirc...

Jake, same up here. A good running "work stock" truck is barely idling with a 2.6" and easily 700hp.

ehh dont listen to john^^^^^^^ hahah but ya i pull work stock with him and its definatly a 2.6 class. you need big bucks and you gotta know people. the more people you know the more crap you can get away with. theres a guy around with a p-pumped 24v thats spanking efi live CRs and dmaxes. the things crazy. but other than that the newer trucks basically own the class

My dad has 5speed with haisley clutch, built injection pump with 19 degrees of timing and fuel set on 420 cc with 7x16 dual fed injectors and .093 lines. water meth, and ran a turbo off 08 for a little while (still a stock dodge turbo so legal) and now back to the 35. i recommend a bat mo wheel. still "appearing " stock and will pass more than likley. he is usually top 3.

lucky him, we get spanked by trucks like your 00' in the WS class hahaha

haha yeah thats def not legal lol. its gonna be hard to keep up with duramax's and CR dodges in that class but do wat you gotta do

legal haha it depends on who you ask. alotta pulls the guy who does tech is whoever shows up first. its always a joke

everybody around here is usually pretty honest and we all know what everyone has but any new pullers we tech and usually dont have any problems.

ive gone to pulls where there isnt any tech at all if you make weight you can pull

But then again they made a big deal about my 35/40 hybrid because you can do so much to a stock turbo. Ha Ha Ha

FWIW guys, ACE is running a A5k if iirc...

Jake, same up here. A good running "work stock" truck is barely idling with a 2.6" and easily 700hp.

ehh dont listen to john^^^^^^^ hahah but ya i pull work stock with him and its definatly a 2.6 class. you need big bucks and you gotta know people. the more people you know the more crap you can get away with. theres a guy around with a p-pumped 24v thats spanking efi live CRs and dmaxes. the things crazy. but other than that the newer trucks basically own the class

Pretty sure is says right here ISP - Rulebook that trucks may run a stock appearing 2.6. I don't like the rules. I think not allowing traction bars and not allowing someone to block their suspension in any pulling class is retarded.

^^
It'd just be nice if they would actually tech. Alot of the big trucks in the "stock" class are 2.6 trucks but there to lazy to do all the saftey stuff. It kind of sucks to try and get into the sport when they let them in. I hope they feel good when there 500-700hp trucks are beating actuall stock trucks.

Just my $.02

^^
It'd just be nice if they would actually tech. Alot of the big trucks in the "stock" class are 2.6 trucks but there to lazy to do all the saftey stuff. It kind of sucks to try and get into the sport when they let them in. I hope they feel good when there 500-700hp trucks are beating actuall stock trucks.

Just my $.02

I have never been to an ISP sanctioned pull where my truck was not teched. I know that the pulls in Morris, Wyoming, Amboy (Lee county only), Belvidere, and Paw Paw all run their own set of rules. The rest all use the ISP rules and are teched, usually by a board member. If i recall correctly, anything goes in Morris, just need to be <8000lb., a license plate and tires smaller than 33". Wyoming 8000 diesel rules were regular workstock rules but they have a 9500 lb open diesel class I believe. Amboy has two pulls. The Thursday night pull is Lee county only trucks and you need to be <8000, license and registration, 2.6, and trac bars/bump stops are allowed. Lee county fri night is a ISP pull and uses ISP rules. Belvidere runs their own modified retarded workstock rules (I found out the hard way after a 1.5 hour drive and will never go again). Im pretty sure Paw Paw runs regular ISP rules with the exception of traction bars. I know all this because I was at these pulls along with others last year. My truck was set up for 2.6 and has all the safety equipment. Did I feel good about spanking stock trucks? No. I enjoy pulling and try to make as many as I can. I went to most of the 2.6 RCD pulls in Peoria, the M-P fair in Henry. I even went to Scheid knowing I was going to get spanked by real 2.6 trucks but I had fun. Maybe you can suggest an ISP class you would like me to pull my cclb 2.6 truck in. Altered stock with 2.8 turbos and 6500lb.? Super stock with 3.0 ODL and 6200lbs.? Maybe the 8000lb. Pro Street 3.0 ODL class? If I were an ISP board member I wouldn't want to tech the stock gas and diesel classes and listen to all the whiners either.
IDK. Just my $.02

I just hate sitting in line watching alot of trucks pull 300+ ft. in the stock class just to bumb up to the next class and pull 300ft. again. I don't see how they belong in the stock class? Plus they smoke like h*ll, they shoot a solid stream of smoke the entire length of the track.

They should have a Stock class and a 2.6 class not blending it together. Plus unless you have a Duramax how can you have a stock appearing 2.6? There was a guy running a Phat Shaft 66 doesn't look stock to me.

Just don't see how they let them get away with it, cuz you can tell that some of the trucks just plain shouldn't be there.

Like I said before it kind of ruins it for the guy that just wants to have some fun and be somewhat competitive without spending thousands of dollars on parts.

Last edited:
I just hate sitting in line watching alot of trucks pull 300+ ft. in the stock class just to bumb up to the next class and pull 300ft. again. I don't see how they belong in the stock class? Plus they smoke like h*ll, they shoot a solid stream of smoke the entire length of the track.

They should have a Stock class and a 2.6 class not blending it together. Plus unless you have a Duramax how can you have a stock appearing 2.6? There was a guy running a Phat Shaft 66 doesn't look stock to me. Id suggest going to the rules meeting and ask them to make a new 2.6 class, just make sure you have your flame suit on. the last discusion i heard was if they made a legit 2.6 class there would be no stock class at all. its no going to happen.

Just don't see how they let them get away with it, cuz you can tell that some of the trucks just plain shouldn't be there. Whats the next class up? Its altered stock gas, #6500, pretty much an rclb class, you can get and ecsb down to weight, but it will be a tin can.

Like I said before it kind of ruins it for the guy that just wants to have some fun and be somewhat competitive without spending thousands of dollars on parts. Then go pull and have fun, and dont worry about where you place.[/