Workstock class /RPM Limit

smokin

Need some input on the class.Instead of tagging and sealing turbo's ,why can't we do to the ws class like they do the 10000lb tractors.For around 80 bucks you can purchase the sensor and run an extension cord style plug to the back of the truck for the RPM box to plug in????????
Also what limit would be best for the class?

Well I guess you could let the 7.3 have 4000 RPM
Give the 6.6 4425 RPM
Give the 5.9 4949 RPM

For around $80 you could have an air restrictor. And outside of the World of the internets, it's been proven to work time and again.

For around $80 you could have an air restrictor. And outside of the World of the internets, it's been proven to work time and again.

I do think the air restrictor would be an interesting idea in the workstock class, since there is so much a variance between the makes, twins on some, super small singles on others etc.

Perfect entrance. For the people with experience with the actual part/results, it's common sense. But I won't argue any longer with people on the internet whom have invested nothing into creating an alternative solution.

Workstock should have stock rpm's, in my book Lets take the major three makes and hold em to the floor, get all three numbers, average them out and there you go thats your number.$.02

I've seen first hand on my own truck what the restrictor tube does to a truck. Heck Mark could hardly get my truck to even light the charger on the dyno with the restrictor tube. Cut back the horsepower by about 200hp. So I'd say in workstock it would be a very good idea.

I've seen first hand on my own truck what the restrictor tube does to a truck. Heck Mark could hardly get my truck to even light the charger on the dyno with the restrictor tube. Cut back the horsepower by about 200hp. So I'd say in workstock it would be a very good idea.

If your charger would barely light, it really meant that the turbine section wasn't matched to the airflow it was getting. If they spent time tuning it, I wonder what it would do?

If your charger would barely light, it really meant that the turbine section wasn't matched to the airflow it was getting. If they spent time tuning it, I wonder what it would do?

don't know. We were testing out next year's 2.6 charger, and just threw it on to see what it would do. If Mark gets more time this winter, which probably won't happen maybe I'll see if he'd be willing to try and tune it with the restrictor tube on. I'd like to see what the tube would do on someone's truck with a true 2.6 turbo or one of the modified vgt turbos. I will say this without the tube we were hitting right around 55lbs of boost, with we were barely making 35

Last edited:
ive said this the whole time and ill say it again. forget tagging turbos, forget rpm limit and forget air restrictors, just make it more reasonable to protest, not the $1000 it was last year... make things alot easier. nobody wants to go through the trouble of all that stuff just to pull workstock. Make things a whole lot easier..

ive said this the whole time and ill say it again. forget tagging turbos, forget rpm limit and forget air restrictors, just make it more reasonable to protest, not the $1000 it was last year... make things alot easier. nobody wants to go through the trouble of all that stuff just to pull workstock. Make things a whole lot easier..

What exactly will protesting change? Sounds like the worst possible way of carrying on organized pulling....more like WWE...

"Nobody wants to go through the trouble of all that stuff just to pull workstock."
:thankyou2:

It won't effect me in the least but I'm not for rpm limits in any class.

What's wrong with the the class the way it was?? It seemed awfully competitive to me with dodges & dmaxes both capable of winning each night. I understand there was some ongoing confrontation between some of the pullers but that's IMO more because it was actually competitive. A lower protest fee might help since the biggest gripe was whether or not so-and-so was running a modded stock charger or an actual stock unit. Lower it to $100 & let em find out once & for all. If someones cheating, they'll quit cheating or quit pulling if they know they might get caught on a protest.

That's my $0.02 but prolly only worth what you paid for it, zilch. LOL

Last edited:
What exactly will protesting change? Sounds like the worst possible way of carrying on organized pulling....more like WWE...

When you go to some more pulls and get involved you will see why there are protest rules in about every pulling organization and they do work if done accordingly

Last edited:
When you go to some more pulls and get involved you will see why there are protest rules in about every pulling organization and they do work if done accordingly

LOL

Lissen here, sonny, I've been to the rodeo a few times, but everyone manned up enough that we didn't waste our time with such things...

11. Protest rule will follow NTPA rule book. Protestor must put up $500.00. Tech person receives $200.00
and owner receives $300.00 if found legal. If found illegal $300.00 goes to protester.

Here is a sample from the NTPA not the WWE . Your Rodeo must have had the billy goats

The only people that cry protest is unfair are those with thoughts or or are cheating. Anyone that is running legal will be happy to make some extra money after they have won the pull and get to prove he is legal all at the same time making a little spare cash.

Could be like drag racing. Some classes you have to pull the heads off your engine before you run just to prove you are legal.

Pulling world has to much trust and the truth is 90 percent of people running are looking for or bending the rules so bad its pathetic.

11. Protest rule will follow NTPA rule book. Protestor must put up $500.00. Tech person receives $200.00
and owner receives $300.00 if found legal. If found illegal $300.00 goes to protester.

Here is a sample from the NTPA not the WWE . Your Rodeo must have had the billy goats

So what you're saying is, you want the winner to be announced and then have people throwing protests and telling everyone in the crowd, "oh wait, hey, we need to tear this thing down" and then 15 minutes later they come back on and say "oh yeah we DQed so-and-so and this new guy is the winner."

Then "Oh wait, now he's getting protested too so we'll have to get back to see if new guy passes tech."

That's just stupid. There's far better ways of having reasonable tech beforehand to prevent a soap opera at the end. Talk to any promoter and I'm sure they will say this is NOT what they want.

I am very familiar with the protest procedure but have never seen it done. Most people knew that protesting me was going to be a waste of time and money.

From the other threads you have posted in I can understand now what I'm dealing with a worthless critic with no understanding of others just what you think and its always your way . I bet when you wipe your A S S if it takes more than 3 swipes you punch yourself in the face

Chris
Me thinks an rpm limit would benifit. it works in the tractor classes. If its for Workstock see what a factory truck (Dodge, GM or FORD) will turn by STOCK standards. Take the highest number and make it the limit. possibly go 10% over. $.02

Lynn