Workstock class /RPM Limit

From the other threads you have posted in I can understand now what I'm dealing with a worthless critic with no understanding of others just what you think and its always your way . I bet when you wipe your A S S if it takes more than 3 swipes you punch yourself in the face

Your idea isn't gaining any traction and it never will. No promoter is interested in what that would produce. Get off it already.

Every pulling organization in existence has had a protest procedure. Reason for having it is because it works. If I think your cheating I will check you. Problem is if the protest amount is to much nobody does it because they are afraid to loose there money if they are legal. A hundred or two hundred bucks these days isn't much to loose if you are wrong and just got beat.

Now the rpm limit may work if there is a good way to make sure that is all it turns. I know of several tractors that have throttle stops that are in place when checked but move when they go down the track.

Agreed...but there is a clear reason why protests are kept costly.

Imagine if it was $50.

I have been pulling for years and protest used to be expensive. We lowered the protest fee and now cheating is all but gone. Everyone knows if they cheat they will get caught.

The ones that cry about not wanting lower protest fees are those that are more than likely cheating.

I have been pulling for years and protest used to be expensive. We lowered the protest fee and now cheating is all but gone. Everyone knows if they cheat they will get caught.

The ones that cry about not wanting lower protest fees are those that are more than likely cheating.

Good point, initially the protesting would be rampid, but after everyone has been protested it would settle down.

I thought this was about an RPM limit? Of which, I would be against.

I thought this was about an RPM limit? Of which, I would be against.

x2 the turbos just need to be taken to straight up 2.5 no tapered bores no clipped wheels just a straight up 64mm charger that will level up the playing field.... just my $.02

then you are back to the old 2.5 class that was back in the day.

then you are back to the old 2.5 class that was back in the day.

. . . That turned into the 2.6" class we have now that looks like the 2.8" class we had back in the day.

Guess we're going to need a new WS class to take this one's place when it turns back into 2.X" :badidea:

-Michael

work stock?

who works a truck with 500-800hp with a stock APPEARING turbo if you would all stop bi#@hing and just run 2.6 we are all kidding ourselves if we think that we can ever keep a class under control for true street driven trucks. lets be honest with ourselves that no one feeds cows with a weight bracket/traction bars/ a truck that hazes at idle/ and sounds like OHIO CATS mod truck 90% of the trucks you see at pulls these days their one and only purpose is to pull sled.
i would love to see this class but the amount of mods these days its not really practical.

Who cares, if someone with 15k+ in their truck wants to pull for 150 bucks let him. The promotors are the ones that win. Noone in the crowd is gonna piss and moan, "boy I sure wish they would slow down and smoke less."

As far as RPM limits go, I've already stated it but I'm against it. As for the charger discussion, trust me when I say there's nobody that would like to see the WS class have an aftermarket limit on it more than me. I don't think, I know that 2.5" would be too big after having the class here for a few years and seeing the outcome of it. I would be fine limiting it down to 2.4" if it were ever to be done, but I also feel that I'd only be doing it for selfish reasons. It would not truly help the sport at this point with the way the classes are divided up.

I personally would never try to compete with a stock charger because I know how hot everything gets now with the amount of extra air flow that I have, let alone choking it down even more. My take on it is that there are so many trucks that have a streetable charger or could go to a streetable charger in the 2.4" range that could flow comparable to what some of the GM/Ford chargers can run. Granted their are trucks doing great with some of the Dodge 341's and 351's, but even they are lacking on the exhaust side in my opinion. I would gladly go down to a 2.4" aftermarket charger to run WS, but that would be that much more BS to deal with in what should be, but isn't, the simplest class of all.

The only answer for now, at least until the restrictor is proven/disproven for our application, is to stick with a stock OEM unmodified charger, have techs that know the difference between these and modified/aftermarket chargers, and having the rules enforced completely. Some organizations do better with this than others but not all have perfected it. Why throw a wrench into something that is already scatter brained at best?

Last edited:
Just eliminate payout in the WS class and see how many trucks step up to 2.6
CompD Mobile Device

As far as RPM limits go, I've already stated it but I'm against it.

I have read thru all the posts and unless I totally missed it...Im wondering what your reasons are for being against it?

Because you can't turn a cummins high enough. 2800 won't make enough power.

Because you can't turn a cummins high enough. 2800 won't make enough power.
Believe what you want...but talk to a few well known tractor shops that are building engines/tractors for MOD Farm, Super Farm or similar classes with RPM limits and you will find that there is deffinatly power to be made under the 3000 rpm mark!

I know there is but it can cost more. I plan on pulling WS some this summer. I think the RPM rule is a good idea. Factory rpms and go. That is workstock in my opinion.