Workstock class /RPM Limit

Just have a turbo claim rule. Set a dollar amount and any puller that runs the class has a option of buying the winners turbo.

I have read thru all the posts and unless I totally missed it...Im wondering what your reasons are for being against it?

Truthfully, there is no solid answer for your question other than I just don't like limit after limit after limit, etc... I understand that would cut the class back but there are more logical ways to do this in my opinion. Everyone seems to want a class that is just not going to happen. An entry level puller, which the class is supposedly geared toward, is a phrase that could be debated about as much as 2.6" chargers, cams, and injectors. Some think the amount of limited horsepower a stock chargered truck makes puts them into this class, where as others look at it as truly unexperienced drivers.

All classes are divided using one sole means. The turbo. If they are going to truly make it a stock unmodified charger class, then leave it at that. Let everyone spin their engines to the moon and melt them down to the ground if that's what they so desire. Eventually the learning curve process will begin and then people will start building more for setup after realizing their hp potential has been met.

While tractor classes have given us all insight into what to do with these classes and engines, we're still pulling trucks. If we look to the tractor classes for all of our answers, soon we'll be pulling with a speed limit as well. Surely between the minds of the pullers, builders, and promotors/organizations, there can be something worthwhile that can come from self governing our classes.

Claim rule works for other forms of pulling and may for this as well, but this is another idea that would not be taken well. For that matter, you can have as many rules, guidelines, fines, etc, as you like. It all boils down to the tech. If the tech is done properly, the majority of problems that people seem to have issues with will not arise near as much.

If I was not already into pulling, I'd likely never want to start with all the new rule suggestions/requirements that seem to surface daily. If a rule is truly needed, fine, by all means address the problem. Could some, if not most of these problems be fixed if the rules we already have were followed and teched properly now, I believe, absolutely.

This sport seems to be getting taken over as a whole by newcomers that get upset because they don't win. Even pulling all year with an organization does not mean someone deserves a win or deserves to bring anyone else down to their level so that they can be competitive the next year. To me this means they need to step up their game, not bring others down, which is where I see the majority of these new rule ideas going, downhill.

Does everything I just wrote make it right and the way it should be? No, but this is how I feel considering the high level of competition in our local WS class, which I feel does deserve every bit of the payouts they get. There is a lot of time, money, and effort that goes into the work stock class, in this area especially. Just my $.02.

Sorry for the long winded response. Evidently there was more on my mind than RPM's.;)