Would using this stuff be worth it?

Sounds like a good answer for us higher horsepower guys who pull heavy campers and such.
From what Ive read, is that 500hp is about the breaking point for our cooling system when towing with steep grades.
Might also be a nice answer for guys who run electric fans also.

Only drawback is $$. Our trucks take what, 6 gallons at $30.00 a gallon plus shipping=$200.00+.

Sounds like a good answer for us higher horsepower guys who pull heavy campers and such.
From what Ive read, is that 500hp is about the breaking point for our cooling system when towing with steep grades.
Might also be a nice answer for guys who run electric fans also.

Only drawback is $$. Our trucks take what, 6 gallons at $30.00 a gallon plus shipping=$200.00+.

Is that really an issue? With ALL the money we spend on the trucks- its like going with cheap brake pads or the upgraded one for $15 more.

Yes - the drilled hole is to get rid of pressure

Greg- do you run a coolant bypass valve with the evans? or just fixed the freeze plug-

Why would anybody want to use a combustable coolant in your engine?

You blow a head gasket things can get real bad. Like how Breedlove got burnt so bad he can not drive his own streamliner anymore:doh:

Why would anybody want to use a combustable coolant in your engine?

You blow a head gasket things can get real bad. Like how Breedlove got burnt so bad he can not drive his own streamliner anymore:doh:

I guess we shouldnt worry about the 35 gallons of diesel or the 2+lbs. of freon then.:doh:

Is that really an issue? With ALL the money we spend on the trucks- its like going with cheap brake pads or the upgraded one for $15 more.

Yes - the drilled hole is to get rid of pressure

Greg- do you run a coolant bypass valve with the evans? or just fixed the freeze plug-

From what I have read yes it is an issue. Our cooling systems are only good to around 500rwhp when towing heavy. You would have to slow down to almost stop on extreme grades.
I guess you could spend $600 on a aluminum Griffen radiator.

I guess we shouldnt worry about the 35 gallons of diesel or the 2+lbs. of freon then.:doh:

Blown head gaskets are pretty common in higher HP working trucks like you speak of. A gasket failing and spewing water all over a red hot exhaust manifold and turbine makes lots of off steam, a mess, and may crack the maniflod or turbine housing. Evans coolant will ignite. Take your pick.

thats what i am doin

larger rad and 60/40 propo glycol

oh, and glass frt bumper with a bunch of big ass holes in it

just the bumper alone has already made a HUGE difference

GlassFrontBumper001.jpg

Blown head gaskets are pretty common in higher HP working trucks like you speak of. A gasket failing and spewing water all over a red hot exhaust manifold and turbine makes lots of off steam, a mess, and may crack the maniflod or turbine housing. Evans coolant will ignite. Take your pick.

And a failed injector line or a leaky injector nut atomizing diesel all over a red hot manifold will do the same thing.
YOU take your pick.

Either way you cant deny there are extremly combustible liquids under the hoods of vehicles.

Thank god people with gasoline vehicles are safe.:hehe:

Last edited:
I personally dont have any problems with my cooling system pulling 12k all over the USA.
Now I have read of people puling in excess of 18k with problems.

My stock bumper already has huge holes in it.

And a failed injector line or a leaky injector nut atomizing diesel all over a red hot manifold will do the same thing.
YOU take your pick.

Either way you cant deny there are extremly combustible liquids under the hoods of vehicles.

Thanks god people with gasoline vehicles are safe.:hehe:
No kidding diesel burns. I guess I am begining to wonder if you sell Evans.

A fuel leak is bad news for sure but a leaky nut is not going to blow a gallon plus out in a short burst. A blown gasket or freeze plug can.

I have had an underhood fuel fire it sucked.
But I will never have an underhood coolant fire.:woohoo:

No kidding diesel burns. I guess I am begining to wonder if you sell Evans.

A fuel leak is bad news for sure but a leaky nut is not going to blow a gallon plus out in a short burst. A blown gasket or freeze plug can.

I have had an underhood fuel fire it sucked.
But I will never have an underhood coolant fire.:woohoo:

Sell Evans:hehe:

Look at my Avatar,
UNION made brother!!
6 daysa week 10-12 hours a day is enough for me to make 150k a year, I dont have the time to try and sell other things.

It seems like it works good for over the road truckers.
I just thought it would help the guys who have overheating issues while pulling heavy.

Look at my Avatar,
UNION made brother!!
6 daysa week 10-12 hours a day is enough for me to make 150k a year, I dont have the time to try and sell other things.
Union explains alot.

Good luck with the Evans

Alot of us cummins "53" block guys run it just because of our mexican metal blocks.

Look at my Avatar,
UNION made brother!!

It seems like it works good for over the road truckers.
I just thought it would help the guys who have overheating issues while pulling heavy.

How long you been working 72 hour weeks? how long do you think you can keep up with that? do you live the 150K/year life style or the 80K/year lifestyle?

How long you been working 72 hour weeks? how long do you think you can keep up with that? do you live the 150K/year life style or the 80K/year lifestyle?

HELL NO!! Family and Friends is more important.
I live off 40 hours a week!!
My wife is polish, so Its all savings:hehe:. I usually have to stop at the store before a family party so she can get pantyhose, because she doesnt spend a dime. I'm the one who spends.
I usually average around 90k a year.
Last year was 150k, because I was foreman at a the Exxon/Mobile NSR project.
This year probably around 115k, because I am off due to a hip surgery right now.
Its just that work is VERY busy for us.

My welding skills is what keeps me employed.

However, I run with alot of guys that need to make 120k a year to survive. They have 3 wives, 6 kids, fancy house, cars and all the toys.
I worked with one guy that had 7 wives. The 2nd one he married, he got divorced to her, and then he decided to re-marry her for #7.

If anyone out there is looking for a job, The United Association is looking for anyone who can weld. We have a new "hybrid program" that will take a person who can weld, train them for 16 weeks (40 hours a week) and then place them usually around a 3rd year apprentice, and then they finish out 2 years of the 5 year program.

Has anyone ever had, or heard of anyone ever having a fire related to coolant? I know it is a possibility but I don't think it is very likely.

Has anyone ever had, or heard of anyone ever having a fire related to coolant? I know it is a possibility but I don't think it is very likely.

Ive never heard of one.
Gas,diesel and electrical fires are alot more common.
I dont think its something to really worry about.

Ive never heard of one.
Gas,diesel and electrical fires are alot more common.
I dont think its something to really worry about.

I agree that gas, diesel, and electrical fires are more common but not everyone out there is running a combustable coolant. I think it's possible, under the right circumstances for it to cause an issue. My question is, why would you run this coolant when you can solve the problem once and for all with a coolant bypass? I'm sure this stuff works great but I think I would do a bypass first. $.02

propo gly runs cooler

the thicker u run it the cooler your overall temps are

but the thicker u run it the more prone to hot spots it is

who cares if its flammable?

i surely dont

its expensive and can cause hot spots

those are its only two downfalls if ya ask me