WTS light/ Grid heater issue

Bob Wagner

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Marco has to redo the whole enchilada to get rid of the Chrysler bug, yes Chryslser bug not an issue caused by MADS Electronics.

This is a ton of work and not an easy task. There have been so many change implemented into the Catcher software that a easy revision is not enough.

Please be patient as Marco does his work to get rid of this PITa.

Thanks

Could Marco just attach an earlier chrysler update to the 1.6 or 1.7? If so that would work great for us guys that have an older recovery file to flash back to.:D Im sure its not that simple. Just putting my thinking into words. Lol

Marco wishes it was that easy.....

That is clearly a bug in Chrysler's latest software. At this point the only possible route that I see is to return back to the previous software's from Chrysler.
That in turn means that I have to re-do the WHOLE freaking data base for the Smarty. Since the previous Chrysler version was in use I've done so many changes
to the 5.9L softwares that I can't simply go back to the old version. I need to take the older version and do all the changes that I did in the newest version.

THANK YOU!!!!

For giving us some honest info about it.
Realizing this may be a major task for you,do you have any idea or kind of timeframe to work around this at all?.
There are many shows that alot of us desire to attend and its quite embarrassing to have to be pushed away from dyno's or off tracks with trucks that do not run.

Bob,

Could you elaborate on what the issue is exactly or which smarty model it affects?

Thanks!

THANK YOU!!!!

For giving us some honest info about it.
Realizing this may be a major task for you,do you have any idea or kind of timeframe to work around this at all?.
There are many shows that alot of us desire to attend and its quite embarrassing to have to be pushed away from dyno's or off tracks with trucks that do not run.

Do you want me to speculate? Will I be hung out to dry if it takes longer?

I try to do my best here and post when asked. But bif is not my game.

The estimate is 2-3 weeks. :pop:

thanks bob for acknowledging the problem and bringing it to the surface that you guys are working on it .

Thanks for the info. This gives me a reason to put the twins on sooner than later.

Oh crap, this sucks. I just upgraded my Smarty programing. No issues yet, but I am sure I will get it.... Just my luck.

I am not. I just put in rebuilt stixs. Guy on DTR has a stock truck doing it.

Do you want me to speculate? Will I be hung out to dry if it takes longer?

I try to do my best here and post when asked. But is not my game.

The estimate is 2-3 weeks.

Speculate????....
Nope,what you have posted can be lived with.
It still leaves a window of possibility for making the Numidia show.
Thank You!

Bob,

Is the Chrysler bug part of the 5/18 So6-pod software upgrade? If so and I've uploaded the new software to my truck; my truck may start having this issue?

Thanks,

sid

Bob,

Is the Chrysler bug part of the 5/18 So6-pod software upgrade? If so and I've uploaded the new software to my truck; my truck may start having this issue?

Thanks,

sid

Best I understand, the same chrysler update has been used on every mads update since oct/nov 2011. Or at least the same glitch is present in any of the updates I have used since then.

Since this is a Chrysler change to the ECM programming, we should be hearing of the same new "feature" from the EFI Live guys and anyone who has gotten their truck flashed to stock at the dealer since Feb 2012.

Has anyone heard of anyone else, other than a Smarty user, with the WTS light issues?

Yes, EFI programmers have run up against the same thing. Going back to a previous OS cures it.

I've developed a work-around though. Just take a bully dog with a pre 2.5x software, load it to the truck, load it back to stock, and load an older Smarty file on your Smarty and load it up. works perfectly until Marco re-writes the higher power software again

If I use the recovery file Bob sent me last july and use 1.5 or older the problem is resolved. I just dont like the early ssr files. My trucks not daily driven so Im just dealing with it for now. If I still had an S06 I would consider running it with an older file.