Young gun's 94 build thread

Carnage update, not quite as spectacular as my old billet input. But it took the stator shaft with it. Pump so far seems to be ok, but I might be getting a new one anyways.

Enjoy!

vyqurazy.jpg

vu7e3uda.jpg

pu9uza8y.jpg

picked up a good core trans from a buddy of mine and threw the trans back in my truck with a stock input and a stock converter. Also I ditched the hx35 and now Im just running the 475 as a single with a 1.10 housing temporarily while I wait for parts.

Billet input and output are ordered, parts from keating are hopefully headed this way, looking like my next long weekend will be a fab weekend.

While I was in the transmission I finally got time to soften up the 1-2 shift and back the line pressure down, it holds a steady 190-195psi in OD locked and while the 1-2 shift is a lot smoother. It still flares a tiny bit, I will be playing with the band some more to try and clear it up.

At 7k elevation I can build to 10psi of boost in about 8-9 seconds with the 1.10 housing on this 475, Stock stall converter. LOL

I've tried a couple 5 psi launches and one 10 psi launch with the lock up switch on. Man 10 psi was bada** but the front started hopping. Guess I should cool it with the precision industries shaft.

285/70/17 only reason for the change is 16" used tires are getting really hard to find. I was going to polish up my old ones cause I love the nostalgic 90's look to them. Just hated how time and stupid stuff had ruined them.

I look the look of it better then some of these guys with 20x14 and crazy offset. Don't get me wrong some don't look to bad. I'm more of a "keep it simple" guy!

I look the look of it better then some of these guys with 20x14 and crazy offset. Don't get me wrong some don't look to bad. I'm more of a "keep it simple" guy!

I've seen a few of those and they look stupid to me. Worse is the 22" like 14" wide and gazillion offset with rubber band tires.

I like the looks of your truck. Nice blue color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picked up a good core trans from a buddy of mine and threw the trans back in my truck with a stock input and a stock converter. Also I ditched the hx35 and now Im just running the 475 as a single with a 1.10 housing temporarily while I wait for parts.

Billet input and output are ordered, parts from keating are hopefully headed this way, looking like my next long weekend will be a fab weekend.

Still sitting here on my desk. Waiting for you to come see the new building and hangout. LOL