Young gun's 94 build thread

I was thinking something like 18X10.

:badidea: Tires are too expensive for us tight azzes. Like the op said I also went to 17 just for sole fact there's more used tires now that all the trucks are factory 17s. I go through a lot of tires doing punk oraler chit.

:badidea: Tires are too expensive for us tight azzes. Like the op said I also went to 17 just for sole fact there's more used tires now that all the trucks are factory 17s. I go through a lot of tires doing punk oraler chit.

:thankyou2: Never gave it a thought that most new truck come with 17's now. 17X9 it is then!

Yep. I have 18x10s on my truck. But then again I don't believe in buying cheap tires. I've got 60,000 miles on my Nitto Terra Grapplers and about 30% tread left still. Thinking of going to a 18x12 with a -44 offset though here shortly, think it will look clean on the 2wd.

Finally picked up my billet goodies from Brandon at DAP. These are TCS Arizona shafts.

ygujy2ud.jpg

I have always heard the Canadian TCS is better.

I don't really believe in paying that much more for an input shaft. We've sold these to a local performance shop that does his own trans, and a couple other trans shop around here and will only swear by the TCS shafts from Arizona. I have yet to see one of these shafts break. Including in my own truck that has taken tons of abuse. They have only seen one input shaft come back since they started making them, and said it was probably not seated in the converter all the way and warrantied it anyway. VERY reputable company.

I don't really believe in paying that much more for an input shaft. We've sold these to a local performance shop that does his own trans, and a couple other trans shop around here and will only swear by the TCS shafts from Arizona. I have yet to see one of these shafts break. Including in my own truck that has taken tons of abuse. They have only seen one input shaft come back since they started making them, and said it was probably not seated in the converter all the way and warrantied it anyway. VERY reputable company.

tcs arizona doesnt have much of a website. how much is the tcs arizona shaft? do they make any other billet parts?

tcs arizona doesnt have much of a website. how much is the tcs arizona shaft? do they make any other billet parts?

They really don't have much of a site. The outputs are also TCS in Az. And they also make one hell of a converter. Some of the better converters I've seen hit the market. These guys have done diesel stuff for awhile, just never had a really aggressive marketing plan. Very modest guys. And good at what they do.

The TCS Input shaft usually runs $620.

drove the truck back to orem, lugging along with this 1.10 housing is interesting. Running along with it unlocked its not too bad, smokey, and slow to respond but it gets around decent.

Change of direction on the converter and input, bought a used monster pump mike bolt together converter with the oversized input shaft and sold the TCS Arizona shaft to big blue24 aka Will Terry.

Also dug this out of storage, I didn't build it, but I'm going to finish it. Props to Brandon Murphy (murphy41) for giving it to me for free :D

ytazu7y5.jpg

yjy4yded.jpg

Hi there young guns nice blog, i have been instaling those TCS shafts & converters for 10 years rusty makes a *****in product. I have never had one fail!

Shortened the cold pipe a little. Still a little stumped on the intake piping, probably going to try reducing it to 4" and hammering the pipe flat to get it through.

Next time I'm going to fab my twins from scratch. Modifying a set to work sucks. The hot pipe being super short has created a few problems.

resa9asy.jpg

Did you paint or powder coat your inj lines? I was thinking to myself on the way home what a powder coater would have to do to keep the nuts free on the lines.

Monkey Fist Rage