Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Anyone I'm friends with on Facebook has seen this.....but I think this is comp-d worthy.

7e6a8u2a.jpg

thats a cool picture..
as far as the cld test goes, if you cant read and talk in english you should be failed.. but beyond that the test isnt hard. Its scarey to think that people driving with a cdl cant pass it without cheating..

You really think that these company run schools that do their own testing are as strict as the local state run testing centers? Remeber that the companies are forking over the money to get those people trained and tested, so if they fail a student then they have lost money.

Ok, see I thought the company had the school, did the training and then the students had to go to the DMV for the test. I didn't know they had their own test proctors. That's some shady sh!t right there.

Drive whatever makes you happy and makes you $$$. However IMO if i can't raise the hood and see all 6 cyl I'm not buying it. Last think I want is a greasy ass mechanic doing engine work from INSIDE the cab. Buddy was doing a head gasket on a guys Sterling dumptruck. Truck was a POS anyway but one of his guys was sitting on the floor inside the truck guiding the head when they sat it back on. :clap:

Here is the new 2 cyl Cummins ISX in a Prostar. I'm only guessing it's a 2-cyl since that's all you can see. I've seen trucks after a head on crash that didn't shove the motor back that far. :nail:
V66826_11.jpg
The pro star is not that bad to work on really. More room then alot of the newer models. Btw that's 4+ old

Anyone running the auto transmission? When I was talking to the kw salesman he said they are good. Any input?

TMC runs all autos now. My dad ran for them for a while till they made him dead head from upper Michigan to their hub in Iowa just to inspect him truck. He said they tossed his truck like cops with a warrant. Pissed him off so bad he packed his stuff instead of cleaning it and walked out.

Ok, see I thought the company had the school, did the training and then the students had to go to the DMV for the test. I didn't know they had their own test proctors. That's some shady sh!t right there.

Some do and some use a state testing center, I guess it just depends on how big of a school.

Drive whatever makes you happy and makes you $$$. However IMO if i can't raise the hood and see all 6 cyl I'm not buying it. Last think I want is a greasy ass mechanic doing engine work from INSIDE the cab. Buddy was doing a head gasket on a guys Sterling dumptruck. Truck was a POS anyway but one of his guys was sitting on the floor inside the truck guiding the head when they sat it back on. :clap:

Here is the new 2 cyl Cummins ISX in a Prostar. I'm only guessing it's a 2-cyl since that's all you can see. I've seen trucks after a head on crash that didn't shove the motor back that far. :nail:
V66826_11.jpg

Remember this aint me perty truck so if a mechanic decides to take a **** in the cab while he's working, I don't care. The next guy can clean it out. LoL

TMC runs all autos now. My dad ran for them for a while till they made him dead head from upper Michigan to their hub in Iowa just to inspect him truck. He said they tossed his truck like cops with a warrant. Pissed him off so bad he packed his stuff instead of cleaning it and walked out.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure the only truck they'll spec is a 475 horse or higher with a 13spd.

It's never been about the HP, it's all of of the torque rating, and a 2000ft-lbs and up they only have the 13 and 18 capable of those ratings. There is a 1800ft-lbs 10 spd.

Back