Billet CR block coming soon.. final thoughts/opinions

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417494158.414134.jpg

Wade a minute. Derek I think there's a market for the setup. But I'll agree with smokem why not go out on a limb and try something new? There's several great minds on here that could produce results. No guesswork needed on your part. Maybe a custom bowl will make better power? Smokem wouldn't mention it if he didn't have an idea in his head...

Ryan

Last edited:
None of this is out of the box. I have been building diesels like this for years.....and set records and win championships! There Certainly is a learning curve and a right and wrong way to build them.

Shut up Wade. If anyone needs to know how to crash into a stationary object, you will be the first person contacted. Sh!t, you can't even spell "machining" correctly.

So who is this Wade guy? I've read several posts of his......but I thought it was Hogue under a different SN. Sry if I missed who he is and don't want to jack the thread.

To the OP, I'd run a 4.250 bore and a 5.9 crank, you've already got good rods an the crank, just have someone build your pistons.

Another question, are these billet blocks just built on cummins spec or can they be built to like a 4.500 or larger bore, and a taller deck? I'm thinking a 6.7 crank, longer rod (due to taller deck) and big bore would give you good rod angles and higher rpm capabilities.

LSM didn't want to do a taller deck when I was spec'n one out. That's where I left it and still have a deposit on one.

To the morons...

i was trying to help the OP by warning him about LSM engineering and there horrible customer service and machining capabilities. also that there materials used have been know to crack...This is why we have gone elsewhere to get blocks made now.

Dont believe me just go to yellow bullet forums and read about there gasser junk...

NGM Diesel innovated the aluminum block in the diesel world along with many other innovations, this is coming from experience. Morons can say all you want. We design,build, and win with everything that comes out of this shop!

Aluminum blocks in a diesel have there set of do's and donts for sure. As we found out years ago and as weston stated, build specs and even bowl design will make a difference in power and burn characteristics.

Wanna see what we do look here.

Also nice article in performance business mag...

Dozens of other features and acticles in diesel power, diesel world and a few others!

We are here to stay like it or not. While some of you will do nothing but race the keyboard!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wade- when did you become a sponsor on this forum? I don't see one of your many screen names as blue, what did I miss? You sound a lot like your uncle Greg Hogue from that post, its scary. And calling everyone 'morons' isn't very Christian of you, sweetie.

Wade, I didn't mean any disrespect. As you can see from my post count I don't post a lot, just mainly read from time to time.

Do y'all build an aluminum head or better head than what's available?

Thanks, Wil

Did they say why? I get the feeling like they're almost limited by their CAD after they CMM a block in.

I'm curious also. A 1" increase in deck height allows you to stay with a 6.7 and get a straighter rod angle than even say a 6.4 per one well known engine builder in regards to his deckplate engines

Ryan

I'm curious also. A 1" increase in deck height allows you to stay with a 6.7 and get a straighter rod angle than even say a 6.4 per one well known engine builder in regards to his deckplate engines

Ryan

^^^^ This is what I'm talking about and want to do.

Wade- when did you become a sponsor on this forum? I don't see one of your many screen names as blue, what did I miss? You sound a lot like your uncle Greg Hogue from that post, its scary. And calling everyone 'morons' isn't very Christian of you, sweetie.

I'm not a sponsor, BTW dont need to be to build the fastest diesel truck in the world and have customers who top out the dyno competitions, and sled pulls......Yep im proud of that and every other engine we build, what have you built lately???...

Oh and LOL to greggy poo, Greg couldn't TQ my head studs...let alone a decent diesel engine... oh the Moron text wasn't geared towards everyone, they know who they are.

Wade, I didn't mean any disrespect. As you can see from my post count I don't post a lot, just mainly read from time to time.

Do y'all build an aluminum head or better head than what's available?

Thanks, Wil

Its OK i know how it goes around here. Yes we can make billet heads.

Thanks Taylor, I had forgotten about them! And they're only about an hour away from me.
Do you know if they do anything for cummins blocks?

That'll work, I'm not at the point of needing a billet block.....yet, I guess I'm easier on stuff or my guy knows how to tune good, lol.
I am however interested in a cummins head that'll last without cracking AND flow good.

And no offense on the "I thought you where Hogue" remark! I get offended when I see the stuff that dude posts and says all over the internet and also calls himself a fireman! As a 20+ year fireman/paramedic and now Lieutenant, I get terribly offended by him saying he is a fireman and not being able to spell, sounding illiterate, and the constant "I'm awesome BS"......also there's no record of him holding any type of firefighter certification with the state of Texas, at least not under the name Greg Hogue.

Sry, I had to go on a little rant there.......I'm done now

Back