scary larry or smarty tnt

Unlike Greg, "Wade" accually partisipates and wins races and in the process has helped set the bar in the CR world. With 11.0's on video and a 10.90 as the fastest pass. I say that a year later it's still one of the fastest times for a CR 4x4 CC Truck. According to posts made in the past these achivements were made with a single charger (IISB66) and street tires.

I would say that "Wade" has put more Proof on the Track then most of the guys that try and bash Him.

well I must have one of the fastest CR's too if Wade can make the claim. I've seen 11's...mine though is "lifted on 37's @ 8500lbs w/ a single SB66 on fuel" If you ask me, that says something about the Smarty. That's pretty close to what you claim he's ran and he doesn't have near the weight, height or charisma :hehe:

I also don't come on the forums and gloat about about it or try to discredit others. I'd rather have the respect of my peers than have the fastest truck

I run the 4.13b version of the TNT/R Smarty. My best time so far is 11.08, and I've run that twice. For racing though I turn the power down, because of traction limitations I'm not as consistent at the 11.08. At 11.20 it's really consistent. The truck weighs 7150 with me in it, and the only thing I have done to reduce the weight of the truck since I got it, was to remove the goose neck hitch, and the spare tire. I'm not the fastest CR out there, but my goal is not to be the fastest.

The spool up with the Smarty is good. The adjustable options (rail pressure, torque management, timing, power level, etc), allow me to tune the truck, to suit me for racing.

I am very happy with the "package" on my truck. The combination of injectors, turbo's, programming, and transmission, has really made this truck fun to drive.

Oh, yeah... I've been know to win a race or two... :hehe:

Paul

Who made this comment and where?

Earlier in this thread in one of his rants.

John you are a real POS, you keep babbling about about me, but you have never been as fast as I have, in a truck, that I basically built and tuned . I had a lot of help, but most of then walked by and laughed at the thought of racing a diesel, now they race diesel.

You keep babbling on about being a real diesel mechanic, but in reality you’re a diesel grease monkey , a good one , but your not really a drag racer , you have make a mockery of diesel to the mainstream.

A few months back if Charlie Stewart hadn’t taken up for you , without you knowing, you were fixxien to be showed the gate at Kennedale.

Your instants of not listen to others is so ignorant , and aragonite , you wasted a lot of time and parts, other peoples parts that were given to you , trying to do some of the most ridicules things .

We get a good laugh of your latest antics every time we gather at Hooters for Wednesday’s lunch.

You keep saying that I haven’t run a diesel, but your wrong, in the last 12 months I have raced two NHRA nation events in a diesel truck, being the third fastest person in a diesel truck, behind Wes and Charlie with the 8.37 @ 169 at Vegas last year. I ran 3 land speed races , and was the first to ever run a street diesel truck at A NHRA National Event in Denver

Your instants of coming on and thread and attacking me and every opportunity is appalling, and absolute unprofessional and I’m sure the gang will get on here and call me everything but.

But you see it doesn’t bother me, I still press on, and will race sooner than you think,

John you should look at yourself , even thou you can get out of you own way on the track, you in my opinion are doing a lot of good things right with your racing team, , with the exception of these constant personal attacks , playing off me , because it looks easy is making you look like a ass, I get at least 2 to 3 PM’s ever time you do this ,and it’s not looking good.

Im sure you will threaten me , or somthing like that, so go ahead , its you normal.

I'm really not worred,

Last edited:
Bully Dog has some great tunes. The Scary Larry was good, but there was bigger tunes that they have made. This new Smarty tune is a VERY great tune. We have seen some big hp numbers from that tune. We like selling Smarty. It is a very good product. Brady

it's not solely the electronics that make the truck but, it is the mouth that can break a man...! :hehe:

i know this thread is old but i ran across it doin some research. now me and bob have had highs and lows along with arguements but honestly i never had a problem with the programming or customer service i recieved. right now bob and i dont get along because of a thread "smarty this smarty that" thread on another forum, but that besides the point. I personally dont think the guy has the file and why would bob come on here and make another name "marco" when if you check other forums and if a moderator checked ip addy you guys would see that the name Marco has helped out a handful of guys with issues and programming that i believe may be over the head of bob. im not currently running a smarty would love to try tnt/r not project x. carry on with the work bob/marco i think you make a great product but like mentioned before what works on one truck may not be the greatest on another. remember running smarty on the "hot" settings requires more than the average guy has done to his truck

i know this thread is old but i ran across it doin some research. now me and bob have had highs and lows along with arguements but honestly i never had a problem with the programming or customer service i recieved. right now bob and i dont get along because of a thread "smarty this smarty that" thread on another forum, but that besides the point. I personally dont think the guy has the file and why would bob come on here and make another name "marco" when if you check other forums and if a moderator checked ip addy you guys would see that the name Marco has helped out a handful of guys with issues and programming that i believe may be over the head of bob. im not currently running a smarty would love to try tnt/r not project x. carry on with the work bob/marco i think you make a great product but like mentioned before what works on one truck may not be the greatest on another. remember running smarty on the "hot" settings requires more than the average guy has done to his truck

Couldnt have said it better myself. I like Marco's tuning, however it doesn't run the same on EVERY truck. $.02

ya know its really a mute point now. After sema the bar has risen again :evil

You kill me man. What bar? The bar you havent met? Dude you still cant beat tunes from 05 on an o5 truck or another tune from 06 on 06 trucks:blahblah1::blahblah1:

Just WAIT good things to come LMAO.......quote thanks to bob

Last edited:
Marco gives me full control of the /R tune. There is no other way to get it.

Greg sent me his vin number, its now on the list :badidea:

Seriously, wake up you are ruining what ever reputation you had on the forums by opening your mouth. Everyday I see you ripping on customers PAYING customers.:bang

I deal with small business everyday and have never experienced what it is that you could possibly bring to madselectronics in this besides loss in profits or doing everything possible to piss people off, let alone blowing them off with TNT/R even after they bought supporting mods to run the programming from YOU of all people:doh: but i guess if thats a good business quality then you should be commended I don't know why things havent changed with you. Maybe someday you will wake up.

Addressing your comment below

Couldnt have said it better myself. I like Marco's tuning, however it doesn't run the same on EVERY truck. $.02

A couple years ago I had an issue with my ecm. In doing my research I found that DCX was making changes to their ecm's on the same year truck on at least a monthly basis!!! I haven't a clue why, but consider how that can affect a tune like Marco is doing and how it may not run the same on one truck as another even if they are the same year. Surely this has a great deal to do with why trucks DO NOT run the same. Hope that helps.

A couple years ago I had an issue with my ecm. In doing my research I found that DCX was making changes to their ecm's on the same year truck on at least a monthly basis!!! I haven't a clue why, but consider how that can affect a tune like Marco is doing and how it may not run the same on one truck as another even if they are the same year. Surely this has a great deal to do with why trucks DO NOT run the same. Hope that helps.

I understand what you are saying and appreciate the input, good information.:Cheer:

I'm just saying that with my 07 5.9 smarty doesnt run as well as my BD on my truck is all. :Cheer:

after reading all this, ill stick to the old 12v where everything you need to get power just bolts right on :bigsmile:

Back