2010 NHRDA Rules Announcment

I think the battery rule is bogus. It is not against any law nor is it not dot aproved to run your battery in the rear bed or trunk as long as it is vented properly and secured properly. The 2wd slicks should have to be DOT aproved also.

Joe
A BIG X2 ON THAT

Looks like I won't be making any NHRDA events based on battery and fuel cell. I was just looking for safety when I went this direction.

Looks like I won't be making any NHRDA events based on battery and fuel cell. I was just looking for safety when I went this direction.

Why not run Pro street? I think the rules changes are good. Puts the race only trucks in pro-street.

Yes, Pro Street it will be. I was looking forward to running in superstreet one more year.. but thats ok. I have a better chance in Pro street anyways. I dont have the wallet to keep up with everyone that keeps going faster and faster.. might help keep my truck in 1 peice too.

On Edit, I just read everything again,, duh, I cant pass reading 101 either. I am not going to be competitive in pro street either. I cant run heads up with a 4500 lb truck. I need to run brackets so I will be racing with all the 13 second guys I guess.

Im confused as to why there isnt a fast bracket class....

i have a question based on my build plans.i see the duraflite is not allowed in super street i assume because it is not an oem to a dmax,however the tranny is oem to dodge so will it be legal in a ctd?just wondering i had planned on running either the flite or ats's version but i can see were the programable shift points may be an issue...

Duraflite is legal in a dmax because it's an OEM tranny.

You guys that are getting all worked up about having to have a battery forward of the firewall are being a bit petty in my opinion. If that is a deal breaker for you then I suggest it's more of a cop out than a problem.

We just have an issue with the fuel cell. We too have a problem sucking air at launch, unless we have 30 gallons in there. I guess we will have to figure it out, I understand why they did it.

you guys wanted rule changes, they made superstreet for more of a street truck and some guys are still upset, lets remember, the diesel community is still young and we need to support each other, thank NHRDA for provideing us events at which we can get out and have fun and meet new people. May everyone have a merry christmas and hopefully see you guys in the new year

You guys that are getting all worked up about having to have a battery forward of the firewall are being a bit petty in my opinion. If that is a deal breaker for you then I suggest it's more of a cop out than a problem.

It's not a problem, copout, or a deal breaker. It is more of an inconvenience than anything. It was going to be nice having all that much more room under the hood for other added things. Just a change of plans and a little more cramp area.

Joe

you guys wanted rule changes, they made superstreet for more of a street truck and some guys are still upset, lets remember, the diesel community is still young and we need to support each other, thank NHRDA for provideing us events at which we can get out and have fun and meet new people. May everyone have a merry christmas and hopefully see you guys in the new year

Actually Shawn, my take was most people wanted to address a competitive class for the mid 11 to mid 10, or "Gap" trucks. My personal opinion is the new rules for Super Street either pushes a lot of those trucks to Pro Street where they will have to step it up, or essentially go "backwards" with their builds to stay in Super Street. Ya never know, this move may actually be a good thing and push more people to go "deeper".

Personally, I will still go to the NHRDA races and will be racing in Pro Street. Was not really what I was hoping for right now because it will take a lot of work to make my truck competitive in that class, if it ever can be? But all I really want to do is race! If it has to be in Pro Street, so be it.

And a Merry Christmas to everyone also!!! See you at the races!!!:D

Did anyone notice that the ET limits are gone from bracket racing? I take that to mean that you can race ET Brackets no matter how quick you are running? Heck, I bracket race my low 9-second gasser, so why not?

I could see the point about the battery placement (and it's not a huge deal to move them back under the hood), but the fuel cell is usually there for both safety and fuel delivery problems, and would be a big hassle to change. Heck, NHRA allows fuel cells in Stock class, where you can't even port a cylinder head!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

As a whole I like the changes. I like the fact that any truck can run the brackets. That fact makes it so that any truck could win in a class. I know some don't like racing brackets, but as far as I'm concerned all racing is fun. I prefer being the fast truck in a bracket race, others prefer being the slow one.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind some of the super street rules, but they won't effect me. I think again as a whole they will make the classes broader, and more competitive.

Good job NHRDA!!

Paul

The rules are to push the guys that are built trucks like us, max'd out and a few others into the next class, which if we were still racing the orange truck we would be going into pro street anyways.

Everyone seemed to have a problem with us and Max'd out in thier classes so everyone should be happy cause now we arent in their class and if you get moved up to then well I guess the rules should have just been left the same as they were but people wanted change

We just have an issue with the fuel cell. We too have a problem sucking air at launch, unless we have 30 gallons in there. I guess we will have to figure it out, I understand why they did it.

Please explain it to me. I don't get it. The gap in classes thread had to do with the ET and speed, not if you moved your battery or ran a fuel cell.The gap in classes thread is what brought this to a forum. Where is it stated that nitrous is prohibited.NHRDA mirrors NHRA as we use their tech, safety and licensing requirements. NHRA's super classes are all heads up and indexed. Pro street is beat you to the other end. I don't see where battery location, fuel cell use and location has near the :doh: effect on the gap as does nitrous. The changes I see on this class remind me of the change BHO promised those that voted for him. Flame suit on.

Back