New NADM Street licensed diesel rule?

I've driven a p-pump that sounded like an old 2 cyl Deere on the street...you had to pedal the thing the keep it running at stop lights. Anyone that can't limp any 2.6 truck through a road test needs to think about their setup.

Chris

I would like to know how they will enforce it considering Duramaxes can de-tune with a laptop.
Brandon

Just curious, but what does that have to do with anything? On Lb7's and LLYs (01-04) you can have five tunes loaded into the truck at all times, and switch them without your laptop, but I don't see how changing tunes would give an advantage? I think they're looking for a little more than a "big tune". ;) :Cheer:

ok first of all whats this rule gonna prove....if a truck can spit and sputter 20 miles? a lot of trucks could make it but 1. it wouldnt be pretty 2. it wouldnt be the greatest on the truck. seems like a lot of effort for not proving much. just not real sure what this rule is for. i understand what there trying to do but if the truck meets all the rules for the class, then that should be the extent of it. my $.02.

about the tunes....someone can have a tune loaded on there truck that goes basically back to a stock tune. i know i daily drive mine all the time on lower tunes and as soon as i get to the track i turn my switch up and its a totally different truck. with this rule duramaxs have a big advantage in how easy this is to do.

If your truck can do it, no problems, then why are you complaining??

A 2.6 isn't a big charger...no truck should be spitting and sputtering on a 20 mile drive, unless it's not tuned right. The only thing it could be hurting on the truck, is a 13mm pump...the rest of it, should be fine. If you're engine can't handle a 20 mile drive every once in a while, things are getting way out of hand;)

This is making me want to throw on a S465 and prove a point...although having never pulled before, I'd quickly be humbled by the sled gods! That being said, there is absolutely no reason a 2.6 truck can't handle 20 miles.

Chris

im not complaining by anymeans. just saying that by the way some trucks run around the pits in the 2.6 class, they would have some problems doin this drive. not saying that its impossible by anymeans.

Wait, is this a "stock" class? If not, who cares how big a tune is in the truck?

What some are missing is that regardless of how big a "tune" is in a Dmax, or someone has their Smarty cranked up, you can still drive them. I think they're looking for block filled "puller" trucks that aren't really streetable, (meaning they'd most likely overheat in 20 miles with no coolant, ya dig?). That's what, not to check who's running a big tune, is I think the aim of this proposal.

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but that's how it seems to me.$.02

Wait, is this a "stock" class? If not, who cares how big a tune is in the truck?

What some are missing is that regardless of how big a "tune" is in a Dmax, or someone has their Smarty cranked up, you can still drive them. I think they're looking for block filled "puller" trucks that aren't really streetable, (meaning they'd most likely overheat in 20 miles with no coolant, ya dig?). That's what, not to check who's running a big tune, is I think the aim of this proposal.

Maybe I'm not reading this right, but that's how it seems to me.$.02

i think this is the target for the said rule.

IMO i wouldnt drop XX,XXX in to the block just to fry it on a 20 mile excursion. due to little to no coolant in the block.

If you want to keep the filled block trucks out, why not just make that the rule instead of requiring a possible 20 mile road trip? Wouldn't it just be easier to pull the radiator hose and check? Seems like a pretty ridiculous rule if you ask me...

If They Do This And I By Anymeans And Forced To Do This I Will Drop My Pull My Old School Does Not Have Cooling Capacity To Cool It Unless We Are Allowed Electric Water Pumps It Just Will Not Do It Even When It Was Ve And Had 370 It Would Get Hot With Electric Fans Is Not Reasonable Just Follow The Rules On Charger And Drivetrain And It Will Be A Fun Competitive Class Ths Is My $.02

Also, isnt the reasoning behind a filled block is to strengthen the block so it can withstand excessive boost and cylinder pressures? Show me one 2.6 charger that can make that much boost... I highly doubt a filled block is anything to worry about at this level.

As for people saying a 12V would be to hard to drive after a pull when its set for pulling, can't you just have a valet switch?

This isnt completely about filled blocks ppl! Its about the 2.6 trucks are getting out of hand and are not even streetable easy as that! If you have reason to ***** about this rule, go to the next class!

Really want to make it streetable no Weights for the 2.6 and 2.8 class. Since the 3.0 and Super Street seems to be the middle between "street" and Mod classes.

rule wouldnt bother me. I dont usually pull in alot of the "bigger" pulls, but anytime I do pull I drive the truck there and home. And everyday to work for that matter

so i have a motor that is being built at the moment that has an auto trans w/ a high stall, 13mm pump, 15:1, 5x.020's, 2.8 charger, and some other goodies and i will still be able to street drive it. why cant the 2.6 guys do this? im not trying to pick a fight, i think that it is a good rule. just my own opinion

so i have a motor that is being built at the moment that has an auto trans w/ a high stall, 13mm pump, 15:1, 5x.020's, 2.8 charger, and some other goodies and i will still be able to street drive it. why cant the 2.6 guys do this? im not trying to pick a fight, i think that it is a good rule. just my own opinion

All I know Josh, is I would hate to be the trailing vehicle in this little test run if you had to do it:hehe:

If your truck can do it, no problems, then why are you complaining??

A 2.6 isn't a big charger...no truck should be spitting and sputtering on a 20 mile drive, unless it's not tuned right. The only thing it could be hurting on the truck, is a 13mm pump...the rest of it, should be fine. If you're engine can't handle a 20 mile drive every once in a while, things are getting way out of hand;)

This is making me want to throw on a S465 and prove a point...although having never pulled before, I'd quickly be humbled by the sled gods! That being said, there is absolutely no reason a 2.6 truck can't handle 20 miles.

Chris

Well put Chris! Remember, it is a TWENTY mile excuesion. IF you get FIRST place and IF a tech(s) feel its necessary. You are not going on excursions on every time you hook here guys. Bottom line is, if its a problem, you probably need to bump up. Beyond that, its truckpulling. :rockwoot:

What are the guide lines to this rule?

Who is to say the truck is streetable?

Are u telling me that u could hook all season get to the last pull and the tech guy say hey lets make him do our "Opinionated road test" then it pisses our entire season away?

U allow hanging weights and Air/Water IC's and this is a street class?

Point blank u HAVE NO RULES THAT TELL US WHAT MAKES OUR TRUCKS STREETABLE it just says a 20 mile road trip, is that accelerating decelerating pulling a trailer stop and go do we have to keep the water temp below 180* do we have to drive 20 miles going 60mph? U have nothing telling us what this 20mile excursion consist's of?

U gave us a set of rules and we build to them and can pass with flying colors but we also have to pass your road test which with the way they read IT IS ALL OPINION THEIR ARE NO GUIDELINES.

All im getting at what are the guidelines to this rule, u ask 99 people they may have 99 opinions of what streetable is?

Brandon

Man I've seen more crying in this thread than TS allowing nitrous. It's a street class. If you can't drive your 2.6 class truck on the street then move up. NADM doesn't make the rules on what is streetable. That is up to the state you live in and the local law enforcement where you are at at the time. You know very well if your truck is capable of making the trip.

Back